All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Fontaines tour also selling really well suggesting that they will bring a massive crowd
  3. I'll try to remember! Will definitely post here.
  4. would really love a cheap ticket, could you tag me if they pop up on TfG? thanks
  5. definitely by oxylers in 2011 still as ironically i seen matt smith walking past as i came out of said tardis (see how i've linked this) at about 7 in the morning one day
  6. First announcement for the autumn In the City event next week.
  7. I guess the genie is out of the bottle now, who knows what we'll do in future! Will see what this is like this year, have been religiously camped in Lime Kiln for years, so it'll be a new experience.
  8. I was quite weirded out one year seeing these guys at something that wasn't Glastonbury. Can't quite remember where now, possibly a Christmas market, maybe York? I mean of course they'd be at different events, would be mad if they just did Glastonbury, but it just seemed wrong.
  9. I did the merchandise at my small local venue at a gig last week. All £625 received went to the band. It makes a huge difference to the viability of smaller gigs.
  10. I know it's too late now but for future Glastonbury's wouldn't hiring a big caravan and having it delivered to CV east quiet work out cheaper and alot easier for you all as you wouldn't need any gear apart from your clothes and your then 10/15 mins away from gate C. I think a caravan is about £800 that would accommodate all of you Edit maybe not cheaper but not far off but definitely easier
  11. Actually, just realised that it's back to the old festival ticket and pass out messing like when we used to bring the van. Not generally a problem for me, but some of the eejits I'm with will definitely be panic stricken looking for their ticket to get in or out at some point! 😁
  12. TfG has half price Elbow tickets for Birmingham 10 May. 2 tickets per order. Other stuff atm, The Blockheads, Living Colour, Hayseed Dixie, plus a few smaller festivals.
  13. Apparently there will be lockers available, I've used something similar at download for £20 and it was worth it for the charging point. (I can see it being more than that here) But good shout on the near by lockups.
  14. More likely Lana Del Rey, then she's not gone for it after all. But yeah, pretty meh.
  15. She was 4th name of the day at Rock Werchter in 2019 under Tool, The Cure and Bring Me The Horizon. At Open'er that same year she was subbing The Smashing Pumpkins as well. No clue how she got to headline now
  16. Also worth noting... the bigger venues take a huge cut on merch. Very bad practice IMO. A couple of weeks ago at John Cooper Clarke gig at City Hall in Sheffield, one of the supports announced - really sorry had to increase the price of the book slightly, as City Hall are taking 25%, which leaves around a quid for me at the regular price. I know some in the industry have been trying to end this practice, and most small venues don't take a cut, but could the big guys at least not end it now for support acts, as a minimum.
  17. This exactly! Was about to ask where the lockups near PGD are? Generally stay over the other side of the site so unfamiliar with this neck of the woods, but will be dropping anything worth nicking in there once pitched and on my first foray inside. Edit: Looks like the ones at Bushy Ground appear the be closest!
  18. Well line up announced, pretty meh I have to say, looks like Melvin moved the dates for Kylie.
  19. I've given up trying to look into new names on the Saturday as that headline pool is too stacked for words (in my opinion). Thursday looks great as well. Friday however with the exception of Miss Lana seems to be a bit dead.
  20. Can't see it being anything like the superfence, they claim to have security on patrol. I've camped in the campervan field previously and anyone can walk into that field and I haven't had issues. I remember a few years ago reading that security didn't turn up for their shift at lovefields camping and there were thefts from tents, I'll be staying at holt farm and I'm treating it like as if I was in regular camping, not leaving anything valuable in the tent. Its run by yurtel, so I'm expecting it to be a decent setup.
  21. Before their show in Amsterdam was announced I was seriously thinking about flying in for Manchester. Thank god I didn‘t. I would be raging.
  22. From what the festival said, it was "resources" rather than toilets specifically. The reporting expanded on that to focus on portaloos but the shortages would have been so much more than that. Even today, with them being "officially" removed from site - Glastonbury does still hire in huge numbers of portaloos. They're relied in many staff-only areas and campsites, and are placed at various remote outposts (so for example those stewards/security sat on someones driveway 3 miles from the site will usually have access to one). Even in public areas, there's still plenty in use albeit as far as I know all outside the fence - certainly there's been loads of them just outside Gate A in recent years.
  23. I see that everyone has now realized the difficulties of managing the Thursday clashes... Whatever happens, there will be tears to be had
  1. Load more activity

• Latest Tourdates