T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

Not yet nah. I think someone who claimed RHCP are headlining also said its Calvin on the Saturday and LCD Soundsystem on R1 (might be getting slightly mixed u with all of the posts now. For some reason RHCP then went down as a SR without explanation, so I don't know if one of these people provided efestivals with some evidence, or if efests done a bit of digging and found that was right. Might be from a different source though since Calvin and LCD aren't on the rumours page. I expected Calvin to be there anyway, they were hardly gonna get a decent electronic act to close on the Saturday.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

to be fair, its the Chilis.... so the performance would be disappointing no matter of the size of the crowd. :P

Saw them at SECC when they made their comeback and indoors it was excellent.  Saw them later that year at Glasgow Green and they were dull as hell.  The less said about their last performance at T the better.  Thankfully I left after about 4 songs and watched Charlatans deliver the goods in the tent that night 

4 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Saw them at SECC when they made their comeback and indoors it was excellent.  Saw them later that year at Glasgow Green and they were dull as hell.  The less said about their last performance at T the better.  Thankfully I left after about 4 songs and watched Charlatans deliver the goods in the tent that night 

Last time I saw them it was very good, the 1st time not so good.

The wee GIF accompanying the tweet had some sort of beaver creature come and gnaw at the T logo, causing the logo to fall over. That to me suggests some new oversight concerning the site's natural residents which might hamper the festival again.

Ospreys move over. The age of the beaver has come.

apologies if this sounds stupid, but do we even have beavers in Scotland? My first thought is that we don't but there's probably some plan to introduce them.

Beavers have been reintroduced in some areas in a specially controlled experiment. They weren't by Strathallan or the festival would never have been allowed. I wouldn't put it past some of the local residents to accidentally find some escapees that had set up a dam near the site in a freak set of circumstances. :)

I see LCD and Major Lazer have been announced for Lovebox Festival the week after T but in the Press release are noted as London exclusives which suggests they are due to play elsewhere in the UK. 

On a side note, we all laughed at LCD Soundsytem being included in the 2nd fans survey but here we are trying to decide when, maybe and if they will play! 

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

poor T, it's got so much against it at the moment

cancel it for a year - rebrand it

thats what i'd suggest

Just move to a decient site,Stirling was mentioned when they were moving from balado.

Would be perfect there 

On 1/25/2016 at 8:18 PM, TheHiddenPassenger said:

Underworld could be a shout for King Tuts headliner or possible Slam headliner, they seem to be getting announced for a lot of European festivals this year. Chemical Brothers just announced as SW4 headliners too so I'd be very disappointed in T if they missed out on the Chems 2 years on the trot as they won't be around for much longer.. if LCD and New Order get announced as well as those 2 then it could be a very decent year for good electronic acts. Not gonna get my hopes up though.

Chemical Brothers announced for 7th July at NOS Alive. New Order are at Bilbao BBK that weekend but not sure which day yet but would have to be 7th or 8th if they are doing Castlefield on the 9th.