Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

Seeing as that dance stage is 25,000 capacity and the festival is 80,000 capacity, I reckon the headliners must be on at the same time as something on the two main stages.

If Massive Attack aren't clashing with either of the headliners I imagine the two main stages will alternate as usual and MA will be on at the same time as the 2nd stage headliner (AIC maybe?). Ideal situation for the Thursday would be that this happens again and that the 2nd stage headliner is Kasabian rather than Tame Impala (did Bar Tool say Kasabian are 3rd/4th down main, though? If Justice aren't on main then I guess that makes it likely that main could be Kasabian > Tame > PJ). Sunday I'll just be happy for the electronic headliner to be someone I'm not fussed about (Moby works).

Probably not worth thinking about too much when there could easily be more acts the size of Tame Impala etc in the coming announcements.

Actually, having looked at last year's clashfiners it's a lot less normal structured than I thought based on the poster. There were 3 acts on the 2 main stages after Foo Fighters (Kurt Vile 2nd, Catfish main, Boyz Noise 2nd), and the 2nd act on the poster (Foals) played before Foos on the 2nd stage.

Guess the only thing you can really take from the current poster is that the top two lines will probably be alternating in some kind of order on the two main stages, with the exception of Justice and Massive Attack. Hopefully they clash with Kasabian and Snow Patrol, respectively :P

Praying to god that Justice clash with Kasabian. It would be gutting if they crossed over with Tame Impala.

It's probably the only chance I have of getting my mates to bump Kasabian. No idea how they can still get billed so highly on the festival circuit after 10+ years of god awful records. Surely everyone's bored of them now!?

3 minutes ago, MatheauWillis said:

Praying to god that Justice clash with Kasabian. It would be gutting if they crossed over with Tame Impala.

It's probably the only chance I have of getting my mates to bump Kasabian. No idea how they can still get billed so highly on the festival circuit after 10+ years of god awful records. Surely everyone's bored of them now!?

The majority of your group want to see Kasabian yet you're confused as to why they're still getting top billing. Hmm.

1 minute ago, The Placid Casual said:

The majority of your group want to see Kasabian yet you're confused as to why they're still getting top billing. Hmm.

My thoughts too. Love Kasabian but I've seen them a lot over the past few years so think I'll give them a miss this year should they clash with anyone like Justice or Tame Impala. Only seen both of those once before.

3 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

My thoughts too. Love Kasabian but I've seen them a lot over the past few years so think I'll give them a miss this year should they clash with anyone like Justice or Tame Impala. Only seen both of those once before.

Kasabian v Justice clash is definitely possible, I can't see them clashing with Tame.

Can see Justice clashing with Kasabian or Fleet Foxes.

3 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Not actually confused, just a bit upset and felt like a public internet forum was the best place to display my emotions. I was at Glastonbury this year and had to come to terms with people I associate with opting to see Ed Sheeran over Justice, I can do it again!

• Like 1

well, the "second" stage is basically the same as the "first" one (they are next to each other). this setup helps in avoiding breaks in the main stage program. i wouldn't treat them as having separate schedule one from the other. of course the main acts will play on the bigger stage, but acts like snow patrol, tame impala, alice in chains can easily be on the "second" one.

the thing is that there are already 5-6 big bands a day and there will certainly be more to come in the next announcements. even if the big electronic acts will not clash with main headliners, i'm sure 100% this festival will have pretty major clashes. we should only hope these will not affect our personal schedule.

9 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

well, the "second" stage is basically the same as the "first" one (they are next to each other). this setup helps in avoiding breaks in the main stage program. i wouldn't treat them as having separate schedule one from the other. of course the main acts will play on the bigger stage, but acts like snow patrol, tame impala, alice in chains can easily be on the "second" one.

the thing is that there are already 5-6 big bands a day and there will certainly be more to come in the next announcements. even if the big electronic acts will not clash with main headliners, i'm sure 100% this festival will have pretty major clashes. we should only hope these will not affect our personal schedule.

Just got to bear in mind we paid approximately either £40 or £50 a day for this festival depending on whether you used the offer. There's at least one band on each day I'd happily pay over £40 to see at their own show, so regardless of any clashes it's still absolutely ridiculous value for money.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thursday:
Main and 2nd: FIDLAR > Sampha > Tame Impala > MGMT > Pearl Jam > Fleet Foxes > Kasabian (vs Justice)

Friday:
Main and 2nd: Franz Ferdinand > Marmozets (vs Perfume Genius) > Jack White > At the Drive-In > Arctic Monkeys > Alice in Chains > Snow Patrol (vs Massive Attack)

Saturday:
Main and 2nd: Glass Animals > Black Rebel Motorcycle Club > Future Islands > Queens of the Stone Age > Rag'n'Bone Man (vs The Black Madonna) > Depeche Mode > Jack Johnson (vs Moby) > Nine Inch Nails

Cheers Mad Cool. Looks like seeing The Bloody Beetroots is gonna be difficult with how stacked that Friday is.

I agree, the clashes are gonna be massive. I'm not worried about Saturady, as the acts (big and small) mostly aren't my cup of tea, but Thursday is gonna be a complete mess for me. Probably the optimal outcome would be Justice clashing with Fleet Foxes (which are the only big name I don't care about at all that day) and Kasabian with MGMT (so I can catch half of each) but even so I'm sure there will be some stupid and completely unnecessary overlaps, such as Tame Impala/Washed out/Yo la tengo and Fidlar/last internationale/japandroids...

As I can't think of a good outcome, I'll just wait for the schedule and hope for the best. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, clasher said:

I agree, the clashes are gonna be massive. I'm not worried about Saturady, as the acts (big and small) mostly aren't my cup of tea, but Thursday is gonna be a complete mess for me. Probably the optimal outcome would be Justice clashing with Fleet Foxes (which are the only big name I don't care about at all that day) and Kasabian with MGMT (so I can catch half of each) but even so I'm sure there will be some stupid and completely unnecessary overlaps, such as Tame Impala/Washed out/Yo la tengo and Fidlar/last internationale/japandroids...

As I can't think of a good outcome, I'll just wait for the schedule and hope for the best. :rolleyes:

Think Kasabian and MGMT will both be on the main two stages so won't clash at all.

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Think Kasabian and MGMT will both be on the main two stages so won't clash at all.

That just might be the case, at least atm, but there's still new names to come and we don't know how many or how big.

Personally I'd hope they add nothing interesting on Thursday ^_^

P.s.: where to put anything really, the lineup looks strong, complete and an absolute bargain already

Edited by clasher

Just now, clasher said:

That just might be the case, at least atm, but there's still new names to come and we don't know how many or how big.

Yeah good point. Can't deal with more big names being announced aside from the Friday headliners :lol:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, clasher said:

Didn't someone say 130 is the total - so that leaves about 70 more! I wouldn't get too attached to seeing anyone quite yet ;)

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Sounds like a decent portion of these yet to be announced acts will be electronic acts seeing as they've got a whole stage dedicated to it, and Bar Tool also said as much.

Wonder if they'll be the dj + type, which seems common at a lot of festivals? So far, the electronic acts on the bill are mostly tilted towards rock/pop.

3 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Also when asked if it would be a headliner next Friday from 'the other side of the pond' he just put three smiley faces.

Just read this bit. He was actually asked if one of the Friday headliners has just announced something the other side of the pond, so that's Jack White even more nailed on :P

The conversation was basically:

User: "Could you give us a little clue about when you confirm?"

Bar Tool: "Next week"

User: "Some Friday head between them?" (Assume this is asking whether it will include a Friday headliner)

Bar Tool: "It will depend on the strategy to follow. But with very high sales, we have to evaluate it this Monday."

User: "Some headliner on Friday announced something on the other side of the pond?"

Bar Tool: ":D:D8)"

So yeah I also don't think he's saying an announcement on Friday. The mentions of Friday just seem to be referring to the Friday headliners.

What I get from it is that next announcement is next week, it may include a headliner depending on what strategy they decide on (sounds like one headliner is now available to announce, probably Jack White after Gov. Ball announced him), and that one headliner has just announced something in America (so Jack White).

• Upvote 1

https:///s/mcf18 

Updated the clashfinder with this new info, idk if it's good or anything but suggestions are ofcourse very welcome! About the 130 bands thing, on mine right now are about 100 ish spots either filled in or filled in as "-", so that has to mean they start around 5pm, no? Or they let the tents play the whole night (where I have them all play until like 2 am-ish

I'd see The Last Internationale, Portugal. The Man, Kaleo, Real Estate and Black Pistol Fire also ending up on either of the mains but I followed your suggestion @Gucci Piggy

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Just read this bit. He was actually asked if one of the Friday headliners has just announced something the other side of the pond, so that's Jack White even more nailed on :P

The conversation was basically:

User: "Could you give us a little clue about when you confirm?"

Bar Tool: "Next week"

User: "Some Friday head between them?" (Assume this is asking whether it will include a Friday headliner)

Bar Tool: "It will depend on the strategy to follow. But with very high sales, we have to evaluate it this Monday."

User: "Some headliner on Friday announced something on the other side of the pond?"

Bar Tool: ":D:D8)"

So yeah I also don't think he's saying an announcement on Friday. The mentions of Friday just seem to be referring to the Friday headliners.

What I get from it is that next announcement is next week, it may include a headliner depending on what strategy they decide on (sounds like one headliner is now available to announce, probably Jack White after Gov. Ball announced him), and that one headliner has just announced something in America (so Jack White).

Yeah I think it was the comment below that made me assume Friday, although they've announced bands on a Sunday before so you can never be 100% :lol:

The offer ends on Monday night.
Tuesday will raise the price, although there are very few bonds on sale.
News at the end of the week.

5 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Yeah I think it was the comment below that made me assume Friday, although they've announced bands on a Sunday before so you can never be 100% :lol:

The offer ends on Monday night.
Tuesday will raise the price, although there are very few bonds on sale.
News at the end of the week.

Ah fair enough. I reckon because he implied he isn't sure whether they'll announce a headliner next week then that means Arctic Monkeys won't be announced then, as he'll know when that's coming (expecting them to do a Pearl Jam and confirm their tour at once). Jack White next week (plus others), and Arctic Monkeys the following week along with NOS, Werchter, TRNSMT and any others they're playing, I reckon.

Gonna be a struggle for me clash-wise, these are my priorities based on how much I like the band and whether I've seen them before

Thursday- Tame Impala> Mgmt>Justice>Fleet Foxes>Kasabian>Yo La Tengo> Pearl Jam( I know everyone loves them I'm sorry everyone) >Fidlar

Friday- Arctic Monkeys>Jack White>Franz Ferdinand> Real Estate> Massive Attack>Snow Patrol

Saturday- Qotsa> Depeche Mode> NIN>Future Islands>Portugal The Man>Glass Animals> Jack Johnson > Black Rebel Motorcycle Club