singles thread

ampersand

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't let it get to you, at least it isn't -100odd like ampersand has got!!

:lol: i know, he doesn't moan about having -100, but other people do the minute they get one. i had about 10/15 -1's over a few days once and i didn't start greeting over it.

if there's more than one on a post, then it's not just one person doing it.

i find it hilarious when people get so worked up about it and it would probably encourage me to give them a -1 because it's funny to see them get so bothered about it.

it's an internet forum, it really doesn't mean anything!

it's best not to mention it, because you'll just end up getting hunners.

Edited by _rachelbon

i find it hilarious when people get so worked up about it and it would probably encourage me to give them a -1 because it's funny to see them get so bothered about it.

it's best not to mention it, because you'll just end up getting hunners.

yup, i'm spartacus!

i gaev her and kat one just there. and what of it?

arrrrggghhhhh

No, I've not decided to become a pirate, I've just realised how shit I am at the whole "dating" (for lack of a better word) thing.

Met a girl the other night at a local rock club, danced a bit, had a long chat, had to leave early due to having to give some mates a lift home, asked her for her number, said she didn't have a phone but would add me on Facebook, did add me on facebook the next day (despite my belief that no one doesn't have a phone and that was attempt at snubbing me - I have self esteem issues, I'm aware of this).

Now I have no idea what to do/say. I have never been in this situation, my previous "encounters with the fairer sex" (for lack of a better expression) have all been work colleagues or friends of friends that I have gotten to know over a time, I've never started from scratch with anyone. No idea what's frowned upon, or what's cheesy,or what's a good idea. I literally have no idea how to approach this.

Any advice? Because of the aforementioned self esteem issues this has caught me off guard somewhat!

Edited by Lithium05

arrrrggghhhhh

No, I've not decided to become a pirate, I've just realised how shit I am at the whole "dating" (for lack of a better word) thing.

Met a girl the other night at a local rock club, danced a bit, had a long chat, had to leave early due to having to give some mates a lift home, asked her for her number, said she didn't have a phone but would add me on Facebook, did add me on facebook the next day (despite my belief that no one doesn't have a phone and that was attempt at snubbing me - I have self esteem issues, I'm aware of this).

Now I have no idea what to do/say. I have never been in this situation, my previous "encounters with the fairer sex" (for lack of a better expression) have all been work colleagues or friends of friends that I have gotten to know over a time, I've never started from scratch with anyone. No idea what's frowned upon, or what's cheesy,or what's a good idea. I literally have no idea how to approach this.

Any advice? Because of the aforementioned self esteem issues this has caught me off guard somewhat!

Ask her out for a drink, the worst she can do is knock you back.

Good luck.

arrrrggghhhhh

Find out when she's next out with her friends, make sure you are out at same place, pull her. Then go on a date after that.

Well that's what I like to do anyway. But some girls aren't as easy as the girls I like.

My girlfriend isn't easy, by the way, I was just quite charming that night.

Find out when she's next out with her friends, make sure you are out at same place, pull her. Then go on a date after that.

Well that's what I like to do anyway. But some girls aren't as easy as the girls I like.

My girlfriend isn't easy, by the way, I was just quite charming that night.

Yes you could stalk her or just have a chat and if you creep her out then you weren't going to work out anyway.

Yes you could stalk her or just have a chat and if you creep her out then you weren't going to work out anyway.

:P

All I meant was arrange, to meet her out -it's a tried and tested alternative to a date, much easier for everyone due to already being drunk when you meet them, and having your friends to fall back on as an excuse if things don't go well.

I would do as Rachel says, have some friendly chat with her then ask her for a drink. I think if she added you to Facebook she must be interested, or at least want to get to know you better, because you dont swap numbers, or try and stay in contact with a fella you've met in a club just coz you fancy having a new pal. Well at least I wouldnt.

My boyfriend and I met in a club (on an efest night out actually :D ) and we were texting lots after the night we met, and although it was maybe a week before he actually asked to meet up again, we both knew it was headed that way, as why would we have been bothering to text a stranger otherwise.

Good Luck! I was convinced I was shit at the whole dating thing too, but it's been so so easy with my boyfriend, that I now just realise none of those other guys were right for me! (cheese)

The supposedly "nice boy" I met the other week has been too caught up in walking his ex to work to see me on nights out when he says he will. I shall not waste my time on such a boy.

And so I have once again given up chasing boys. If they want me, they can do the chasing for once. Which means in a few weeks I'll be posting in here complaining that it's been weeks and no one's chased me.

:P

All I meant was arrange, to meet her out -it's a tried and tested alternative to a date, much easier for everyone due to already being drunk when you meet them, and having your friends to fall back on as an excuse if things don't go well.

That's a good idea if someone hasn't got the confidence to be direct but the downside to it is it can lead to the "friends" place, where as straight asking them out would prevent that.

My advice would be to get to know her better as, that what kinda happened with me and my ex, met on a night out, found him on facebook via a mutual friend tagging pics, started asking him whether he had a good night etc. then moved onto general conversation. Add random bits about what they like/do from their facebook page; "i can see you're a ......./study ......., that must be a really interesting/hard/fun/challenging job/subject" just start it light a friendly and get to know each other a bit better first. Plus facebook stalk for more info such as wierd/unwanted habits, last relationship, etc. Stops you starting something you may not be wanting to get into!

Well i think i may be single again....although not sure of much

One or two of you may remember i was fairly smitten over a girl i had been seeing up north last year. Issue being she was set to be moving to china for 6 months in Jan.

Well she did move and is there now. I was fine with it as we had been getting on so well, and spending plenty of time together. I was happy to keep in touch with her and wait till she got back.

The impression i got from her was positive too. She wanted me to come out and visit her......had enjoyed seeing me....will miss me....blah blah.

But now she is out there things have gone very quiet.

She has only started a conversation once since being out there....and that was the day she arrived to say she was there. It may sound small but it had played on my mind.

Conversations have got less and less frequent.... doesn't seem too bothered in making time for me on skype anymore. I have sent a few emails but have been lucky to get a decent reply.

It all is rather surprising as we went 8 months before she went talking to each other every day. Which had included many times when we had both been abroad (i work abroad a lot due to my job)

So now im a mixture of confused and gutted right now and its not too fun.

I understand that she is on the other side of the world and this makes conversations hard to arrange, but that has never stopped us before. I know she wanted a clean break as she had gone through a rough time wiht her ex before meeting me and didn't want to rush anything. And i know she is out there working hard and exploring what China has to offer which is what i would expect.

I felt that we had a great connection though, and it appears to of dissolved away.

I had sent her some flowers on valentines day, and apparently they were delivered, but she has not even said a thing to me for 3 days now.

If she doesn't want to speak to me as much whilst out there i don't mind.....Its the not knowing that kills.

I don't know if she just wants to be free for a while, has lost interest in me, or has met someone else. If i knew the reason for the lack of contact i would be able to react accordingly. I think am in limbo right now and it sucks.

Not sure what to do about it all now, have thought that maybe i should just not try to contact her for a while if that is what she wants (despite not telling me)

Sounds like you need to be saying this to her, see what she says. She might not have realised that she's not making much contact.

Also she is over in a new country, working hard, with a language barrier, all of this will make her very tired after a day at work, and not necessarily in the mood to chat, especially with the time difference.