System of a Down?

theDandy

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i still don't think it's gonna happen but thought i'd bring it up to mull over: SOAD announced as headliner for Download, but not as an exclusive, a tag they've given another headliner, Aerosmith. now Aerosmith is listed as the only UK show of 2017 so it may just be the case that System have their own shows lined up as well, but with Glastonbury being the only other festival they'd be suitable for that just happens to be slap bang in the middle of their European festival schedule, who knows ey?

I definitely think it's possible. I can't imagine Andy Copping would lose too much sleep if one of his headliners played the Other stage at Glastonbury. I just don't have that much faith in the Eavii to book such a heavy act to headline one of their stages. They consistently side step those genres. SOAD make bags of sense though so hopefully it comes off. Prophets of Rage could sub them (unless they are billed as exclusive?)

Since seeing that download line up I've been getting my hopes right up for SOAD and / or Prophets, I'd bloody love it, then I come on here and see this, my hopes grow higher. Just seeing them being talked about. Gonna be disappointed ain't I! Till they announce billy talent for the Leftfield stage and I'll be buzzing again :-) gotta have Glasto line up dreams haven't you..

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

i still don't think it's gonna happen but thought i'd bring it up to mull over: SOAD announced as headliner for Download, but not as an exclusive, a tag they've given another headliner, Aerosmith. now Aerosmith is listed as the only UK show of 2017 so it may just be the case that System have their own shows lined up as well, but with Glastonbury being the only other festival they'd be suitable for that just happens to be slap bang in the middle of their European festival schedule, who knows ey?

They're suited to reading & leeds snd have played there previously dont forget. More suited there than glasto. Either way I am praying to see em at glasto (tho I will probably go to download to see them lol) 

More likely at Glasto than Reading.

Glasto is just after all their other dates and Reading is nearly 2 months later than their last date.

Also Andy Copping won't want one of his headliners at a festival he competes with for sales (Reading),especially as they wouldn't headline Reading.

He wouldn't really care much if they played Glasto, he won't lose any sales to Glastonbury.

Unlikely but no exclusivity tag certainly gives it hope.

Edited by Gozpot

3 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

They're suited to reading & leeds snd have played there previously dont forget. More suited there than glasto. Either way I am praying to see em at glasto (tho I will probably go to download to see them lol) 

Reading and Leeds is in August and they're touring European festivals around June/July (thus far), and also i think Download would have more of a problem of them playing lower at R/L, a competitor of theirs, than Glastonbury, which isn't really a direct competitor and is already sold out

edit: yeah what he said ^

Edited by FloorFiller

11 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

only thing is if we're to believe there's a chance of SOAD appearing then we'd also have to hope that Biffy pop up at another festival as they're also not listed as an exclusive. guess there's always a chance that TITP have got them again, but we shall see

I think T is a near on certainty to be honest, that's why it's not exclusive. SOAD though not being tagged exclusive does make you wonder, I'd jump at the chance they are Glasto Friday night and I'll comfortably being to wait to see as well.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I think T is a near on certainty to be honest, that's why it's not exclusive. SOAD though not being tagged exclusive does make you wonder, I'd jump at the chance they are Glasto Friday night and I'll comfortably being to wait to see as well.

if SOAD play i'd imagine they'd stick them against Sheeran as something a bit anti-pop rather than Radiohead, who i think are the most likely to have a bog standard dance act stuck up against them. fingers crossed though ey. still not sure whether to buy in to it at all but it'd be a great and pretty unexpected booking

43 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I love how festivals became so obsessed with signing bands to exclusivity deals and shouting about it (even when it wasn't true) as a ploy to sell tickets. In some situations it has the opposite effect! I'm so used to festivals shouting about exclusive deals that if they don't (and it's not someone i'm grade A desperate to see) then I always wait to see what else gets announced! Serves em  right for drawing so much attention to it :)

3 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

I love how festivals became so obsessed with signing bands to exclusivity deals and shouting about it (even when it wasn't true) as a ploy to sell tickets. In some situations it has the opposite effect! I'm so used to festivals shouting about exclusive deals that if they don't (and it's not someone i'm grade A desperate to see) then I always wait to see what else gets announced! Serves em  right for drawing so much attention to it :)

Tbh if Download really wanted to they could have announced them as an exclusive and used the whole 'at this time'.

45 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

if SOAD play i'd imagine they'd stick them against Sheeran as something a bit anti-pop rather than Radiohead, who i think are the most likely to have a bog standard dance act stuck up against them. fingers crossed though ey. still not sure whether to buy in to it at all but it'd be a great and pretty unexpected booking

Yeah I'm well aware that could happen and tbh Download know that if that the case the majority would probably choose Sheeran. It's  £86 based on two for a ticket, then add £20 parking which shouldn't be the same as weekend price, they know any random tour date after Download will fly in mins so they have you a bit.