Trolleys?

Guest Kyle the Sink

I'm giving this an epic bump, because I need help.

I've had a little browse through the old posts and superiorly considering this Robert Dyas one -http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/heavy-duty-garden-cart#

But for 3 of us to share - 2 tents, about 6-7 crates - am I over estimating its ability?

Last time I went I had one of the standard B&Q ones, it's about £20 more than it was then, and it was probably less useful than a £3 argos tent.

Any advice or suggestions would be delightful ;)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, looks like a good deal, they're normally £70 upwards. Like Yoghurt says, buy some spare batteries for your torch or something to avoid the delivery charge. We used one last year as we were taking a baby with us for the first time and had loads of stuff to transport. It did the job brilliantly. Wish we'd got one sooner. Also, you can leave them at the lockups until you're ready to pack up.

That seems like very good value for one of those trolleys. If you are going for it you've probably noticed that it's 1p under the free delivery service. It may be prudent to buy another low value item so that you get free delivery - not sure as I've not gone into it. Just saying from a quick glance.

Oh, if it's of any help my mate has one of those trolleys. He's been going to Glastonbury since the 80's and berates himself for not having bought one sooner. Also, once you drink all your alcohol you haven't actually got much to wheel back to the car. This will provide you with an opportunity to scavenge an abandoned tent or two and pop them in the trolley. This benefit could negate the initial cost of the trolley as you'll each be able to have a tent next year rather than having two between three people. Just a thought.

I never brought a trolley last year. We took a granny trolley and was amazed it survived. This year I want a folding one for the car, so I am thinking a fishing trolley, don't think I need a full on 4-wheeled trolley for a couple of crates!

So, I am either thinking a sack trolley or something like this http://www.funkyleisure.co.uk/off-roader-heavy-duty-festival-trolley-294-p.asp

Or maybe a wheelbarrow?

Why is shopping for Glastonbury so much fun. In every day life I wouldn't consider this so much!

I used one of those trolleys you provided the link for ( http://www.funkyleis...olley-294-p.asp ) last year. It was alright on the way in, but the axle / wheel buckled on leaving the festival. It just about got me back to the car. I wasn't really carrying too much on it either. Maybe I just bought a dodgy one, but I know I wouldn't buy another.

No. A thousand times no. It's all in the wheels and those babies will be caked in grass and mud a few steps after leaving the car. You want something with wheels like this...PP1840truck.jpg

I need a 12 volt golf trolley battery (either 18 or 36 hole range) for my trolley - it was custom made for my neighbour to carry his shooting equipment over fields and rough terrain and does a tremendous job even without a battery.

As there is only me and my good lady I want to fit a battery this time so I'm not having to pull it alone.

Anyone in West/South Yorkshire selling one or know where I can get one at a reasonable price?

Edited by MickL