2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

The poster is pretty good although it doesn't really float my boat. Really hope Laura Marling doesn't play main stage, ever, she bores me beyond belief. I don't think yeah yeah yeahs would play 3rd, well I hope. would swap the enemy with vampire weekend as the enemy are amazing and have a new album out in 2012.

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know thay, but that's why I said I hope, I'm not a fan of yyy's. I think the enemy are under rated tbh. Then again I don't particularly like vampire weekend, they irritate me. The Sunday looks awesome though. I'm glad that isn't the real line up because I wouldn't buy a ticket for it, not ebough people on there I'd go nuts to see, but that's my opinion. 2008, 2009 and 2010 were the best lineups ever for me.

That poster's good, but I don't see why FR would give Jane's Addiction such a decent slot after they shafted them this year. Vampire Weekend are much bigger than The Enemy, Maximo Park wouldn't headline the tent and I know I say this every time but why the fuck are the Temper Trap in there?

Are Vampire Weekend any more succesful? First album reached #15 in the charts, and their second #3, and have had 2 singles chart in the Top 40, all of this is since 2007. The Enemy's first album reached #1 and their second #2 and have had 6 singles chart in the Top 40, also since 2007.The Enemy also have a third album apprently coming out in 2012. I'm not trying to create an argument or anything, I'm just saying, I don't think that Vampire Weekend are any bigger than The Enemy, or that The Enemy are any bigger than Vampire Weekend. And that I would rather The Enemy play higher than Vampire Weekend as I think they would do a better job. Both acts would probably pull a similar sized crowd tbh though.

Edited by JIM-182

with the whole Soundgarden thing, is it possible that they could play R&L and when that's sold out, announce UK tour dates for later that year?

gotta say, i think it'll be that unless i can't see they would come over just for a fest appearance at their least likely crowd and R&L isn't going to give a headliner.

Soni does seem the most obvious one, Dload or Soni, they headline, R&L they wouldn't.

Vampire Weekend are bigger than The Enemy, imo. VW have a broader sound which allows them to translate well across different stages e.g. Headlining somewhere like Latitude to playing midday at somewhere like V festival, The Enemy, while popular, just dont have that.

Soundgarden subbing to Foo's would be pretty good. But I don't know if they appeal to the same crowd, Foo Fighters are massively popular, but a lot of people my age don't really have a clue who Soundgarden are, or they just know Black Hole Sun. That's why I reckon they will headline Soni instead cuz it'll suit them more. Is Noel gunna be doing the rounds or just IOW?

Tool would be amazing, but would have to headline, I can't see them accepting lower than that anywhere.

As for Blur, the only reason I think they may do R/L is because the only other thing I could see them doing is a show in Hyde Park again, but Damon is in the play Dr Dee until the 7th of July, which doesn't leave much rehearsal time for a band that's been inactive for a while. Plus they didn't do R/L last time around, so if they do play anywhere in the UK next summer, I can see it being here.

I swear people are reading waaay too much into this.

If I had a few million lying about the place and fancied making a bit more, I reckon booking an entire hotel, then letting them out on ebay at double the price would make a lot of sense.

And that's just one of a hundred reasons why a hotel may be block booked and have nothing to do with anyone playing Reading.