singles thread

ampersand

haha you're exactly the kind im trying to avoid!

so how are things with zooey? the fact that you'd be jealous shows you must have some feelings for her?

Dunno. We have a good time together, but not a great time. She's so laid back and easy going though, she doesn't make me do stuff I don't want to do. Girlfriends tend to make you go out and spend lots of money and stuff. She's happy just staying in and sexing me, for free.

It's a 'relationship' based on sex, but I do have some sort of affection for her. She's sweet.

Thinking through the past few years, the boys I've made the effort to meet are the ones that nothing would've lasted with anyway. The ones who stuck around for a while are the ones who were chance meetings and friends of friends. I feel I should be in a relationship because I've been single for 3 years and 2 months, and it kinda sucks seeing friends in relationships for that amount of time and knowing I'm just looooonely.

...And I miss sex. Yep. :ph34r:

I've felt for a while like I should try a relationship again, as it's been five years single and literally all of my Cardiff friends are in relationships. But I don't see the point in going out with someone I only half like, or who only ticks 75% of the boxes etc, or forcing myself to find someone.

Sex is awesome though isn't it. Foofs are great.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this^^^, though tbh I'm genuinely not fussed about sex - sex is the easiest thing to do something about anyway.

Edit: that came out weird haha, I mean, if it was just about sex and not relationships then you could just go with randomers

Kissing randomers is fun, sex with randomers is usually a disappointment though. I think kissing is actually a lot more important to me than sex.

All this^^^, though tbh I'm genuinely not fussed about sex - sex is the easiest thing to do something about anyway.

Edit: that came out weird haha, I mean, if it was just about sex and not relationships then you could just go with randomers

Hahaa yeah, but I don't really feel entirely comfortable having sex with someone that I'm not in a relationship with. If it's going to be relationshipless-sex, then it's got to be with someone I'm at least considering a relationship with. One night stands etc make me feel dirty :unsure:

I've felt for a while like I should try a relationship again, as it's been five years single and literally all of my Cardiff friends are in relationships. But I don't see the point in going out with someone I only half like, or who only ticks 75% of the boxes etc, or forcing myself to find someone.

Sex is awesome though isn't it. Foofs are great.

I wouldn't mind being single if all my mates were single, it just bothers me because there are relationships waved in my face all the time. But +1 on the bolded bit.

Kissing randomers is fun, sex with randomers is usually a disappointment though. I think kissing is actually a lot more important to me than sex.

Kissing > sex, aye. But I'm partial to a cheeky kiss with a male acquaintance when we're both drunk, whereas sex is something I withhold for the most part, so it's likely to be muuuuch longer til I have sex <_<

Hahaa yeah, but I don't really feel entirely comfortable having sex with someone that I'm not in a relationship with. If it's going to be relationshipless-sex, then it's got to be with someone I'm at least considering a relationship with. One night stands etc make me feel dirty :unsure:

I wouldn't mind being single if all my mates were single, it just bothers me because there are relationships waved in my face all the time. But +1 on the bolded bit.

Kissing > sex, aye. But I'm partial to a cheeky kiss with a male acquaintance when we're both drunk, whereas sex is something I withhold for the most part, so it's likely to be muuuuch longer til I have sex <_<

this is exactly how im feeling. would be great if i could go on nights out with single girlfriends. but the boyfriends always come along now. and even if they're not everyone spends the whole time talking or moaning about them. i used to love being single. but when you're the only one it just gets abit boring. living in a house full of cosy couples probably doesn't help.

and i'd definately agree with the kissing > sex thing. it also kind of satisfies your need so you can go without sex for longer until you find someone you really like. or without feeling you need it, if that makes sense haha. or maybe thats just me :ph34r:

this is exactly how im feeling. would be great if i could go on nights out with single girlfriends. but the boyfriends always come along now. and even if they're not everyone spends the whole time talking or moaning about them. i used to love being single. but when you're the only one it just gets abit boring. living in a house full of cosy couples probably doesn't help.

and i'd definately agree with the kissing > sex thing. it also kind of satisfies your need so you can go without sex for longer until you find someone you really like. or without feeling you need it, if that makes sense haha. or maybe thats just me :ph34r:

I loved being single for the first year of uni, there were so many boys to perv on. I think I'm just bored of being single, especially since one of my best girlfriends is in a long term relationship and the other's in a sort of on/off thing with some guy who'll basically drop anything for her. All the people I know are more boring when they're in relationships :/

Nah, that makes sense. It's like having a sex-o-meter, and when you've not snogged anyone in a while, it empties and you're like "I need sexxxx", but if you get a little smooch, it tops the sex-o-meter up and you can cope a little bit longer :lol:

Hence why I've created a new, anonymous profile just to post in here.

sup pogues!

Damn, you've guessed. Good job u guessed wrong

With that level of grammar and spelling? I think not. :P

Do i need 2 chang my lev, of grammer & speling :P

Thanks for all your advice. I went on the date last night, and it went well (and she's a great kisser B) ). We've arranged to meet up again in a few days, although it did feel weird ending a date by saying "see you next year."

I've still got to talk to my friend about what happened, she rejected my phonecall two days ago. I do hope it's not damaged our friendship. :unsure:

Can't someone want to remain anonymous? I'm not Pogo. I'm not doing this to piss about, I was genuinely confused about a particular situation. As my real name is part of my normal username on here, any posts I made could potentially have been tracked back to me, eg someone doing a google search; I wanted to post in confidence, given the nature of what I was asking for advice on.

the bit about him accusing her of seducing him is Pogoish

I didn't make an accusation, it was merely a description of what I feel happened.

Right that's it! New Years Resolution number 1:

Find a normal, decent, and ideally a festival loving woman! Obviously she has to have her own teeth and hair ;)

I'm getting sick of being the only singleton amongst my mates, to the point where when they are talking about what they do with their other halves and plans they are making for places to go and people to see I'm getting pissed off, so quite clearly I am becoming bitter!

Not sure how I'm going to go about this, will have to have a good think and plan and strategic plan!

Right that's it! New Years Resolution number 1:

Find a normal, decent, and ideally a festival loving woman! Obviously she has to have her own teeth and hair ;)

I'm getting sick of being the only singleton amongst my mates, to the point where when they are talking about what they do with their other halves and plans they are making for places to go and people to see I'm getting pissed off, so quite clearly I am becoming bitter!

Not sure how I'm going to go about this, will have to have a good think and plan and strategic plan!

Grab that 'bull' by both horns honey, what's to lose?

I'd say you're best bet is to be yourself. We've never been able to understand why you're single. :)

As Rabid said, why you haven't been snapped up is a mystery.

I'd say you're best bet is to be yourself. We've never been able to understand why you're single. :)

Grab that 'bull' by both horns honey, what's to lose?

As Rabid said, why you haven't been snapped up is a mystery.

This is why I love you guys and the reason you are my friends :)

The problem I have is there isn't much round where I live or even in the neighbouring counties to be honest! There is no scene or social groups and my gaydar is not very good so knowing me i'd get it completely wrong! And, even if a scene magically appeared, trying to pry my mates away from their other halves would be near on impossible :rolleyes:

This is why I love you guys and the reason you are my friends :)

The problem I have is there isn't much round where I live or even in the neighbouring counties to be honest! There is no scene or social groups and my gaydar is not very good so knowing me i'd get it completely wrong! And, even if a scene magically appeared, trying to pry my mates away from their other halves would be near on impossible :rolleyes:

I hear internet forums are very good for meeting the love of you life. :D Don't your sort have that kind of thing? Surely the Welsh can't be that far behind! :P

Sounds like you need to forget about your mates though (not completely obviously) and have more confidence in yourself.