Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

6 hours ago, Apocalyptica said:

So you are suggesting to live in Ghent for 3 nights and to do daytrips in brussels and bruges tight? Ghent is beautiful in night too? Are there enough pubs open at night? 

I live in between Ghent and Bruges, so trust me on this one: Visit Bruges for one day and you'll had it with all the tourists there, but stay in Ghent: Much more lively, things to do (at night), more pubs and restaurants in the centre of town, from one square to the other by foot, shopping streets (for the misses?) in the centre, easier to reach Brussels or antwerp where, I suppose, the concert is taking place,...

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

And for 3-4 hours day trip from Leuven (maybe more,  depands on Saturday schedule..)  which one do you recommend? 

if you only have 3-4 hours (train included) I should stay in Leuven and enjoy the city centre. Or maybe a quick visit to Brussels.

57 minutes ago, micvet said:

if you only have 3-4 hours (train included) I should stay in Leuven and enjoy the city centre. Or maybe a quick visit to Brussels.

I guess I'll have at least 3-4 hours in addition to the train rides (I know its more than an hour ride each direction). Been to Brussels far too many times, having a night at Leuven every year and visited Bruges as well. I thought about Ghent but then your recap made me  think about changing my mind toward Antwerp. 

3 hours ago, DaveRSV4 said:

I live in between Ghent and Bruges, so trust me on this one: Visit Bruges for one day and you'll had it with all the tourists there, but stay in Ghent: Much more lively, things to do (at night), more pubs and restaurants in the centre of town, from one square to the other by foot, shopping streets (for the misses?) in the centre, easier to reach Brussels or antwerp where, I suppose, the concert is taking place,...

Thanks for the help. Just one more question. How do I travel to Brussels and bruges then? Public transport? Buses? Or hire a car? Tell me anything that is cheaper please! Would that be easy? Thanks you so much guys for all the help. 

On 15/03/2017 at 5:34 PM, deadpheasant said:

Is there a camp loner group chat? It'd be great to get one going if there isn't one already

Might be interested in this too. Might contribute if people are serious about it. Just gotta see what the gf is planning too

Hey guys. First time poster here. I found this forum a few weeks ago and have been checking it for info. You have all been really helpful so first of all, thanks! I'll be attending the festival with my girlfriend, we're coming over from Minnesota. It will be my first time in Europe so I'm pretty excited. We're visiting Italy then spending a night in Brussels before taking a train over and getting setup in the Hive on Wednesday night. I'd jump in on the loner group chat if that happens and if couples are welcome. We'll definitely be looking to meet some new friends and party. The question was asked the other day if it's allowed to bring booze into the campsite. The answer was that food and drink is allowed in the campsite and just food is allowed in the festival. Just to clarify, is it allowed to bring booze into the campsite, or just non-alcoholic liquids? Basically I need to know if we can just throw it in our luggage and bring it in, or if we need to be more sneaky and transfer it to water bottles or something like that. 

On to the festival, I'm not complaining at all but you can put me in the group that hasn't been super thrilled with the last few weeks of announcements. I'm not as into the pop-rock stuff (Imagine Dragons, Glass Animals, Alt-J, etc.) but the lineup is great for my girlfriend so that's fine. I'm excited about Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Foo Fighters, The Kills, Savages, Mark Lanegan, Cigarettes after Sex, Prophets of Rage, Bonobo, Soulwax and Dropkick Murphys. Out of the names for tomorrow's announcement that you guys have been rumoring, I'm hoping the most for Kasabian and Dinosaur Jr. Either or both would really excite me. I'm also definitely looking forward to discovering some new music.      

39 minutes ago, t-roe79 said:

The question was asked the other day if it's allowed to bring booze into the campsite. The answer was that food and drink is allowed in the campsite and just food is allowed in the festival. Just to clarify, is it allowed to bring booze into the campsite, or just non-alcoholic liquids? Basically I need to know if we can just throw it in our luggage and bring it in, or if we need to be more sneaky and transfer it to water bottles or something like that.

Welcome to the forum and awesome to see Americans cross the Atlantic to visit European festivals! As for your question, it's allowed to bring alcohol onto the campsite, just not in glass bottles. So make sure if you have liquor or wine, you transfer it into plastic bottles and bring cans of beer instead of glass bottles. You can find a lot of info on camping on RW's website as well:

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/camping

You'll have a blast, I'm sure!

Edited by visdave34

27 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Welcome to the forum and awesome to see Americans cross the Atlantic to visit European festivals! As for your question, it's allowed to bring alcohol onto the campsite, just not in glass bottles. So make sure if you have liquor or wine, you transfer it into plastic bottles and bring cans of beer instead of glass bottles. You can find a lot of info on camping on RW's website as well:

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/camping

You'll have a blast, I'm sure!

Thanks a lot for the info! Yeah I'm excited, RW has looked good the past few years and it sounds like lots of cool people gather for it.

On 15/03/2017 at 5:34 PM, deadpheasant said:

Is there a camp loner group chat? It'd be great to get one going if there isn't one already

22 hours ago, neacaisa said:

I'm also intersted in this.

22 hours ago, Candan said:

Count me on this, too.

21 hours ago, ThePushover said:

Me too

1 hour ago, t-roe79 said:

I'd jump in on the loner group chat if that happens and if couples are welcome. We'll definitely be looking to meet some new friends and party.  

Might make one tomorrow evening and link it in here. Not sure if I can fully commit to joining a loners camp yet, but I guess there's no harm in me making a thread :)

6 hours ago, e2p2 said:

I guess I'll have at least 3-4 hours in addition to the train rides (I know its more than an hour ride each direction). Been to Brussels far too many times, having a night at Leuven every year and visited Bruges as well. I thought about Ghent but then your recap made me  think about changing my mind toward Antwerp. 

Difficult one. Ghent is maybe more cosy and picturesque if you have only a few hours. But I love Antwerp.

4 hours ago, Apocalyptica said:

Thanks for the help. Just one more question. How do I travel to Brussels and bruges then? Public transport? Buses? Or hire a car? Tell me anything that is cheaper please! Would that be easy? Thanks you so much guys for all the help. 

By train will be the best way. No parking stress, no traffic, you can drink a good Belgian beer or two,...

54 minutes ago, micvet said:

Difficult one. Ghent is maybe more cosy and picturesque if you have only a few hours. But I love Antwerp.

Thanks! I'll do a little research and who knows,  maybe once the schedule is published, I'll find out that I have time to visit both. 

10 minutes ago, thetechi said:

Weird to think this time tomorrow it'll be the end of our predictions (however silly they have been).

I've been reading last year's thread... Very much hoping it'll be an announcement that gets a better reaction than last year.

Same here mate, Will likely be on here tomorrow giving my opinions.

However I will not hold back that I love the line up :D and can't wait to see the clash finder later down the line

I really hope come tomorrow afternoon people are happy, I think one marquee name would do it for me. 

Any of Kasabian, Prodigy, Fleet Foxes, Biffy would be the perfect end to the announcements for me. I wouldn't turn down a Circa Waves, Blossoms, Wolf Alice, DMA's or Frank Turner either :D

Regardless I'm excited to get a full poster tomorrow and we all know exactly what we're dealing with! Then we just have to worry about the potential clashes! 

On that note, does anyone know from past years how long we're left waiting for set times... or at the very least who's on which stage?

3 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

On that note, does anyone know from past years how long we're left waiting for set times... or at the very least who's on which stage?

Last year the last announcement came on March 11th and the stage splits and time table on April 1st......

6 hours ago, ThePushover said:

Kasabian are on XFM/Radio X tomorrow morning. *fingers crossed*

new single, might help their chances a little 

Someone in the glasto forums said the bloody beetroots are playing london in late June.  Might be a late possibility for the announcement tomorrow?

Edited by Muppetmark