singles thread

ampersand

I hear internet forums are very good for meeting the love of you life. :D Don't your sort have that kind of thing? Surely the Welsh can't be that far behind! :P

Sounds like you need to forget about your mates though (not completely obviously) and have more confidence in yourself.

:lol:

In Wales we do have internet, pedal powered of course! I even tried the whole can somebody give me advice on computers but nothing came of it apart from really good advice allowing me to buy a decent laptop!

As for internet forums, believe it or not there aren't that many for us deviants! And, the ones I have come across are bitchy nasty places. I have actually joined an online dating site for us deviants but up until yesterday I didn't include a photo, now I have a photo here's hoping a get more responses! :blink:

I gave up on mates helping me to find somebody, everybody is so wrapped up in themselves and and I'm good old chocs who never says she's unhappy being single. Also they are all completely straight :ph34r:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for internet forums, believe it or not there aren't that many for us deviants! And, the ones I have come across are bitchy nasty places. I have actually joined an online dating site for us deviants but up until yesterday I didn't include a photo, now I have a photo here's hoping a get more responses! :blink:

Nothing like efest Discussions page then. :ph34r:

I think we need to see the photo you've used to ensure you're giving yourself the best chance. :D

mmmmm I'm not sure I'm brave enough to do that, I do not take a good photo! I'm constantly untagging myself on festival photos on facebook, even the good photos you or Greenfairy take!

i hate myself in pictures but refuse to believe that it's just because i'm ugly :lol: i don't know how a picture can make a person look so different!

mmmmm I'm not sure I'm brave enough to do that, I do not take a good photo! I'm constantly untagging myself on festival photos on facebook, even the good photos you or Greenfairy take!

You see! This is your problem! Lack of confidence. There's any number of fantastic photos of you. :)

morning all.... how are we? anyone meet anyone on NYE?

Nope, had a party at ours with 100% taken ladies. Poor show.

Did see Zooey for the first time in two weeks last night though, which was pretty awesome. Forgot how good her boobs are, 30E apparently, I might buy her some shexy lingerie this month... mmm... perky

Edited by brighteyes

I loved being single for the first year of uni, there were so many boys to perv on. I think I'm just bored of being single, especially since one of my best girlfriends is in a long term relationship and the other's in a sort of on/off thing with some guy who'll basically drop anything for her. All the people I know are more boring when they're in relationships :/

Nah, that makes sense. It's like having a sex-o-meter, and when you've not snogged anyone in a while, it empties and you're like "I need sexxxx", but if you get a little smooch, it tops the sex-o-meter up and you can cope a little bit longer :lol:

haha you put that perfectly! exactly how i feel!

thinking i may be falling for a good male friend of mine. i met him at a fest this year and he happens to go to my uni and lives 10 mins away from me. lets call him Festival Boy. he's a very nice guy and we're pretty close but i distanced myself when he was flirting when i first met him because a mutual friend of ours really liked him amd i didnt want to hurt her. but now she has a boyfriend and i think it would be ok i'm starting to really like him.

i just don't know how to find out if he likes me in that way without putting myself out there and losing his friendship if he rejects me :/

its also made quite complicated because his best mate has made it pretty obvious that he likes me and everyone knows it. they both know im not interested but it doesnt stop him trying and texting/calling me when he's drunk.

FB also thinks i slept with his flatmate a few months ago. (i didn't, we just kissed, but he told everyone we did. w*nker!)

oh dear.

on a plus point, i've just persuaded him to come to glasto! fingers crossed he can get a ticket in the resales!

haha you put that perfectly! exactly how i feel!

thinking i may be falling for a good male friend of mine. i met him at a fest this year and he happens to go to my uni and lives 10 mins away from me. lets call him Festival Boy. he's a very nice guy and we're pretty close but i distanced myself when he was flirting when i first met him because a mutual friend of ours really liked him amd i didnt want to hurt her. but now she has a boyfriend and i think it would be ok i'm starting to really like him.

i just don't know how to find out if he likes me in that way without putting myself out there and losing his friendship if he rejects me :/

its also made quite complicated because his best mate has made it pretty obvious that he likes me and everyone knows it. they both know im not interested but it doesnt stop him trying and texting/calling me when he's drunk.

FB also thinks i slept with his flatmate a few months ago. (i didn't, we just kissed, but he told everyone we did. w*nker!)

oh dear.

on a plus point, i've just persuaded him to come to glasto! fingers crossed he can get a ticket in the resales!

Sorry if i'm missing something - who's FB - the guy from work you slept with?

I indulged in a bit of ex sex yesterday after weeks of resisting the walking penis!

bad bad bun! :ph34r:

does that not just further complicate things?

someone said to me, can't remember who..pretty sure it was a girl 'they're exs for reasons, don't go back or anything' - so that's the way I view it :)

Sorry if i'm missing something - who's FB - the guy from work you slept with?

no the guy i met at a festival. hence Festival Boy!

also abit of advice for all, don't use internet dating!

joined eharmony this weekend while it was free out of curiousity.

just recieved a message from someone my best mate is seeing. he hasnt met me so he doesnt know what i look like but from his description is exactly him. can deduct by his name, physical description and combination of sports teams he plays for and coaches.

as i am not subscribed i cant reply so i just told my friend.

shits gonna go down!

not sure what i've done in a past life to be this unlucky?! i seem to attract awkward situations!

and now i can't even work out how to delete my eharmony profile :/

just recieved a message from someone my best mate is seeing. he hasnt met me so he doesnt know what i look like but from his description is exactly him. can deduct by his name, physical description and combination of sports teams he plays for and coaches.

shits gonna go down!

not sure what i've done in a past life to be this unlucky?! i seem to attract awkward situations!

That's not a very good reason to not use internet dating. It's actually a pretty good reason to use it, if anything, as you've proven it helps expose cheats.

Why not look for someone that isn't a cock?

Guys who list "sports" as a defining feature of their personality and promote their gym-perfect physique in their profile photo - that's swimming with the sharks hoping to meet Flipper, I'm afraid. Generally avoid the preening peacocks just a tad and you may find someone who had to craft an interesting personality for themselves.

Oh and avoid anyone who dresses up in wacky (sorry, 'unique') clothing or dyes their hair in like neon green or some shit. It's generally a cry for help and basically says "this is all I've got going on, and you'll be bored in 2 weeks".

Edited by Purple Monkey

shits gonna go down!

ahh FB, got it now

i couldn't work out who it was from the 3? guys you mentioned previously

you're gonna go with him to glasto? who else you going with

That's not a very good reason to not use internet dating. It's actually a pretty good reason to use it, if anything, as you've proven it helps expose cheats.

Why not look for someone that isn't a cock?

Guys who list "sports" as a defining feature of their personality and promote their gym-perfect physique in their profile photo - that's swimming with the sharks hoping to meet Flipper, I'm afraid. Generally avoid the preening peacocks just a tad and you may find someone who had to craft an interesting personality for themselves.

Oh and avoid anyone who dresses up in wacky (sorry, 'unique') clothing or dyes their hair in like neon green or some shit. It's generally a cry for help and basically says "this is all I've got going on, and you'll be bored in 2 weeks".

i suppose thats true, but i just find it quite scary that i could know someone already then it would be embarassing!

lol this is my new years resolution! think one of my problems is i like to go for guys with a great body. but they normally know it and spend alot of time in the gym making it that way!

but i didnt approach my mates bf obviously, hadnt even seen his profile! wasnt able to message anyone properly anyway cos im not subscribed :( bit of a con the ad really!

ahh FB, got it now

i couldn't work out who it was from the 3? guys you mentioned previously

you're gonna go with him to glasto? who else you going with

haha sorry wasn't clear!

it depends whether he can get a ticket. i'm going with 3 friends from home and my mates bringing a friend from uni who ive met before. then i know a few other people from uni going.

i think FB will almost definately bring some mates with him tho. hes a promoter so good at persuading! im pretty good friends with his mates now we all go on nights out all the time, they're all lovely friendly lads! fingers crossed they get tickets!

definately need to sort my sleeping pattern out. its 4.24am and im not even tired :(

If you do get caught having ex sex again I would suggest no kissing as it keeps it completely physical and no pretext/void of romance.

Like a prostitute? :lol:

Honestly its like our relationship was, eventually i give in just so we can get to the bit where i can enjoy his company. I'm weak.

The thing is i do love him. I don't want to lose him he has been my best friend for over 10 years, but it seems he will never stop hassling me for sex. I'm, not saying it wasnt nice, but i kept trying to tell him i've made a choice not to be in a sexual relationship and that choice should be respected. I'm an idiot, i shouldn't have given in, i should have stood my ground. :angry:

Like a prostitute? :lol:

Your words not mine. ;)

Honestly its like our relationship was, eventually i give in just so we can get to the bit where i can enjoy his company. I'm weak.

The thing is i do love him. I don't want to lose him he has been my best friend for over 10 years, but it seems he will never stop hassling me for sex. I'm, not saying it wasnt nice, but i kept trying to tell him i've made a choice not to be in a sexual relationship and that choice should be respected. I'm an idiot, i shouldn't have given in, i should have stood my ground. :angry:

I've never gone into seeing an ex after breaking up as it leads to these kinds of problems, I would say you need to make a clean break but you've done that so what needs to happen is he needs to make a clean break but I've got no idea as to how. I've never been in that kind of situation where the weak one (no offence) has made the break up decision.

It's easily done, don't beat yourself up about it. We're all human and want to be wanted/feel close to people...plus who doesn't like sex?? Anyway if it makes you feel like this afterwards just try and be stronger if you end up in that situation again. Plus, if he's a decent enough friend he should respect your wishes to keep things platonic.

It's easily done, don't beat yourself up about it. We're all human and want to be wanted/feel close to people...plus who doesn't like sex?? Anyway if it makes you feel like this afterwards just try and be stronger if you end up in that situation again. Plus, if he's a decent enough friend he should respect your wishes to keep things platonic.

Cheers :)

I actually dont feel bad about it really, our relationship hasn't changed neither of us want to get back together but equally i don't want to have sex with him, whereas he would like it to be a friends with benefits type thing. As long as i remain strong it should be fine :unsure::lol:. He is a good friend, unfortunately though his libido runs his life. He will never see that as a problem, though i know it is one. Its one of the major reasons we arent together anymore.

i suppose thats true, but i just find it quite scary that i could know someone already then it would be embarassing!

lol this is my new years resolution! think one of my problems is i like to go for guys with a great body. but they normally know it and spend alot of time in the gym making it that way!

but i didnt approach my mates bf obviously, hadnt even seen his profile! wasnt able to message anyone properly anyway cos im not subscribed :( bit of a con the ad really!

haha sorry wasn't clear!

it depends whether he can get a ticket. i'm going with 3 friends from home and my mates bringing a friend from uni who ive met before. then i know a few other people from uni going.

i think FB will almost definately bring some mates with him tho. hes a promoter so good at persuading! im pretty good friends with his mates now we all go on nights out all the time, they're all lovely friendly lads! fingers crossed they get tickets!

definately need to sort my sleeping pattern out. its 4.24am and im not even tired :(

yea I had noticed you're posting at odd times

i work nights so thats why im lurking around at odd hours :P

shits gonna go down!

Surely it would be best to show your friend the message / his profile, so she can confirm if it is her boyfriend? Otherwise you and she could be jumping to the wrong conclusion.