NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

42 minutes ago, slodge said:

Great to see you back CG.  

Well that was a busy day, managed to get all the windows painted and repaired, which has hopefully saved us lots of ££

i was nice to have a dry day, we even saw the sun this morning, glad it's not been extinguished by all the r@1n.

looking at all the pictures of Christmas decs and trees has made me add another thing to the list of jobs "find decs which are somewhere buried in the depths of the garage".

HMV your tree looks fab :) 

I thought you have a twinkley tree outside? or am I imagining it?

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

Almost pub time :)

Got another couple of no's in our attempt to buy the house

And today my mam would of been 53....i miss her still

Hope you're ok thurlow.  There's no rule that says you're supposed to stop missing loved ones you've lost.  Sending you hugs.

Hello bah humbuggers and tree lovers alike.  Life improved here even though youngest's situation largely unchanged.  He's made up that his favourite teacher is prepared to go way beyond the call of duty to try to help him, we got an apology for his report which predicted he'd fail GCSEs, and school is now sharing my exasperation with local authority so I feel as if they understand. CAMHS assessment tomorrow, upon which all depends as that should finally get some help for home learning. Herbal medication (not that sort!) is lifting my mood too.  PTA Christmas Ball this saturday.  I will try not to get too rat-arsed.  But I won't try very hard. 

4 minutes ago, mattyc1965 said:

Morning Mr G

Today started by seeing your FB post!! Mango!

Yup, Mango was our name for gumby jr during most of the pregnancy. We read a book that described the size of a developing baby related to various fruits etc. (grape, walnut, tangerine and so on). When he got to the size of a mango, the name stuck. We still call him that sometimes, even now!

31 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Yup, Mango was our name for gumby jr during most of the pregnancy. We read a book that described the size of a developing baby related to various fruits etc. (grape, walnut, tangerine and so on). When he got to the size of a mango, the name stuck. We still call him that sometimes, even now!

We took so long to think of a name for child #2 that he was Plchard for a while (his brother liked Bob the Builder).

Christmas is still months away, surely?

5 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

We took so long to think of a name for child #2 that he was Plchard for a while (his brother liked Bob the Builder).

Christmas is still months away, surely?

It's a while, I admit, but we've got 2 birthdays just before it, so I'm trying to be organised! 

Big sigh.

I really thought we were getting somewhere with Mum....... but in the last 7 days she has called 999 twice.

Today she woke up and phoned my brother as she was cold and said the heating was not working. My brother goes round and it is working but as it has reached 23 degrees has, as it should, turn off... she didn't try to turn it up.

My brother turned it up and reminded her how, Mum turned it up further...... one hour later Mum calls my brother and leaves  a message on his mobile as she is ill, burning up, sweating. She also called several others until someone got a message to my brother who was at home (she didn't try that number).

He went round to see what was happening, thermostat was set to 30 degrees but Mum was not there..... she was in hospital due to being too hot!

We await the hospital referring her for the 3rd time to social services who then come round to check and Mum is fine and passes every test they set her!!!!!

Love her but would pull hair out if I had any.

7 minutes ago, mattyc1965 said:

Big sigh.

I really thought we were getting somewhere with Mum....... but in the last 7 days she has called 999 twice.

Today she woke up and phoned my brother as she was cold and said the heating was not working. My brother goes round and it is working but as it has reached 23 degrees has, as it should, turn off... she didn't try to turn it up.

My brother turned it up and reminded her how, Mum turned it up further...... one hour later Mum calls my brother and leaves  a message on his mobile as she is ill, burning up, sweating. She also called several others until someone got a message to my brother who was at home (she didn't try that number).

He went round to see what was happening, thermostat was set to 30 degrees but Mum was not there..... she was in hospital due to being too hot!

We await the hospital referring her for the 3rd time to social services who then come round to check and Mum is fine and passes every test they set her!!!!!

Love her but would pull hair out if I had any.

Its a difficult situation to deal with mr c

Hope you can get it resolved sooner rather than later