Trolleys?

Guest Kyle the Sink

I got this one last year for Bestival, not through amazon but for £15 on ebay:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Browning-Trolley-Deluxe-Fishing-Equipment/dp/B002IQCC5K/ref=sr_1_21?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1366112830&sr=1-21&keywords=fishing+trolley

It was very good and packed down small, with its own carry case! The bison one looks good but the handles don't fold down. I'm driving to Glasto this year and we're looking at getting a second trolley to carry all the booze in, trying to get the same one as mine.

I never got to check out how it handled in the mud but it has reasonably big tires and handled the Bestival terrain with no problems. I let some air out of the tyres in fear they would burst under the booze weight, and brought a bike pump just in case!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheapest I found for the 4 x 4 pneumatic tyres option was this one:
Use the code FREEDEL40 for free delivery.
I have just ordered one so thought I'd share. Hope it helps someone
148837.jpg

Thats the EXACT one I got for last years Bestival to upgrade my B&Q savk Trolley that I've had for the last few Glasto's

It worked a treat although it was very heavy going on the Monday back up the Hill of Death..... I had to make two journeys in the end!! Having said that - still significantly easier than the B&Q sack trolley would have been up that hill.

Just a word of warning about the stated carrying load of trolleys - going over rough ground will take its toll!

A drop of just 2cm will have an impact force of about double the weight you're carrying, even with bit of give in the ground. Inflatable tyres will go some way to lessening the impact, but always get a trolley that can handle much more than you intend to carry.

The terrain can be pretty rough in places, and the amount of trolleys that never make it out of the car parks can be silly!

I'm thinking of getting something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/BISON-FOLDING-FISHING-TROLLEY-PNUEMATIC/dp/B005CTXKM4

Might have to join you on that deal.

I hoping that I can get it on the coach. not sure they'll accept it loaded but i'm hoping they'll let me put it in flat packed and i'll just load it on arrival.

This one's a good option if you're struggling for space in your car. Avoids the disadvantage of other folding trolleys in that it's not actually folding - it's the handle part that extends out, the wheels don't move.

http://www.mowermagic.co.uk/acatalog/MOWERLAND_Folding_Sack_Truck____.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Handy-Folding-Sack-Truck/dp/B003G3YIRY

You can easily pull the top half handle part out completely to give you a bit more flexibility when fitting in the car.

I think a point to make that comes to mind from an earlier post about losing pins is that it's always looking at your trolley for it's point of weakness and maybe considering a bit of reinforcement/customisation.

Where you are using pins, can these be replaced with long thin bolts with a couple of nuts? just as quick to assemble, less likely to pop off.

Where push in caps are used (for example the efests/funky festival trolley) some have mentioned these caps popping off, I'd recommend hot melt glue prior to knocking them in will ensure that they are doubly secure.

Every year on the way in I see varying numbers of victims of trolley failure. One year I arrived on foot on the Thursday evening and the path to the gate was like an elephants graveyard of failed trolleys, prams and luggage items.

Hey up! I'm going by coach but taking my mega massive coleman xtreme - apparently the coach is fine with me taking it I have already asked, but my dilemma is then how to get it to camp. What trolley that is coach appropriate will take it?!! I was thinking this... http://www.greenfingers.com/superstore/product.asp?dept_id=200768&pf_id=LT1723D

Too flimsy??

Hey up! I'm going by coach but taking my mega massive coleman xtreme - apparently the coach is fine with me taking it I have already asked, but my dilemma is then how to get it to camp. What trolley that is coach appropriate will take it?!! I was thinking this... http://www.greenfingers.com/superstore/product.asp?dept_id=200768&pf_id=LT1723D

Too flimsy??te

I know it's a bit sad to be excited about trolleys, but here's a pic of our little boy, who'll be at his first Glastonbury this June, aged 6 months, trying out the trolley we've got. We gave him a go in it when we put up our tent in the garden to check it over. I'm currently working on a wild west style wagon cover for it, then we'll be ready to roll!

556000_10151846857363747_1468510952_n.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Cheapest I found for the 4 x 4 pneumatic tyres option was this one:
Use the code FREEDEL40 for free delivery.
I have just ordered one so thought I'd share. Hope it helps someone
148837.jpg

Just found out this 4x4 trolley has been reduced by a further £10 down to £39.99.

It takes it under the £40 free delivery threshold (use code FREEDEL40) but you can invest in a 50pk of black bin bags (a festy essential) for £2.99:

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/P~116437~Heavy-Duty-Recycled-Refuse-Sacks-50pk

...meaning you get the trolley and bin bags delivered for £42.98 in total.

Hope this helps

I know it's a bit sad to be excited about trolleys, but here's a pic of our little boy, who'll be at his first Glastonbury this June, aged 6 months, trying out the trolley we've got. We gave him a go in it when we put up our tent in the garden to check it over. I'm currently working on a wild west style wagon cover for it, then we'll be ready to roll!

556000_10151846857363747_1468510952_n.jp

Glow sticks are good too but LED fairy lights will last a long time on a single set of batteries

It's also worth considering some kind of small flag attached to it as, especially in crowds, people don't tend to look down while they're waking so mounting something that's at, adult, head hight will help draw attention to it and stop people tripping over it.