Can you have too many people trying for you

Guest Funkyfairy!

Just reading this

http://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/2015FAQ.pdf

and under tips for buying tickets it says :

7. If an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, your number will be
held for up to 10 minutes whilst the transaction is attempted, but will be released if the
transaction fails, to give you the chance to try again
So if multiple people are trying for you, could you infact all be blocking each other and relying on 'one' person only - eg the first person who gets through. I though tickets were not secured until payment was made
Worried now that if we are all trying for each other we could be tripping ourselves up
What are your thoughts, or am I being a blonde fairy lol :-)

I doubt it really holds it for 10 minutes. Some years ago a friend and I were trying to book for each other, and, bizarrely, must have got through to the booking page at the same time. As we tried to book, each page came up with a message that the others reg number was already booked. So we both just booked for ourselves. I'm pretty sure about the timing, because we texted each other straight away an almost identical message (something like "I'm in - yours was taken"). Not sure how this works, it was strange. Maybe it accepts the lead booker as the priority? No idea.

Or I wondering if that means the 'card payment' fails - but if that was the case then I thought that See tickets would call you

Yes I think it is if you actually get to make the transaction rather getting through the reg page, as it fails alot more before you get to the card bit!

(I'd guess if you put your card details in wrong or something and it doesn't recognise them?)

the more the merrier if you're all inputting the same group of however many registrations. the problems come when you're in several 'pools'.

eg. your reg is used and a ticket booked by person A who has added you to their group. you start fumbling over a mass text to tell everyone to stop trying for you. meanwhile person B is trying for their group with you added to it and gets in. those few seconds it takes for the system to tell person B that your reg has been used and for them to delete it could make all the difference to them getting their tickets before sell out.

it happened to someone, though i don't for the life of me remember who, last night.

edit: it was mr flow: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/187990-t-day/?p=4477926

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

I have an auntie who lives in taunton, wonder if she might have a better chance as she is closer?

How do you mean? Taunton is nowhere near Nottingham unless you are all south of Taunton maybe and it's slighter closer?

Or are the servers See use located elsewhere these days?

Edited by storm

Can someone explain about the [apparent?][ sale of tickets to cyclists? I saw no publicity about selling to cyclists, yet people are mentioning it. Ta.

They got an email out of the blue on Monday I think to say as a reward for being green and cycling they could book tickets before last nights sale, the page opened and their regs were allowed in to buy tickets, on Tues I think. Bamber has a thread about it somewhere

Edited by storm

Can someone explain about the [apparent?][ sale of tickets to cyclists? I saw no publicity about selling to cyclists, yet people are mentioning it. Ta.

This thread has all the info. Basically, cyclists were given opportunity to buy early, thus guaranteed a ticket if they wanted one.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/188875-ok-i-got-an-email-read-on/

Great - for those cyclists who received the email. I didn't. Boooo. I wonder, though, how the email addresses are harvested; I imagine when we take the bikes into the enclosure and we have to give some basic details.

Ah that's desperate, someone in the thread said his mate didn't get it either but luckily they saw the thread before the sale and got it sorted. I'd say you are right that's when they took the email addresses

Edited by storm

Ah that's desperate, someone in the thread said his mate didn't get it either but luckily they saw the thread before the sale and got it sorted. I'd say you are right that's when they took the email addresses

So you in theory, you could take a bike with you in your car and just wander around to the enclosure with said bike? :P

Edited by LondonTom

Going back to the original thread topic, I've just seen this on the FAQ

Stick to one tab, in one window, so you can focus on entering your details without confusing your browser. Access to the booking page is limited to 10 minutes from the point you enter your registration details, so if you have lots of tabs refreshing the same page, the clock will start as soon as the first one of those tabs hits the site, which may have been a window you weren’t keeping an eye on.

This is new isn't it? Last night, loads of us from here were trying for HMV's tickets and whilst plenty of us got to enter the reg details, all of us but one group got "Tickets are currently unavailable. Please try again later.". An annoyingly vague message. If they hadn't started putting this 10 minute message around I would have assumed that it was simply server load that was generating that message. Now I'm not so sure... Are groups a good thing or not? I'm leaning towards saying yes, they still are, but this has got me spooked!

GUYS DON'T BE IN MULTIPLE GROUPS FOR TICKET BUYING SUNDAY

it seems obvious now but having effectively fucked up a groups chances yesterday as my reg was being used in two separate groups one successful one failing because of the faff when it said mine had already been used. Never felt so guilty just wasnt thinking , everything crossed they tickets on sunday or im off the christmas card list for sometime !

Edited by monkey1989

GUYS DON'T BE IN MULTIPLE GROUPS FOR TICKET BUYING SUNDAY

it seems obvious now but having effectively fucked up a groups chances yesterday as my reg was being used in two separate groups one successful one failing because of the faff when it said mine had already been used. Never felt so guilty just wasnt thinking , everything crossed they tickets on sunday or im off the christmas card list for sometime !

What messages did it show you?

How do you mean? Taunton is nowhere near Nottingham unless you are all south of Taunton maybe and it's slighter closer?

Or are the servers See use located elsewhere these days?

I don't really know what I mean, maybe because it's closer to Glastonbury, they might have a preference to other Somerset Folk