singles thread

ampersand

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i;ve only just read your post properly, now i look like i don't understand sarcasm! was kind of aimed at jump aswell..

Nah, if she has a shit tattoo I will gently tease her about and lead the chat into showing her mine.

The point of my post was it isn't about going upto her with a line or randomly going "Do you like Take That & Simply Red!" but making casual chat. Small talk is just when you probe to find something to talk about.

nah i don't do anything. that's where the trouble comes from. tattoo though, noted! everyone seems to have tattoos. compliment even if i think it's shite. check!

would you compliment the tattoo even if you thought it was horrible?

rather than being sleazy and talking shite, you could just be genuine!

Actually you wouldn't even need to compliment the shit tattoo itself, you could just compliment her for being brave enough to get one and then ask did it hurt, why that design, how much etc.

For a lot of us it is all about personality

Also Sara - the men that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter. There are a surprising amount of men out there who don't actually want a stick insect.

I'm enormous at the moment and old and if i was at all interested i would still be getting some. I do have days where i look at myself and think why would anyone want that! But if you are confident, intelligent and have a personality that's all you need. If you don't have those things (which i'm sure you do) losing weight is not going to make things better. Though obviously being slim and healthy is better for you than not.

So i'm not saying don't lose weight.

You're gorgeous no matter what weight you are, even if you do like Take That and Soaps!

P.S. I think there is a girl at work who fancies me. Not sure how to deal with girl signals myself!. I'm not interested as i'm not gay but she is really lovely i almost feel like i shouldn't pass up the opportunity. :lol: i will though, she has a girlfriend anyway. Still properly flattered! :D

Girls my age and younger - ie my 'targets', dont go for personality yet really. At least, its not the first priority. I don't blame them, I couldnt go out with someone that I find unattractive. Its why I have loads of female friends and no girlfriend. I dont know many non-overweight guys that either dont have a girlfriend or arent getting any. As for girls losing weight, I like girls with a bit of meat (as do most men) so girls should be warned not to go too mental in the losing weight department, if they are doing it for the purposes that I am.

As for members of the same sex coming onto you, its happened twice to me. I was just depressed a girl wouldnt show the same interest in me...

And Jaybles, you are now a fully fledged member of the thread

Well she "met someone else"

That didn't take long. Gutted

Sorry dude!

Girls my age and younger - ie my 'targets', dont go for personality yet really. At least, its not the first priority. I don't blame them, I couldnt go out with someone that I find unattractive. Its why I have loads of female friends and no girlfriend. I dont know many non-overweight guys that either dont have a girlfriend or arent getting any. As for girls losing weight, I like girls with a bit of meat (as do most men) so girls should be warned not to go too mental in the losing weight department, if they are doing it for the purposes that I am.

As for members of the same sex coming onto you, its happened twice to me. I was just depressed a girl wouldnt show the same interest in me...

And Jaybles, you are now a fully fledged member of the thread

I wouldn't even say it's that, far more often than not people go out with other people who are at a similarly attractive level. So the drop dead gorgeous people go out with other drop dead gorgeous people, mingers go out with other mingers and so on from my experience.

I've had a gay guy come onto me before, we were having a decent chat in a bar until he realised I wasn't gay and abruptly left.

Edited by jump

Sorry dude!

I wouldn't even say it's that, far more often than not people go out with other people who are at a similarly attractive level. So the drop dead gorgeous people go out with other drop dead gorgeous people, mingers go out with other mingers and so on from my experience.

I would agree with this. I see it like I'm giving myself more options by losing weight girl-wise. And I definitely do look better when I've lost weight - done it before and I think women showed more interest in me, though not enough. Just means I'll need to lose more I reckon.

As for talking to girls as was mentioned previously. I can talk to girls fine at parties and stuff - ie theres a mutual friend or something in common - but just walking up to a girl and talking to her scares me. It's not that I'm worried I won't have anything to say to them, I just think the girl will think I'm weird for doing it in the first place or that she's out my league or sommat. Or indeed that she has a bf - cue awkward chat to try and get rid of me.

I would agree with this. I see it like I'm giving myself more options by losing weight girl-wise. And I definitely do look better when I've lost weight - done it before and I think women showed more interest in me, though not enough. Just means I'll need to lose more I reckon.

As for talking to girls as was mentioned previously. I can talk to girls fine at parties and stuff - ie theres a mutual friend or something in common - but just walking up to a girl and talking to her scares me. It's not that I'm worried I won't have anything to say to them, I just think the girl will think I'm weird for doing it in the first place or that she's out my league or sommat. Or indeed that she has a bf - cue awkward chat to try and get rid of me.

Most girls I know (apart from the top draw lookers who are hit on constantly and the bitches) would just be flattered, the amount of times I've heard "Oh, my god!, some guy was flirting with me earlier today :):):) " it's puts a spring in their step especially if it isn't in a club or bar. Like I said on the other page, don't think of it as talking to her to pull, think of it as being friendly and casual chat.

If you're looking at a girl thinking 'I wish I could talk to her or she would start a conversation with me. I can't she'll think I'm weird. She's way out of my league' etc, put yourself in their position. They're probably thinking exactly the same sort of thing. so instead of thinking about yourself all the time try and remember that just about everyone has the same sort of hang ups and insecurities, there's nothing special about you.

(none of that is a dig at you by the way)