Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm pretty sure Foo Fighters will still be touring Sonic Highways next year. They won't tour it for just one year so they'll be back, whether Copping thinks so or not, he's probably just bitter he couldn't and can never sign them for Download.

Foos are coming back to Europe this november for 10 more shows. As far as Download is concerned, it will take place the same weekend as PinkPop where Foos supposed to be headlining. 

The thing is: a Festileaks moderator posted a few days ago that they have a source claiming that Foo Fighters won't make up the Pinkpop/Werchter cancellations. They decided not to make a story out of it after making a fool of theirselves last year. But now that Copping is shouting similar stuff, I'm doubting whether it's bitterness or truth. Especially since the very original 'FF will return' source (Pinkpop organiser) is known for speaking before his turn.

Edited by Dietediet

I just can't see what he is saying being true. The fact they won't be in Europe for a second year running would not be like Foo's at all, they're always playing live and after releasing an album I can't see them not doing another run of dates next year. I'm still going with Foo Fighters - Editors - Rammstein - Coldplay

The thing is: a Festileaks moderator posted a few days ago that they have a source claiming that Foo Fighters won't make up the Pinkpop/Werchter cancellations. They decided not to make a story out of it after making a fool of theirselves last year. But now that Copping is shouting similar stuff, I'm doubting whether it's bitterness or truth. Especially since the very original 'FF will return' source (Pinkpop organiser) is known for speaking before his turn.

Festileaks isn't always correct and Copping is a bit of a bull shit anyway. Just pisses they've probably for a 2nd year turned his 'paying' fest down for a non paying fest. 

A Dutch newspaper asked the Pinkpop organiser about the Rammstein rumours, and he implicitely confirmed them, but he says that the band members want to announce the tour dates themselves. I guess a full tour list is coming this week then, with the Download rumours? Either that, or the Iron Maiden approach. 

Edited by Dietediet

After analyzing Andy Copping tweets,  I think that there is a big misunderstanding. Copping says indeed that the Foos are not available for Download. He also says that they are not touring. Someone says "I'm pretty sure they'll play at glaston". Andy answers "How certain? Would you take a bet?"

So.  He didn't mean anywhere that the Foos won't play any gig next summer in Europe.  He says that they won't be touring. Which festivals did the Foos cancel at the last minute ? Pinkpop,  Werchter,  Glaston. Can we consider that 3 dates are a tour ??

That's why I asked a clearer question on twitter to Andy : "Do we have to understand that the Foos won't play any gig in Europe next summer?"

He didn't answer. That's why I think that we can still hope that the Foo Fighters will play at Rock Werchter,  and at Pinkpop and at Glastonbury, wait for official announcements. 

One problem though: there's 2 weeks between Pinkpop and Glastonbury, another week between Glasto and Werchter. Unless Pinkpop and Werchter are bringing up a higher fee, this would turn out quite expensive for FF, and that after having lost a lot of money on the previous cancellations. So if they are coming back next Summer, they are bound to do more dates than just the cancelled ones. 

After analyzing Andy Copping tweets,  I think that there is a big misunderstanding. Copping says indeed that the Foos are not available for Download. He also says that they are not touring. Someone says "I'm pretty sure they'll play at glaston". Andy answers "How certain? Would you take a bet?"

So.  He didn't mean anywhere that the Foos won't play any gig next summer in Europe.  He says that they won't be touring. Which festivals did the Foos cancel at the last minute ? Pinkpop,  Werchter,  Glaston. Can we consider that 3 dates are a tour ??

That's why I asked a clearer question on twitter to Andy : "Do we have to understand that the Foos won't play any gig in Europe next summer?"

He didn't answer. That's why I think that we can still hope that the Foo Fighters will play at Rock Werchter,  and at Pinkpop and at Glastonbury, wait for official announcements. 

Andy has since commented to a tweet to say he didn't mean the Foo's as in not touring, he was on about Iron Maiden. He's a bit silly sometimes the old man, they got announced as a UK only so that was obvious. 

Tomorrow first Hurricane/Southside names, for whom Rammstein is rumoured. Tomorrow morning last Download headliner, for whom Rammstein is rumoured. Pinkpop organisor basically confirming Rammstein today, but saying that an official confirmation is in the hands of the band. Tour announcement tomorrow? 

Even if it's not Rammstein, still interesting for RW. They tend to share quite some names. 

Edited by Dietediet

Pinkpop confirms that Foo Fighters aren't making up their cancelled dates. They're returning in 2017 for a festival tour with new material...

Also, he confirms Rammstein will play Pinkpop, but can't be announced officially yet.

Oh no really? That's a nightmare for me if true because I'm really hoping they will play next year. Seems weird he said 2017 as that's so soon to have new material on the way... Not sure what that means for the headliners.

Never seen Rammstein or know much about them. Could anyone direct me where to start with them please?

We can also count on Two Doors Cinema Club that plays Hurricane and Southside the weekend before Werchter.

As well as Two Door I'd imagine we'll be getting The Hives, Editors and possibly Dropkick Murphy's out of those announced for Hurricane/Southside today.

Never seen Rammstein or know much about them. Could anyone direct me where to start with them please?  

https://youtu.be/FZryTEMFrM4

this was the first song i ever heard from them (back when it was constantly being shown on Kerrang! tv) and as you can see, it's an absolute giant live. if you're going to listen to an album, then yeah Mutter is probably your best bet. the first half of that album is just fantastic

edit: hmm how do you show videos now?

Edited by FloorFiller

bizarrely doesn't have Feuer Frei! on it though which is essential Rammstein

Rammstein pretty much starts and ends there to be honest for me although I think Adios has some great riffs. Bit of a nothing band for me and I wouldn't even know about Feuer Frei! if it wasn't for xXx or tbf Kerrang every other song.