Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, marinerbk said:

I know Biffy are now unlikely but what are the chances %wise for Wolf Alice and Slaves in this last announcement? They're the three I'd really like to see.

I wouldn't completely rule out Biffy. Theres still a big Belgium shaped hole in their tour schedule

13 hours ago, Mar2190 said:

WEEZER WOULD BE THE BEST. May just be a song though?

I think it must be shows as surely they wouldn't release a song for just the US one day, then everywhere else the next.

The big question is are they their own shows or festivals, and if festivals which ones?

Aye I'm still blindly holding on hope for Biffy. Because that Saturday mainstage is too perfect a space for them. 

Frank Carter - Jimmy Eat World - Seasick Steve - Biffy Clyro - Blink - SOAD - Linkin Park

They can play France on the Friday, Belgium Sat then Switzerland Sunday. 

3 minutes ago, Mar2190 said:

Aye I'm still blindly holding on hope for Biffy. Because that Saturday mainstage is too perfect a space for them. 

Frank Carter - Jimmy Eat World - Seasick Steve - Biffy Clyro - Blink - SOAD - Linkin Park

They can play France on the Friday, Belgium Sat then Switzerland Sunday. 

All fingers and toes and limbs are crossed. 

8 minutes ago, thetechi said:

Hahaha I love your predictions (and their success rate ;) )

Don't forget Kiss playing in The Barn... they're on tour at the moment. http://www.kissonline.com/tour

Hahaha.....bring on KISS, they'd be perfect against Radiohead:P 

But in all seriousness, it's more of a wishful thinking, I'd be more then happy with only Weezer or Biffy :)

6 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Halsey, Travis Scott and Gogol Bordello are not far away...

bravalla.jpg

Every day they have an act in the larger font thats at RW so I can see more crossovers possible.

Does this officially rule The Killers out? I thought there was only one date left they could play.

10 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Every day they have an act in the larger font thats at RW so I can see more crossovers possible.

Does this officially rule The Killers out? I thought there was only one date left they could play.

No, this is the Sweden date I referred to. 

I mean, they technically have the Friday and Sunday free as far as I can see. But as I said ^^ Friday will almost certainly be reserved for travel and to get them from Sweden on Saturday to Belgium on the Sunday would be no mean feat.

13 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Nope, they're still available on Sunday, the situation has not changed since they'been announced at Bravalla a consequent time ago

2 minutes ago, thetechi said:

No, this is the Sweden date I referred to. 

I mean, they technically have the Friday and Sunday free as far as I can see. But as I said ^^ Friday will almost certainly be reserved for travel and to get them from Sweden on Saturday to Belgium on the Sunday would be no mean feat.

Come on Killers are young, they can easily be in Sweden on Saturday and in Belgium on Sunday evening ! 

2 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

That Bravalla lineup is terrible, wow. It's like they combined the worst RW acts (Chainsmokers, LP, Passenger, Rae Sremmurd) with even worse stuff (Halsey, Alesso, Scooter, Gavin James). 

Scooter would be ace:ph34r:

Can't see many big acts left to be announced for this now tbh. Here's how I think the stages will end up without any additions.

Thurs
Main: Kings of Leon/Arcade Fire/Imagine Dragons/Prophets of Rage/Mark Lanegan Band/Het Zesde Metaal
Klub C: The Chainsmokers/Xavier Rudd/Tout va Bien/Warhola/Whitney
Barn: Lorde/Agnes Obel/Mura Masa/Savages/Cigarettes After Sex/Declan McKenna

Fri
Main: Oscar & The Wolf/Radiohead/James Blake/Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats/White Lies/Vuurwerk
Klub C: Bazart/Birdy/Dua Lipa/Jain/Warhaus/Maggie Rogers
Barn: Royal Blood/Future Islands/Kaleo/Tamino

Sat
Main: Linkin Park/System of a Down/Blink-182/Jimmy Eat World/Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes/Machine Gun Kelly
Klub C: Above & Beyond/Bonobo (live)/Crystal Fighters/Charli XCX/Glass Animals
Barn: Kodaline/Passenger/Seasick Steve/Blues Pills/J. Bernardt/Sohn

Sun
Main: Foo Fighters/Alt-J/Dropkick Murphys/The Kills/Rag 'N' Bone Man/Cage The Elephant
Klub C: Soulwax/G-Eazy/Rae Sremmurd/Fatima Yamaha
Barn: The Lumineers/Tourist LeMC/Benjamin Clementine/Nothing But Thieves

I'm worried about Saturday. I'd like to see LP, SoAD and Blink, but I don't think they all will be on the Main Stage, that would just cause overcrowding, so they might have to send one of them to other stage, but hopefully I'm wrong and they're on the same stage so I don't have to move much.

5 minutes ago, kevagain said:

I'm worried about Saturday. I'd like to see LP, SoAD and Blink, but I don't think they all will be on the Main Stage, that would just cause overcrowding, so they might have to send one of them to other stage, but hopefully I'm wrong and they're on the same stage so I don't have to move much.

No worries. Blink>SOAD>LP is the only thing we know for sure to happen.  Its the other days which make us go :huh:

Edited by e2p2

15 minutes ago, foolee said:

Can't see many big acts left to be announced for this now tbh. Here's how I think the stages will end up without any additions.

Sat
Main: Linkin Park/System of a Down/Blink-182/Jimmy Eat World/Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes/Machine Gun Kelly
Klub C: Above & Beyond/Bonobo (live)/Crystal Fighters/Charli XCX/Glass Animals
Barn: Kodaline/Passenger/Seasick Steve/Blues Pills/J. Bernardt/Sohn

Hmm, yes, it's this I'm worried about.

SOAD and Passenger are two of my "absolutely must see" acts. I am preparing myself for the Saturday clashes!

1 hour ago, McCallion said:

My (highly unlikely) wishlist for the final 11 - Biffy Clyro, The Prodigy, Enter Shikari, Marmozets, Gogol Bordello, Cabbage, Slaves, Hives, Royal Republic, Blossoms, De Staat

The same. However Enter Shikari is ruled out and put Kasabian instead of Biffy Clyro and it will be perfect. But if they add only The Hives I'll be very happy :).

2 hours ago, McCallion said:

My (highly unlikely) wishlist for the final 11 - Biffy Clyro, The Prodigy, Enter Shikari, Marmozets, Gogol Bordello, Cabbage, Slaves, Hives, Royal Republic, Blossoms, De Staat

Cabbage and Blossoms are unlikely knowing their calendar (and Shikari ruled out) but Biffy Clyro, Gogol Bordello and The Prodigy are pretty likely, and Slaves, The Hives and De Staat have a real chance! I'd be optimistic if I were you :) (I know you are!)