NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

Is anyone still playing Super Mario Galaxy, or have we all long since finished that? Spent a couple of hours on it yesterday, and am up to 110 stars. Gonna take me a good while to get the rest though I fear.... some of the comet challenges (especially the purple coin ones) are pure evil.

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyc**t on here get totaly f**king addicted to Call of Duty 4 online :) ?? im a f**king junkie man....... got my xbox hooked up online on thursday and ive already clocked up a days worth of play in between my work and real life shit :P been staying up till like 6 in the morning and shit button bashing big time :O

Games f**king amazing likes and beats the utter piss out of everything else just now!!!!

Edited by TaylorT

Anyc**t on here get totaly f**king addicted to Call of Duty 4 online :) ?? im a f**king junkie man....... got my xbox hooked up online on thursday and ive already clocked up a days worth of play in between my work and real life shit :) been staying up till like 6 in the morning and shit button bashing big time :O

Games f**king amazing likes and beats the utter piss out of everything else just now!!!!

:P

Honestly run out and get it now mate........... its totaly addictive as f**k and the fun never stops, c**ts gaming it up from all over the world anytime of the day/night runnin aboot shooting each other tae f**k. Ive never played anything like it and im finding it hard to do anything else but play that online. theres hunners of team type games aswell that ive no really got into yet so theres still shit loads of madness i aint even started to get into yet B)

Its affecting my real life tae man :) walking along the street to the shops and i get the urge to duck aboot the place and watch for snipers in top floor windows :O

I like playing COD4's single player over and over. The multiplayer I can't be botherred with.

I'm becoming more of a recluse with my video games.

I'd rather play Mass Effect or Zelda or Mario, something that doesn't ever hinge on random pot luck, bad/good team mates, and instead its about me and my own mistakes, when I'm good, I win, when I suck, I lose. I like being in control and having full responsibility, which is something I don't have in multiplayer online games.

As far as real multiplayer goes, I'd rather sit around and pass around Guitar Hero between players and try and beat songs together or do co-op or something. Or play Mario Kart. I think I'm naturally rejecting online play. It seems that now it's become a casual thing, I don't find as much excitement in it. I got that excitement out of my system many many years ago, and for me it has felt like a novelty, which peaked with Counter-Strike, Halo 2 and Gotham 2, it's time to move on, time to play with real people, or totally alone, like I did before. I've gone into regression I think.

I think this comes from videogames now being a large part of my "me" time. I get to lock out the world and do something else. I can't do that if I'm playing with other people. That's just me.

I played PS3 cod4 basically all day yesterday, and the experience on PSN is way short of the XBL setup. lack of in game dash means you cant join friends in progress, you can only "invite friends" not specific friends, I didnt find a way to mute other players (I may have missed it) because hardly anyone talks, and you can guarantee the ones who do are either obnoxious or annoying.

and I still cant get on with that fecking pad.

and................

the f**king triggers are the wrong way round!!! argghhhhhh!

Edited by t8yman

I posted this in the films thread but it largely fell on deaf ears. So I thought I'd try my luck here.

Went to see Cloverfield last night, and it really reminded me of Gears of War!

Anyone else seen it and got the same or am I just having withdrawl symptoms having not played Gears for a while :)

I posted this in the films thread but it largely fell on deaf ears. So I thought I'd try my luck here.

Went to see Cloverfield last night, and it really reminded me of Gears of War!

Anyone else seen it and got the same or am I just having withdrawl symptoms having not played Gears for a while :)

Has ANYONE managed to get 5 stars on Raining Blood by Slayer on easy mode on Guitar Hero 3 yet? I've just tried for about 2 and a half hours, I got about 86000 points, but still not 5 stars! It's the last one and it's bloody impossible I tell ya!

That one track is doing my head in too.There is no way that track should be like that on the easy level as it is so far different to every other track on easy, I don't think I've managed to get past 3 stars on that yet.

Easy mode is hard. The crappy rythym and the poor placement of some of the notes just smacks of a lack of playtesting.

I actually find Raining Blood on Medium ten times easier than on Easy mainly due to the fact on Medium most notes are accounted for whilst on Easy they are removed. Hard may make you use the orange button but at least, if you know the song, you know it's coming up and ready to hit. Playing on Easy and knowing the song puts the player at a disadvantage - they know what is coming up, but it's not there! It's some other wierd shit instead. Throws you right off.

Got 5 stars on Raining Blood on Easy on first attempt last night. I don't know what you're all winging about... the notes are perfectly in time to the music and not "random" at all. The only thing that kept throwing me was the missing note... there's three in the riff, but only two notes on screen... very confusing.