Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking like no announcement today or could it still arrive?

Not this evening, offices close at 5pm.

It's odd though. Saturday tickets go on sale without any names for that day, and the website looks like a mess (in order to know who is announced and playing what day, you need to click 5 separate links..).

Not this evening, offices close at 5pm.

It's odd though. Saturday tickets go on sale without any names for that day, and the website looks like a mess (in order to know who is announced and playing what day, you need to click 5 separate links..).

Yeah I would've thought they'd have at least one name for Saturday, can only assume they're having problems tying someone down for it?

Yeah I would've thought they'd have at least one name for Saturday, can only assume they're having problems tying someone down for it?

That's what I thought at first too, but why not give us anything at all? Most of the June/early July fests are already announcing undercard acts. Give us a Barn headliner, a late afternoon Main Stage act, a closing dance act, ... Any of those would do more good to your ticket sales than no names at all.

Find it a little odd there's nothing announced for Saturday as said above! When do we think combis will sell out? Want to be getting one but can't this close to Xmas and next pay day I'll be able to get them is on 19th Dec.... but don't want to risk missing out on tickets.

If I remember right the hive opens earlier than the other sites I think. Better facilities (showers, toilets, bars) more staff walking round to help out and clean up . Plus the hive music tent which has a bit of a party the night before the festival starts. The hive was first come first serve last year so I'm guessing they have changed the set up if you have got confirmation alrrady

Edited by chairguard

Last year the Hive was the only campsite open on the wednesday, so if you had an XL camping ticket ou had to go in there. It was a standard festival campsite with your basic provisions like toilets, showers, water taps, plus expensively priced food and drink stalls in a mini market. It was very well looked after. Toilets were unbelievably clean even on the sunday and monday, there was little or no litter around, plus enough security to make you feel safe without being over-bearing and killing the party atmosphere. To be blunt, the party tent on the Wednesday night was shit so we just went back to the campsite and had a good time drinking there without having to go to the bars.

I don't know what the other normal campsites are like but i'd highly recommend the hive

@Red Day yes it is simple to get back as a free bus goes from the site to Leuven, you can get this at any day of the festival as well if you want to go to the shops or get a nice meal etc. And the train station is next to where the bus drops you off and they run very regularly, this comes with your festival ticket but you do have to book it about a month before the festival online but when we went last year no one asked us to see the ticket.

If Coldplay are the fourth headliner, I only want ticket for Thursday. If Radiohead or Red Hot Chili Peppers were the fourth headliners, I want the combi ticket. The last two albums of Coldplay are awful. Any possibilities for The War on Drugs this year???

At the moment, Foo Fighters are the only headliners who interest me. I think Pharrell Williams has not enough quality to be headliner in RW. I expect a big name for Saturday

If Coldplay are the fourth headliner, I only want ticket for Thursday. If Radiohead or Red Hot Chili Peppers were the fourth headliners, I want the combi ticket. The last two albums of Coldplay are awful. Any possibilities for The War on Drugs this year???

At the moment, Foo Fighters are the only headliners who interest me. I think Pharrell Williams has not enough quality to be headliner in RW. I expect a big name for Saturday

Ringrocker has The War on Drugs listed as playing, as well as Royal Blood!

Hey ,

So successfully after getting my ticket on Saturday im officially going to rock wercther. :) Bit of a problem as all of my friends have backed out so I shall be going on my own. Im living in London so thinking best route would be to go by train to Brussels and make my way there from Brussels. Also would anyone recommend any tips or tricks and has anyone been to the festival before on their own ?? Im sure I will meet people etc but nice to be prepared for whats ahead of me .

Thanks

If they're active next Summer than they easily could be.

If not, then who else is a possibility? The Prodigy? RHCP?

Last time The Prodigy played in 2009 they were a dance act after Oasis who were headliner :)

I'm hoping for Radiohead or System of a Down as the last headliner but my guess is Coldplay....

Find it a little odd there's nothing announced for Saturday as said above! When do we think combis will sell out? Want to be getting one but can't this close to Xmas and next pay day I'll be able to get them is on 19th Dec.... but don't want to risk missing out on tickets.

Thanks for reply , appreciated.

Edit, quoted wrong post but you get my drift

Edited by Red Day

Last time The Prodigy played in 2009 they were a dance act after Oasis who were headliner :)

I'm hoping for Radiohead or System of a Down as the last headliner but my guess is Coldplay....

True but (in England, at least), they only seem to be taking headline slots at the moment. I didn't follow festivals in 2009, but people have said that the popularity of Invaders Must Die would probably have got them headline slots that year if it had been fully anticipated.