Starting to think that sonisphere may end up being cancelled this year.

Guest teeman89

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC more hedging their bets, notice the wording they chose to use - "Rock festival Sonisphere has been cancelled according to the official Queen website." So they can write the story, but also backtrack if needs be as they are not confirming that it is true themselves, merely telling you what Queen are saying.I don't want it to be true, but the evidence against them seems to be stacking up, and they are not rebutting anything which they would surely do as it would harm ticket sales even more. Either way hope they tell us one way of the other very soon!!!

They harmed ticket sales themselves by taking forever to announce a line up not attractive to their regular attendees demographic.

The fact that they've sold under 5000 tickets proves this.

Most of those were sold in the presale before the line up was even announced.

From what I understand, in the time since the line up was announced to now, they've sold under 2000 tickets.

That's a failure of epic proportions, I doubt they'll try resurrect in the uk again any time soon.

I think they could come back from this..... last year was awesome (second day later on not so good for me but I was down at the smaller stages and really enjoyed). The problem with this year personally is that I already go to other festivals where I just wander around not caring who I see! Sonisphere was going to be the one where I actually wanted to see the headliners but the line up was so different to what I was expecting. I would happily go back next year with a return to bands like Download this year and I'm sure many others would too.

Edited by gjammer

It's not that it's failed, it's how badly it's failed. The amount of tickets sold wouldn't even half fill ally pally.

The uk leg of sonisphere is dead and buried for a few years at least.

Maybe when a few more fests inevitably go bust there will be a place in the market for them again.