Good places to take the kids

Dora

The whole site is so colourful and interesting they will be amazed all day long. My kids love sitting in the theatre field watching and interacting with the walk abouts.

There is also a free peace kids field which has a great boat to climb on. They also do activities and I can recommend the sock wrestling!!

Then you can fill at least an hour trying to find the stone dragon (but go in the day time).

Hope that helps?

Naughty corner during the day is fabulous for kids. Still an assualt on the senses. if you can skip a headliner and do the naughty corner with with kids early /late evening thats good too. I havent brought the kids for the last 3 or four glastonburys, but they are coming with us again this year (they're 9 & 11 now). They still talk about the SE corner / Arcadia and Block 9.

Will see how it goes, I may take them to aracdia and/or block 9 in full flow at night this year :crazy: #badparenting

other than that, the green/craft fields are awesome, and theatre fields are great too. Don't Miss Jonathan Kay and his Fool show #goodparenting

Edited by funkyuk

Naughty corner during the day is fabulous for kids. Still an assualt on the senses. if you can skip a headliner and do the naughty corner with with kids early /late evening thats good too. I havent brought the kids for the last 3 or four glastonburys, but they are coming with us again this year (they're 9 & 11 now). They still talk about the SE corner / Arcadia and Block 9.

Will see how it goes, I may take them to aracdia and/or block 9 in full flow at night this year :crazy: #badparenting

other than that, the green/craft fields are awesome, and theatre fields are great too. Don't Miss Jonathan Kay and his Fool show #goodparenting

We have toyed with this idea and came to the conclusion that we will take them one evening just before it gets really busy as there is so much to look at that you can distract their attention away from the naughty stuff with something else quite quickly. The eldest is quite in to his dance music despite only being 11 so he may like some of the tents there.

Yeah, go and make something in the Greencrafts bit. Not just for kids either!

For more info: http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-green-fields/the-greencrafts-village/

Definitely looking forward to doing some of that myself

We have toyed with this idea and came to the conclusion that we will take them one evening just before it gets really busy as there is so much to look at that you can distract their attention away from the naughty stuff with something else quite quickly. The eldest is quite in to his dance music despite only being 11 so he may like some of the tents there.

Definitely looking forward to doing some of that myself

I danced with some kids who were at Block 9 Genosys between about 9 and 11pm one night. They were having a blast.

Wander through the tipi field then up the ribbon tower at the park.

The fireworks and wicker man burning on the Weds night.

Also, try fancy dress as a family, it really makes the kids feel part of the festival as people will hi-5 them, clap, and cheer or just tell them how awesome they look.

How about anything for 13-14 year olds?

Greenpeace field- skateboarding ; craft fields making stuff, Avalon - circus skills, cinema, circus/theatre, silent disco in Park, and of course watching bands. SE corner in day or early evening, Arcadia. Give them tasks to go and find or see stuff and let them wander on their own once they are orientated to the tent etc.

Greenpeace field- skateboarding ; craft fields making stuff, Avalon - circus skills, cinema, circus/theatre, silent disco in Park, and of course watching bands. SE corner in day or early evening, Arcadia. Give them tasks to go and find or see stuff and let them wander on their own once they are orientated to the tent etc.

That's brilliant mate cheers, we're in the campervan field so that shouldn't be a problem. We usually go to smaller festivals so they're really excited for all the range of different stuff at Glastonbury. Just need to try and keep them calm for two more months!!