Trolleys?

Guest Kyle the Sink

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pneumatic tyres are a must, anything else won't be able to hack the terrain.

I've been using a fishing trolley for the past 5 years or so, it's served well under ridiculous conditions..

Although I am tempted to upgrade to a garden cart - the Robert Dyas one linked earlier looks like a bargain.

This has got me through 3 to 4 festivals a year since Glasto 2010

it struggled a bit in the hard dryish chunky mud by one of the gates on the Wednesday in 2011 but has served me well otherwise. As long as you're not bringing everything but the kitchen sink with you it's fine. high wheels and fold up make it.

funky leisure have them.. back in stock in May...

http://www.funkyleisure.co.uk/off-roader-festival-trolley-294-p.asp

the 4 wheeled ones earlier is the best option but not good for space in the car

I've just taken delivery of a mk1funky leisure trolley, that is in stock at the moment.

It has a 50kg weight limit, but I figured I wouldn't be able to pull a mk2 at max capacity-120 kg- anyway.

I need mine for mid May when I go to Bearded Theory festival, and wasn't convinced it was worth waiting for the mk2 to come back into stock.

Haven't seen the trolley yet as its a birthday present so I have to wait until next week.

This has got me through 3 to 4 festivals a year since Glasto 2010

it struggled a bit in the hard dryish chunky mud by one of the gates on the Wednesday in 2011 but has served me well otherwise. As long as you're not bringing everything but the kitchen sink with you it's fine. high wheels and fold up make it.

funky leisure have them.. back in stock in May...

http://www.funkyleisure.co.uk/off-roader-festival-trolley-294-p.asp

the 4 wheeled ones earlier is the best option but not good for space in the car

Ill find out the make its not a normal pram

Bought of eBay for peanuts . Got a 4 man tent on it plus a rucksack full of booze. Another rucksack on my back with clothes etc and its one run straight in with ease!

• 2 weeks later...

Glad the link was of use soundforever, as you say an extra couple of pints at the cider bus.

After the initial trip from the car, generally are these trolleys used around the festival every day?

I'm in two minds about using it to carry drink around all day, especially at the main stages because I also have a beer belt to hold 6 cans and a thinking about using the secure lockup a to store booze too so it's not all kept in my tent.

I have a large 5 man tent to store the trolley but don't like the idea of leaving it in there unoccupied during the day too.

Hopefully the wheels won't get too dirty to muddy the inside of the tent.

Could use it as a base for a table or extra setting around the camp too

Edited by borosupporter82

Glad the link was of use soundforever, as you say an extra couple of pints at the cider bus.

After the initial trip from the car, generally are these trolleys used around the festival every day?

I'm in two minds about using it to carry drink around all day, especially at the main stages because I also have a beer belt to hold 6 cans and a thinking about using the secure lockup a to store booze too so it's not all kept in my tent.

I have a large 5 man tent to store the trolley but don't like the idea of leaving it in there unoccupied during the day too.

Hopefully the wheels won't get too dirty to muddy the inside of the tent.

Could use it as a base for a table or extra setting around the camp too

Watching people in 2011 carting stuff across the site the ones with wheelbarrows seemed to be finding it easiest.

I've just requested a new wheelie bin from the council. (Told them mine got nicked). I plan to adapt this into a mobile trolly/truck for transportation of stuff from carpark to site. Im on a severe budget so this was cheapest option. Has anyone else had any success using this method, Surley im not the first to try it

I've just requested a new wheelie bin from the council. (Told them mine got nicked). I plan to adapt this into a mobile trolly/truck for transportation of stuff from carpark to site. Im on a severe budget so this was cheapest option. Has anyone else had any success using this method, Surley im not the first to try it

Edited by bsolxiv