Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say it looks brilliant for my tastes if it is real.

However, surely there are more than 3 main stage bands already announced on the radiohead day though? I would expect the Pretenders to be main stage for example. Friday isn't sold out though right, so maybe if it is massively undersold then this is the reponse to that?

1 hour ago, grumpykrogan said:

I still think Chainsmokers in Klub C makes more sense than KoL/AF in daylight. Especially if Chainsmoker and KoL are clashing.

According to these splits I guess Soulwax is closing after FF?

Well a dance closer as usual on Thursday would put AF if playing before in day light anyway.

I also think if Jazebel is correct then there is a shit load of up votes and apologies to be made.

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Well a dance closer as usual on Thursday would put AF if playing before in day light anyway.

I also think if Jazebel is correct then there is a shit load of up votes and apologies to be made.

Which is why I don't believe we will have a mainstage dance closer on Thu. Let's see what happens. 

http://www.radiox.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/news/radiohead-reportedly-mark-20-year-ok-computer-lp/#gHv6h07Bbb0gWWwX.97

Sounds like there is a good chance that Radiohead might play an OK Computer heavy set at Glastonbury. The link above was shared on Johnny's Facebook page. That would be badass if they did that at RW too. Not a huge fan of the last two albums. I saw them at Lollapalooza last year and they played Let Down which was great.

26 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Stage splits are fake. J Bernardt said himself in a radio interview that he'll be playing KluB C.

Hmm. Strange that they'd appear on the official website though, albeit momentarily. 

Unless it was just a template, waiting to be edited?

wonder if someone can help...

looking into indie campers and staying in the Mobilhomes bit...

from rock werchters site:

Mobilhomes 2
One parking ticket for the mobilhome and 2 campsite tickets for The Hive Mobilhomes. This package costs 134 euro*

but when you click through ticketmaster;

Mobilhomes Package for 2 persons: 27.00 EUR*

What am I missing here?
---

If we cant camp (my wife has a bad back), is mobil home or the luxury glamping things the only option? I see all hotels/air bnbs have gone now and the only remaining ones are miles away/would need us to drive to and from every day due to lack of late busses?

Thanks

26 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I hope they add somerhing good (big) to that saturday Barn lineup, because these acts all seem to be a little small?

I really want to have a decent alternative to avoid Linkin Park. I tried that band once (Pukkelpop 2015). Never. Again. 

If you want to avoid LP you need to look at the KluB C so Above & Beyond? On the other hand A&B might play at the Barn (like Die Antwoord) so smaller name will clash with the smaller crowd LP will bring (smaller then comparing to FF or Radiohead).  

above and beyond will certainly be in klub c and it looks like LP will close the day, not SOAD -  so whatever act will be added in the barn i will probably miss ( i would never drop soad). I like Linkin Park, but it looks like the new album will be a disappointment, so I'm not so sure I want to see them so bad now. Would rather have them against the Barn headliner and have a choice to make, because I'm not interested in Above and Beyond. Anyway, the only act I'm sure it will be announced is the Saturday Barn headliner, the other ones are debatable.

2 hours ago, thetechi said:

Hmm. Strange that they'd appear on the official website though, albeit momentarily. 

Unless it was just a template, waiting to be edited?

I think this could be the case, it was just a template that accidentally was put on their web page....

2 minutes ago, CJTM said:

RTJ just self-confirmed for Glastonbury 

makes them more/less likely? to play RW? they didn't announce it like Glastonbury in a fan email

I don't think it makes any difference at all to be honest. Glastonbury has over 2000 performances so I expect many Werchter performers will also be there.

If they'd self confirmed a festival reasonably close to RW, at a similar time it would make a difference but I'm not entirely sure this does other than it shows they'll be at other festivals, but we knew this already.

9 hours ago, ThePushover said:

Now it's sold out and my mates didn't get tickets I'm kinda stressing about being there alone. 

Same here.

If anybody is in the same case and is interested in meeting, let me know. It could be nice to gather a few members of the forum to stay together on the campsite.

1 minute ago, eratiti007 said:

Same here.

If anybody is in the same case and is interested in meeting, let me know. It could be nice to gather a few members of the forum to stay together on the campsite.

Check my post just above ^ :)