2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Youuucancome said:

Any chance of gorrilaz for R+L?

Welcome to eFestivals! There no chance of Gorrilaz at R&L, they aren't doing any UK festivals this year and R&L headliners are Muse, Kasabian and Eminem. I do expect some UK shows at some point this year though.

28th January 2016 we had our 2nd headliner, Jack U, Imagine Dragons, TDCC, Fetty Wapp, Crystal Castles, Parkway Drive, The Internet, Nothing But Thieves, Oliver Heldens and Hannah Wants added to the line up.

They change their format away from Monday announcements last year and announced the 2nd headliner on a Thursday. If they stick with that I can see 26th Jan or 2nd Feb for our next set of acts. Anyone have any insight on this?

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Welcome to eFestivals! There no chance of Gorrilaz at R&L, they aren't doing any UK festivals this year and R&L headliners are Muse, Kasabian and Eminem. I do expect some UK shows at some point this year though.

how do we know these are the headliners? (apart from Muse)

1 hour ago, AndrewSmith said:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/reading/2017/lineup.shtml

The eFestivals admin / guys that run the site have info from one of their sources that they believe to be highly reliable.

would make sense he is rumoured to drop his new album end of the month he could be the second headliner they announce if they are making one around the 2nd Feb.

9 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Major Lazer could just be doing a DJ set at Creamfields. They are billed as a UK exclusive on the posters.

Yea you've probably cracked it there. They're doing DJ sets aplenty around Europe and that would make sense for the exclusivity label and the logistics of playing at Creamfields in between days.

7 hours ago, AndrewSmith said:

28th January 2016 we had our 2nd headliner, Jack U, Imagine Dragons, TDCC, Fetty Wapp, Crystal Castles, Parkway Drive, The Internet, Nothing But Thieves, Oliver Heldens and Hannah Wants added to the line up.

They change their format away from Monday announcements last year and announced the 2nd headliner on a Thursday. If they stick with that I can see 26th Jan or 2nd Feb for our next set of acts. Anyone have any insight on this?

Keep eyes peeled on social media as that's when you'll know for certain, unless Frank Carter leaks a poster prematurely like last year. 

22 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

What are the chances of Skepta playing? He looked incredible at ally pally, could he potentially headline NME?

It's hard to gauge at this point since he's only confirmed two summer festival appearances, but it'd be a pretty safe booking for R&L to make. NME headliner would definitely be the best spot for him, he'd draw a huge crowd too. 

Skepta could and should sub the Main Stage no problem. He would pull a ridiculous crowd. 

Also I agree with the YMAS comment. NME headliner or third down main, I think. The album is absolutely god awful. The most boring album I've heard in a long, long time. There are no redeeming features. It's just so bland. 

Edited by Andre91

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Also I agree with the YMAS comment. NME headliner or third down main, I think. 

Aye but what I'm saying is they should be thankful to get that, as they played third at their peak and NME headline isn't that far removed from that slot. The record they just put out has had the worst first week since their debut and might be set to fall out of the top 40 on its second week. Pretty rough.

It's not really relative to anything - I only checked it out as a final 'told you so' to those who predicted they'd headline :P - but I'm just surprised at how much they've bombed.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Aye but what I'm saying is they should be thankful to get that, as they played third at their peak and NME headline isn't that far removed from that slot. The record they just put out has had the worst first week since their debut and might be set to fall out of the top 40 on its second week. Pretty rough.

It's not really relative to anything - I only checked it out as a final 'told you so' to those who predicted they'd headline :P - but I'm just surprised at how much they've bombed.

Yeah I totally misjudged that one :P I'm guessing this supposed new darker sound they decided to take didn't gel well with the fans. Probably still a fair shout to headline NME though

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I totally misjudged that one :P I'm guessing this supposed new darker sound they decided to take didn't gel well with the fans. Probably still a fair shout to headline NME though

If by darker you mean by numbers, ploddy, turgid rubbish then they've nailed it :P 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Skepta could and should sub the Main Stage no problem. He would pull a ridiculous crowd. 

Also I agree with the YMAS comment. NME headliner or third down main, I think. The album is absolutely god awful. The most boring album I've heard in a long, long time. There are no redeeming features. It's just so bland. 

Skepta subbing main would be a bit of a push surely? BBK collectively were third from top and Skeptas released nothing since, I think he would fit nicely below Eminem and Major Lazer.

Could definitely see Skepta > Major Lazer > Eminem.

9 hours ago, Little Sparrow said:

Skepta subbing main would be a bit of a push surely? BBK collectively were third from top and Skeptas released nothing since, I think he would fit nicely below Eminem and Major Lazer.

Could definitely see Skepta > Major Lazer > Eminem.

Skepta might be a bigger draw than Boy Better Know's name on a poster nowadays, tho he'd essentially be joined by the same peeps throughout the set. Sub would be a push, sure, but I think it'd be a well received one with a huge crowd. I think it'd be between sub or comfortable NME headline.

I was really surprised by how poor the YMAS album was. Felt they put on a really good show in their secret set and the next step up from them after their joint headline tour with All Time Low was surely a high main stage spot at some big festivals. For me the album has undone a lot of the hard work they've put in over the last 3-4 years since Cavalier Youth. They really pushed this album on social media and I ended up unfollowing a lot of the band because it was flooding my timelines/feeds. Only reason I still follow Josh is because of his campaign against touts.

They also announced at their Dingwalls gig for Dr Martens that they'd be doing some extra shows for Take Off Your Colours (which I'm sure they've already done before).

Can't see them getting any higher than an NME headline and if they do, it's relying on their previous records.

Skepta - not my thing so won't comment

Edited by AndrewSmith

Hi everyone, i'm new to the site, i'm from italy. This will be my first year at Reading (I bought a weekend ticket). I don't know if it's the right place to submit: which organizational things should i know about festival ? What do you recommend as accomodation? I think tent is not feasible in my position.

7 minutes ago, scimpio said:

Hi everyone, i'm new to the site, i'm from italy. This will be my first year at Reading (I bought a weekend ticket). I don't know if it's the right place to submit: which organizational things should i know about festival ? What do you recommend as accomodation? I think tent is not feasible in my position.

Hey Scimpio,

Welcome! There are many options aside from bringing your own tent to Reading festival. See here: http://www.readingfestival.com/information/camping

You could also book something in the city which is only a 30 minute walk to the festival entrance so offers another option in addition to camping, luxury camping or campervans.

Reading University offered their student accommodation to the public for Reading Festival goers last summer and may do the same in 2017 https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/accommodation/stay.aspx

Things worth noting include:

- No alcohol can be taken in to the arena from outside (only alcohol purchased within the main arena may be consumed - you'll also need valid ID for this such as your passport) Beers/Ciders are around £5 and soft drinks are £3.
- You can take empty bottles in to the arena to fill with drinking water
- As a weekend ticket holder you can enter / exit the arena and campsites as often as you like.
- There are cash points (with a charge rate), merchandise, food, drink and other shops within the arena.
- Pre-bookable lockers are available if you don't wish to carry your belongings around with you.
- Drugs / legal highs are banned from the entire festival.
- If you plan to drive to the festival, car parking is best pre-booked.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to know?

5 minutes ago, nxckdxxp said:

Chances of: Neck Deep, Creeper, New Found Glory, Enter Shikari, Gojira, Northlane, Bury Tomorrow, STYG, ADTR, QOTSA?? Or any ideas on Pit headliners... 

Neck Deep, Creeper and BT I'd say are quite likely. No chance on QOTSA, and ADTR are heavily linked with Download due to other European dates