EAST AND WEST CAMPER CREW

Swine_Glasto2014

Just been told by a person responsible for the car parks that the mistake this morning messed things up a bit and they are having to lay tracks to avoid a big mess. That's what the delay is in letting folks in. It might be before 18:00 if they can get the track road down quick enough.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, yehbutnobut said:

Just walked up to the garage to get a few bevvies... Those facing the wrong way on the main road, it is going to be absolutely calamitous when the gates open!

When you say "facing the wrong way" is that turning left into Pylle Road or right? I'm assuming that the correct way to face is to turn left into the site?

24 minutes ago, whisty said:

Just been told by a person responsible for the car parks that the mistake this morning messed things up a bit and they are having to lay tracks to avoid a big mess. That's what the delay is in letting folks in. It might be before 18:00 if they can get the track road down quick enough.

Not sure about that.  Everyone drove on tracks to E20 and 21 this morning.  From what I've seen all the marshalls etc are just sitting around bored.  

4 minutes ago, Mossy1970 said:

When you say "facing the wrong way" is that turning left into Pylle Road or right? I'm assuming that the correct way to face is to turn left into the site?

In both directions... On approaching the turnoff this morning.. You were waved on so those approaching from both directions continued Along the a37 and are now facing the wrong direction, past the entrance that we all need to go in.. So lots of peeps are going to need to 3-point turn it to face the correct way.. Impossible really since the traffic on this road is quite fast! The safest option for all in lay-bys would be to carry on to next roundabout (wherever that may be!?) to come back on yourself... Which means travelling further away from the camper access road before being able to travel to it. Does that make sense?! 

On another note, my kids haven't killed each other yet.. Several games of roadside Uno have maintained sanity thus far.... 

2 minutes ago, TheHariboQueen said:

In both directions... On approaching the turnoff this morning.. You were waved on so those approaching from both directions continued Along the a37 and are now facing the wrong direction, past the entrance that we all need to go in.. So lots of peeps are going to need to 3-point turn it to face the correct way.. Impossible really since the traffic on this road is quite fast! The safest option for all in lay-bys would be to carry on to next roundabout (wherever that may be!?) to come back on yourself... Which means travelling further away from the camper access road before being able to travel to it. Does that make sense?! 

On another note, my kids haven't killed each other yet.. Several games of roadside Uno have maintained sanity thus far.... 

Makes perfect sense - thanks and good luck with the kids!

4 minutes ago, TheHariboQueen said:

... The safest option for all in lay-bys would be to carry on to next roundabout (wherever that may be!?) to come back on yourself... Which means travelling further away from the camper access road before being able to travel to it. Does that make sense?! 

This. So much. 

12 minutes ago, 504329lt said:

Not sure about that.  Everyone drove on tracks to E20 and 21 this morning.  From what I've seen all the marshalls etc are just sitting around bored.  

Is there anyway you can let me know as soon as anymore campers get let in please! I'm sitting about 300 yards away waiting. I think she said they hadn't had a chance to lay the tracks before you guys were let in. Could pm me and I'll give you a phone number.

i am sitting at my desk reading this thread in the office. Well fed up that I am not down there with you guys (arrive thursday). Glastonbury Festival rarely happens without a degree of drama. But you lucky folk will be in and pitched up in a few hours. 

Please keep this thread going throughout the afternoon/evening would love to hear if it is carnage later or if it all goes smoothly

Are there any west site campers waiting? We're not too far away now in Walton and it's pretty quiet on the roads... Lots of spare parking... wondering if it's worth pulling up here for a while if it looks like they're sticking to the 6pm timings?