NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

Same with me and Gears of War.

People don't realise how essential the mic headset is until they give it a try, play a few games and start communicating with team mates.

A mate of mine just sold UT3 for PS3 partly because after a year on XBL the PSN doesn't match up at all and partly because there's no communication in game (not sure if UT doesn't support chat or it's just that no-one uses it). He'll be buying it for 360 when it comes out instead.

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably no one using it as UT3 isnt out here yet, Voice chat and communication works fine for COD4 on the ps3

Although personally the only place to play UT3 is on the PC much much much for variety in maps and user created maps/plyers and so much easier to play on the PC with a mouse and keyboard

Smash Brothers looks incredible. I love the characters they've chosen. Is that King Dedede? And Lucario! nice to see Pokemon and Kirby characters more represented, cos they're awesome.

Holy shit, Pit? From Kid Icarus?

Ganondorf looks more like his Twilight Princess block-head version. Looks ace.

Toon Link and Captain Olimar - get in!

Oh, I can't wait for a Pikmin 3. Or Pikmin Wii. Pikmin Thwii? Whatever. I've always thought since the Wii launched that Pikmin was basically a Wii game made before it's time.

Hey I've just noticed how the roster is arranged. It's in columns.

You have founding/main Mario characters, then sequel/spin-off/peripheral Mario characters, then you have Zelda, then you have NES icons, then Kirby (or "cute" if you count Olimar), then Starfox, then Pokemon, then Japanese icons (or, games-we-Europeans-didn't-bloody-get), then the "seemingly unrelated but actually totally related to Nintendo one way or another" column at the end there. It's amazing when you think of Snake as a Playstation character, but really it was the NES and MSX he made his debut on, so he totally belongs in the Nintendo roster. Sonic is probably the most out-there. The only tie to Nintendo was that he was a character that came close to taking them on in the 16-bit days. I reckon all the other characters, particularly Mario, Yoshi, Samus and the Ice Climbers, will be gangbanging that pesky blue rodent in the locker-room.

It's really mad to see Sonic in Mario games. I still find it really bizarre.

Oh and Luckysalt - why did you even play Deal Or No Deal? Just....why?

I dont really wanna start up the pad vs kbm debate again, but I dont like kbm, I prefer pad. although ut3 does support kbm on the ps3. and also user created maps and mods. the game itself is pretty damn good, but I just dont like the ps3 pad for fps games, the sticks are too close together.

you cant honestly tell me using a pad is easier than a keyboard and mouse for FPS games :lol: ....each to there own i guess

and even though the PS3 version may have someuser created content....in comparsion to the PC its nothing, much as i love my PS3 ill be sticking to playing UT3 on the PC for now i think

Probably no one using it as UT3 isnt out here yet, Voice chat and communication works fine for COD4 on the ps3

Although personally the only place to play UT3 is on the PC much much much for variety in maps and user created maps/plyers and so much easier to play on the PC with a mouse and keyboard

apart from the fact that I hate the ps3 controller, this is the sole reason I buy any multiplatform game for my 360, and stick to the ps3 exclusives for the ps3. people can moan all they like about XBL and the fact its not free, but (apart from when its broken) its great, you get the occasional whiny arsed 13 year old, but thats what the mute function is for. the community that built up around cod2 still lives on through my friends list to this day.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the ps3 doesnt have an official headset bundled with it.

I had a more decent go at it.

I saw so many scallies buying that game around the time it came out. I had Mario Galaxy and Guitar Hero III I think, and the rest of the queue was scallies buying Assassins Creed.

Obviously it really appeals to hoodied muppets with no honour going around knifing innocent people. It's right up their alley. To them being able to do this, get away with it and be able to do it without being in a gang is their idea of escapist heaven. :lol:

I had a more recent playthrough and my opinion hasn't changed. Shiny graphics, lame plot, basic gameplay, quite repetitive, not overly impressed.

Hahahaha, check this out

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/elspa-90-percen.html

Utter, utter bullshit.

Those R4-chip guys must be raking it in. Apparently there are over 18 million in circulation and have all been bought by people in America. I wouldn't even have thought even half of that figure would be even close to the amount of R4 chips that exist in the entire world.

More like 90% AREN'T pirates. Hilarious.

Hahahaha, check this out

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/elspa-90-percen.html

Utter, utter bullshit.

Those R4-chip guys must be raking it in. Apparently there are over 18 million in circulation and have all been bought by people in America. I wouldn't even have thought even half of that figure would be even close to the amount of R4 chips that exist in the entire world.

More like 90% AREN'T pirates. Hilarious.

that is utter bollocks! but i bet a lot of people do have them

mind you i have an r4 for my DS and i wouldnt entertain even considering buying DS game for 30 quid!!!

certainley when there so so easy to find online for free and before there usualy released in th UK, and most of them really arent worth anywhere near 30 quid anyway :lol:

if you have a DS i seriously recommend you purchase one

the fact that it is a tie in to the movies should already tell us how shit this game is going to be. think of all the awesome movies that have had shitty games tied to them, now imagine how shit a game tied to a shit film will be?

I saw the first Manhunt as a game version of Saw. Man trapped in crappy situation is forced to do awful things for some freak.

Kinda like how GTA: Vice City was basically Scarface.

The game sounds dumb. Most film licences have been poorly converted. Goldeneye was the only real stellar movie-tie in that I can think of while Spider-Man 2 was enjoyable but I struggle to think of any more beyond those. The best Star Wars games were all based on comic spin-offs or expanded universe stories, the actual tie-ins such as Episode 1, that Clone Wars shite and Revenge Of The Sith have been shockingly poor.

Saying that, I don't think you can make anything worse than Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game or E.T (widely considerred as the worst game ever made, and the cartridges are still buried in a desert somewhere in America I think).

The majority of the recent ones seem to have at least got competent (I thoroughly enjoyed both Harry Potter and Ratatouille though neither I would describe as great games).

Into the mix of better than half-decent movie-tie ins:

Ghostbusters on the C64

The original vector graphics Star Wars arcade game

Alien Trilogy on the PS1

Not easy is it?