The Stone Roses and Support

Guest gazza_20

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, i think Plan B has a bit more going for him than Prof Green so i'm glad to be dodging that bullet. Be interesting to see what the Justice Tonight band come up with as they potentially could be pretty decent (or dire, it'll go one way or the other).

I think a full on manc reunion would have been overkill, but one decent older band would've been nice.

Mind you i'm off to a full on reunion tour from that era at the end of the year, Stuffies/Poppies/Jesus Jones, and can't wait for that one, not to mention Carter supported by Cud & Neds on their dates.

There is a massive early nineties festival just waiting to be put on by someone I reckon.

I have been wanting to see Kid British (Fri) and Dirty North (Sun) for a while now...so obviously with my luck I ended up with Saturday tickets :(

The only bands I'm not bothered about seeing are Plan B, Prof Green, Hollie Cook & Beady Eye (you may have spotted that 3 of the 4 bands are playing Saturday :()

Having said that I saw some footage of Beady Eye the other night and they wasnt as bad as they have been before, and I believe they are going to be playing Oasis stuff this tour, so they may be ok

Friday

Stone Roses 21.10 – 22.55

Primal Scream 19.50 – 20.40

The Wailers 18.35 – 19.20

The Vaccines 17.30 – 18.05

Kid British 16.45 – 17.10

Sunday

Stone Roses 21.10 – 22.55

Plan B 19.50 – 20.40

The Wailers 18.35 – 19.20

Justice Tonight 17.30 – 18.05

Dirty North 16.45 – 17.10

They are the same each night, just swap the bands if anyone else wants them for Saturday!

Friday is by far the best lineup imo.

Primal Scream and Vaccines who are third down at R+L this year. The Wailers should be good as well although they seem a strange choice for this sort of crowd. I'm sure quite a few of their songs will go down very well though!

Gotta feel sorry for the people going on the Sunday. Whether or not you like Plan B he's nowhere near the level of Primal Scream or Liam, surely the Justice Tonight Band ought to be subbing?!

Edited by ap3311

Cheers for your pity re sunday!

I agree Justice Tonight should sub, and Bobby G should perform with them as he has in the past.

Not bothered about missing the Oasis tribute act.

Friday pisses over the other nights froma great height.

Friday is by far the best lineup imo.

Primal Scream and Vaccines who are third down at R+L this year. The Wailers should be good as well although they seem a strange choice for this sort of crowd. I'm sure quite a few of their songs will go down very well though!

Gotta feel sorry for the people going on the Sunday. Whether or not you like Plan B he's nowhere near the level of Primal Scream or Liam, surely the Justice Tonight Band ought to be subbing?!

im going tomorrow, thankfully. i wouldn't give the other days' support the steam off my piss let alone the use of my ears, Wailers excluded, obviously. i just need to avoid the Vaccines now, but i believe there are bars on site so that's not too much of an issue.

i would say though, that from my perch here in Ancoats i can see the tower in Heaton Park not too far away. if this weather keeps up you'll need to bring everything from sunnies and factor 30 to all your waterproofs and wellies. all seasons in a day here, currently.

just got this from my mate up in Whitefield

Sat working in the conservatory today, I've been distracted by what I thought was a neighbour playing loud music. Then I realised it's the Stone Roses rehearsing in Heaton park 2.5 miles away.

They play tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday - something tells me this isn't going to be a quiet, peaceful mid-year weekend.

i haven't been on the coaches, soz.

but for those after drinking recommendations, i assume you'll come through Piccadilly station whether you fly or come by train. city centre pubs are hit and miss like anywhere else, but if you want something a little nicer/different then the Northern Quarter is the area of town you'll either walk through to get to the Miller st shuttle bus (by the big CIS skyscraper) or get the tram past, and has it's fair share of decent boozers with good beer.

a cab from the city centre to Heaton Park won't be too expensive either, especially if you have a car full, and there's one-way shuttle bus tickets fort sale in the arena for the way back apparently. i think i'll play it by ear on how i get home after the gig.