Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

18 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm not going this year unfortunately. Still, I've got the Shambala Festival to look forward to in August. I'm gutted that I'll not be able to make the efests meet up though.

Ah shame! Sure you will enjoy Shambala all the same!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

Also a new job!  My contract finishes at the end of this week, so was getting close to brown trouser time, luckily after a really quiet couple of months, managed to get one!

Congratulations to you too :D

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry Fish said:

What about self publication via Amazon ?

Thanks Barry - I'd forgotten about that angle. I'll see how this entry goes to the agent. I've had an automated reply saying that if I don't hear from them within four weeks then consider it a rejection (only the words used are more polite than that). If I don't hear from them then I could look at self publication on Amazon. I have no idea about it though. Will have to do some research.

Thanks again as I'd be happy to see if I could sell just one copy. I just don't want the story to stay with me forever. :)

8 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks Barry - I'd forgotten about that angle. I'll see how this entry goes to the agent. I've had an automated reply saying that if I don't hear from them within four weeks then consider it a rejection (only the words used are more polite than that). If I don't hear from them then I could look at self publication on Amazon. I have no idea about it though. Will have to do some research.

Thanks again as I'd be happy to see if I could sell just one copy. I just don't want the story to stay with me forever. :)

amazon might be your best bet. though if you've ever bought off amazon, you'll know that you might have your first book making very little, if anything, and having to write a sequel, that people would pay for.

I get loads of free books, and often buy the sequel if I like it.

Edited by feral chile

5 minutes ago, feral chile said:

amazon might be your best bet. though if you've ever bought off amazon, you'll know that you might have your first book making very little, if anything, and having to write a sequel, that people would pay for.

I get loads of free books, and often buy the sequel if I like it.

Hello feral.

I haven't got a clue how the Amazon self publishing angle works. Will do my homework though. Thanks for the additional insight in to it. :)

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

I'm happy that there are minds who think like this. ignoring the fact that from this angle it's the wrong way round, this is a physical embodiment of the Welsh flag, with Caerphilly Castle as its frame. I love my home town :D

20160701_104013.jpg

Edited by feral chile

On 07/07/2016 at 0:58 PM, eFestivals said:

I just had a call from a councillor wanting to use one our photos from a festival in their locality "for a newsletter".

I asked what the newsletter was for. "Is it a council newsletter?"

"No, it's for the conservative group".

"Sorry, no then. I'm not supporting the tories."

:)

Here's an upvote.

On 06/07/2016 at 2:09 PM, kaosmark2 said:

:D

I've won my appeal regarding council tax I supposedly owed and have both got the bailiffs off me and will be getting a nice tidy sum to cover what I overpaid. :D

Nicely done.  I was severely depressed and dealing with major health issues when they screwed me, I gave up fighting and was in hospital when the appeal date passed, still paying off money I shouldn't really owe 5 years later because I wasn't in a fit state to defend myself.  Another year and I'm done.

Good to hear that you managed to get back what was rightfully yours, I know from your posts that you've had to deal with this when you were going through a hard time in your life, so doubly pleased with the result.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Nicely done.  I was severely depressed and dealing with major health issues when they screwed me, I gave up fighting and was in hospital when the appeal date passed, still paying off money I shouldn't really owe 5 years later because I wasn't in a fit state to defend myself.  Another year and I'm done.

Good to hear that you managed to get back what was rightfully yours, I know from your posts that you've had to deal with this when you were going through a hard time in your life, so doubly pleased with the result.

Thanks very much. I went past the appeal date by a few days, but won my follow-up appeal as to why it should have been extended (appeal deadline was day of grandmother's funeral).

It's shit how some of these things work out, I never finished uni because of how worn down I got fighting the Student Loans Company about my right to funding, but to have finally got this sorted is a huge relief. I'm now starting to look into what I can manage with my health workwise with my entire energy pool not being invested in fighting off bureaucrats.

1 hour ago, kaosmark2 said:

Thanks very much. I went past the appeal date by a few days, but won my follow-up appeal as to why it should have been extended (appeal deadline was day of grandmother's funeral).

It's shit how some of these things work out, I never finished uni because of how worn down I got fighting the Student Loans Company about my right to funding, but to have finally got this sorted is a huge relief. I'm now starting to look into what I can manage with my health workwise with my entire energy pool not being invested in fighting off bureaucrats.

Glad things are looking up for you.