lazzareo

The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

Blacks in Leeds (Thornton Arcade) is closing down and has 30% off everything if anyone is in that area

Any suggestions for cheap, big rucksacks? 

Just signed up to the forums to show you this as It was too good a find not to share :) £15 for a 75 litre bag, military spec, great as i had no plans other than to grab a huge backpack from tesco or something a few days before, hope this helps. I ordered mine 15 mins ago but will happily let you know how it is once it turns up!  

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/shop/hardwear/deployment-bag-grade-1-1124036.html

I need to get a portable phone charger but i'm gonna want to use it while i'm asleep but surely that's just going to drain the battery all night and by the end of Wednesday night it wont have any charge left? 

I need to get a portable phone charger but i'm gonna want to use it while i'm asleep but surely that's just going to drain the battery all night and by the end of Wednesday night it wont have any charge left?

I have anker astro e5, when phone has been fully charged the battery pack switches off. I got 6 full charges (one charge oer night) and will last the fest for me.

why would it? once your phone battery is full it won't keep drawing charge from the batterypack

Homebargains do a great festival essential

they are called breath eezee and they are basically vicks on a tissue!! perfect to stick in your nose to brave the toilets!!

they are in a turquoise greeny type container usually with the medicines and cost 99p

you usually find me handing them out in what ever queue im in to whoevers nearby!! 

Perfect post.

This,

Nice avatar too.

Mine turns itself off for safety (I presume) after about 30% so I have to be awake while I do it but I just do it in the morning. To save more battery I just turn my phone off overnight. 

Festival essential item number 1 for me:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281570797189&globalID=EBAY-GB

Fantastic for hanging ruck sacks etc in long drops / portaloos etc...

I bought a load of these last year and handed them out to my group, so useful for not having to put your backpack/coat on the toilet floor!

• Upvote 1

Any suggestions for comfy insoles to pimp out wellies with?

I got some memory foam ones off ebay. Very comfy

I got some memory foam ones off ebay. Very comfy

Me too but I can't remember where I left them.

Got a pair of these the other week. Haven't tried them yet as I'm still debating getting new wellies, but from a quick squeeze they feel decent.

Most just switch off when your phone stops accepting a charge so remember to turn your phone off on a night or otherwise you'll waste some of the charge as the pack won't start charging again once your phones power drops.

Any suggestions for comfy insoles to pimp out wellies with?

Scholl ones on Amazon are pretty good and durable, use em in my work boot and just got a pair for my walking ones for Glastonbury.

Any suggestions of gaiters? If I can avoid taking wellies I shall do so.

I bought a pair of these to replace an old generic brand gortex pair. They seem good and have a Velcro front rather than zips which provides for less faffing unless you have mastered leaving your gaiters on your boots when taking your boots off.

I don't think it's a bargain, but wanted a strong backpack that could fold into a pocket, so that once I've drunk or begun wearing its contents then I could shove it in my coat pocket.

Looks pretty strong and good quality, but was more than the cheaper ones, as it's 15 quid.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FUWSTI8