2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I get you. I doubt Bullet would have the same level of popularity at reading as they do at download, I'd be in the front row though :P realistically, who are we looking at next year as headliners and subs? Off subject but I'm praying Cypress Hill are gunna be back, i missed them in 2010 cuz I went to get some beverages from my mates car :/ gutted doesn't come close to it :(

Edited by JIM-182

Yeah I get you. I doubt Bullet would have the same level of popularity at reading as they do at download, I'd be in the front row though :P realistically, who are we looking at next year as headliners and subs? Off subject but I'm praying Cypress Hill are gunna be back, i missed them in 2010 cuz I went to get some beverages from my mates car :/ gutted doesn't come close to it :(

Probably going to get slated for doing this but as you ask.

One guess would be:

Jay - Z & Kanye West

Bloc Party

The Killers

Pixies

Foo Fighters

Soundgarden

Pixies could return an NME headliner as has been said by one other but I'd struggle to think who might go below The Killers instead, of course you can't rule out Mumford getting that high, nor could you rule out FATM.

I think Noel is a strange one as now he's not at T or Oxygen (which might be dead in the water) and quite possibly not at Rockness as it wouldn't be the biggest journey from around there to Edinburgh Castle.

I think he could play 3rd at the lowest at R&L, he's playing 2nd at IOW though that is under possibly the number 1 american rock band at the minute and it'll be a 2 and a half hour set so essentially it's like at least a 3rd place.

I reckon that might well happen bud but the year after. The one act I could see playing under the Killers would be Dizzee Rascal but I feel quite confident the raconteurs will be on the bill.

what you reckon to a

jay z

bloc party

mumford

the killers

dizzee

the raconteurs

foo fighters

soundgarden

noel gallagher (this one is questionable most though), i had originally though Rockness but the scotland summer gig cancelled that out i would think. either v or r&l would leave him able to play other uk fests.

I reckon that might well happen bud but the year after. The one act I could see playing under the Killers would be Dizzee Rascal but I feel quite confident the raconteurs will be on the bill.

what you reckon to a

jay z

bloc party

mumford

the killers

dizzee

the raconteurs

foo fighters

soundgarden

noel gallagher (this one is questionable most though), i had originally though Rockness but the scotland summer gig cancelled that out i would think. either v or r&l would leave him able to play other uk fests.

I could see Pendulum headlining with the next album & even Chase & Status subbing them, but maybe that's 2013.

Dizzee Rascal could pretty much sub to any act I can realistically think of headlining, wouldn't matter if the genre was completely different. He might even pull a bigger crowd too. New album out next year too I think. Maybe V might tempt him away with more money but he's played R+L a few times & gets a brilliant response. Has he ever mentioned his R+L gigs?

I could see Pendulum headlining with the next album & even Chase & Status subbing them, but maybe that's 2013.

Dizzee Rascal could pretty much sub to any act I can realistically think of headlining, wouldn't matter if the genre was completely different. He might even pull a bigger crowd too. New album out next year too I think. Maybe V might tempt him away with more money but he's played R+L a few times & gets a brilliant response. Has he ever mentioned his R+L gigs?

I don't know if Pendulum could headline in 2013, Sub deffo. Maybe in 2014 :) along with The Vaccines :P! I hope Metallica are back soon. Could they be back next year? Or is DL exclusive? Regardless surely theyre all whored out now after being over here every year for the last 1,000 years at some fest or another :P