Is it me or are less people here gutted & ticketless?

Cooter

I did. Only just though. We didn't get a sniff from our PC, but my sister, who doesn't usually have any luck got through.

How about you?

Nice one. Yep I did too, with about 5 mins to spare.

It was a horrible experience and I feel for the poor sods who didnt make it. I'll be trying for whoever needs help next april!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My experience: I was grouped with friends of friends who’ve done it long enough to know that being organised and co-ordinated can help. Despite doing all that boring prep only 5 people out of the 70 that were trying got through so lots of disappointed people. Plenty of people who didn’t even get the holding page up.

There's normally a thread here and the wonderful Siblin usually can set up notifications. Don't know the ins and outs but you need to keep an eye here after the official resale if you still need a ticket. 

Siblin himself didn't get a ticket this year :-( - definitely a worthy recipient of lots of Board help come April!  I still have his notification system set up on my phone - I get random Glasto notifications all year, but when you need it to work, it really, really works - saved my Glasto bacon two years ago by notifying me of the secret resale!  I was in a meeting at work and I literally stood straight up and excused myself instantly with no explanation and got on my phone - my co-meeting peeps probably thought I was about to faint or something!

Edited by pouxin

Siblin himself didn't get a ticket this year :-( - definitely a worthy recipient of lots of Board help come April! I still have his notification system set up on my phone - I get random Glasto notifications all year, but when you need it to work, it really, really works - saved my Glasto bacon two years ago by notifying me of the secret resale! I was in a meeting at work and I literally stood straight up and excused myself instantly with no explanation and got on my phone - my co-meeting peeps probably thought I was about to faint or something!

Sounds like me in May this year... First time I've needed the secret sales and he didn't disappoint.

There must be someway to organise all those in need with helpers?

This time of year this forum seems to be full of devastated people moaning and complaining (and rightly so) but it took slightly longer to sell out this year....maybe Glastonbury isn't on so many non-festie-types bucket list anymore? Wouldn't be a bad thing, at least for a few years.

Big respect to the few forum members that haven't been lucky today (I've been there so I know how it feels) but I reckon you've got a very good to excellent chance of bagging it in the resales.

I'm certainly devastated, so much so I have not been on here until today. Resale it is for us!! 

Another one who didn't get tickets. That's the third time in the last 4 years that I've failed in the main sales, although so far I've always got lucky in one of the resales. I'm really not confident this time that my luck is going to hold up.

Maybe it's just because I wasn't successful, but it seemed to me that there were far more regulars who didn't get a ticket this time round, or perhaps it is because there are some high profile members who failed.

Anyway, we'll see how things pan out in April. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Oh no I can't believe Siblin didn't get lucky, even more gutted now :(

Aww thanks for the kind words.  I haven't given up hope for April yet, though I've been away from the boards for a while because of the pain of missing out on tickets ;)