2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were talking about the line-up yesterday - and thought with Nirvana's 20th Anniversary of them playing Reading happening next year - how about a Dave Grohl day? - Foo Fighters, QOTSA, NiN, Tenacious D, Them Crooked Vultures (if anyone could play in two or more bands in one day it would be Grohl), Killing joke, Eddie Wedder, Cage the Elephant, etc. with a Probot finale.

Edited by 5co77ie

We were talking about the line-up yesterday - and thought with Nirvana's 20th Anniversary of them playing Reading happening next year - how about a Dave Grohl day? - Foo Fighters, QOTSA, NiN, Tenacious D, Them Crooked Vultures (if anyone could play in two or more bands in one day it would be Grohl), Killing joke, Eddie Wedder, Cage the Elephant, etc. with a Probot finale.

Saw this guys, heavily hints towards Download having Soundgarden at not at R&L. They are also now removed from Soni as even a R. The way is see it is, regardless of AC saying they are a headline band here, if they can play a position that would be in terms of sub to Metallica at the bigger RAR they can sub at Download. Sabbath would be the obvious choice.

I'd still only really care about Sunday dependng but:

The Prodigy

QOTSA

Metallica

Evanescence

Black Sabbath

Soundgdarden

Very strong set of bands. Motley Crue 3rd on Sabbath day would make that huge.

Saw this guys, heavily hints towards Download having Soundgarden at not at R&L. They are also now removed from Soni as even a R. The way is see it is, regardless of AC saying they are a headline band here, if they can play a position that would be in terms of sub to Metallica at the bigger RAR they can sub at Download. Sabbath would be the obvious choice.

I'd still only really care about Sunday dependng but:

The Prodigy

QOTSA

Metallica

Evanescence

Black Sabbath

Soundgdarden

Very strong set of bands. Motley Crue 3rd on Sabbath day would make that huge.

It'd be an insult if Sum 41 or GC played that low imo. Although they won't, Sum 41 could easily play 3rd, they have more than enough quality material and are really popular still. They had a new record out this year too,even if they havent had a lot of attention the past few years. Good Charlotte could and should play 4th imo, for the same reasons as Sum 41. I don't see how The Offspring could deserve to play 3rd any more than either of these. Now KoRn would be awesome! They're easily able to play 3rd/sub and their new dubstep material is freakin' amazing. I'm hoping for a heavier headliner next year, preferably SOAD.

It'd be an insult if Sum 41 or GC played that low imo. Although they won't, Sum 41 could easily play 3rd, they have more than enough quality material and are really popular still. They had a new record out this year too,even if they havent had a lot of attention the past few years. Good Charlotte could and should play 4th imo, for the same reasons as Sum 41. I don't see how The Offspring could deserve to play 3rd any more than either of these. Now KoRn would be awesome! They're easily able to play 3rd/sub and their new dubstep material is freakin' amazing. I'm hoping for a heavier headliner next year, preferably SOAD.

Absolutely no chance in hell they'd play Good Charlotte or Sum 41 would play anywhere above 6th. Even at their peak they wouldn't have played 3rd and they they'd only be a nostalgia act. The Offspring have sold around 35 million albums if im right, as well as being a huge influence on the genre. Korn would be great though, couldn't sub at R+L but 3rd/4th would be very nice, similar slot to Deftones.

you're right about the new KoRn album,it is absolutely awesome.i love the fact that most of the reviews sounded like they were desperate for the album to be shite but had to give it credit after listening to it and most gave it 7 or 8 out of 10 which is quite an achievement considering they were intending to give it 1 or 2 ,ha ha.

to be fair to Korn, theyve been slagged off by everyone for years and no-one seems to admit to liking them but when i've been to see them live the crowd is insane.they drew a huge crowd on the second stage in download this year and the crowd went mental.my mate was near the front and he said he tried to get out after 20 mins as he was f**ked but he had to fight his way through 'moshpit after moshpit' to get out.