NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been scouring the net looking for the cheapest 60GB PS3 and managed to pick one up for £300 on Amazon marketplace with all the original packaging, and box contents, which considering they're all going for £500+ on ebay I'm quite pleased with :P

Are there any other "extras" I might need to purchase?

Edit: Happy days, apparently the bloke only stuck it on there this afternoon, talk about right place at the right time :lol:

And he's refunded me a tenner because there's no AV cable (but there is an HDMI cable so no problem anyway ;))

Edited by Lithium05

slightly off next gen games...i know some people here will appreciate this.

i just found something online called DOSBox..its a dos emulator...hurray...i get to play old dos games on my PC! and i own a mac!, completely cross formate emultor.

so if you like quality titles like Monkey Island, Commander Keen, Transport Tycoon...pretty much anything you can name involving the Commadore (sp?) 64 and the Amiga...all the way up to Playstation 1, some sick, sick games...i highly reccommend it.

DosBox Homepage

and if you need games Abandonia is a great website for them.

and you can use you cd drive to mount old games aswell...awesome.

i just found something online called DOSBox..its a dos emulator...hurray...i get to play old dos games on my PC! and i own a mac!, completely cross formate emultor.

so if you like quality titles like Monkey Island, Commander Keen, Transport Tycoon...pretty much anything you can name involving the Commadore (sp?) 64 and the Amiga...all the way up to Playstation 1, some sick, sick games...i highly reccommend it.

DosBox Homepage

Edited by Purple Monkey

DosBox Homepage

Just noticed this on charlieoscardelata.com, new downloadable maps on the way for COD4 :lol:

Great news, Charlie Oscar Delta!

Activision and Infinity Ward report that new global conflicts are planned in the form of downloadable multiplayer maps for the award-winning Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. In development for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, the upcoming downloadable content will thrust gamers into a hot zone of added combat across a variety of intense multiplayer locales.

"We've demonstrated our commitment to delivering the best multiplayer experience in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and that continues with our plans for new downloadable content," explains Infinity Ward's Community Manager, Robert Bowling aka Fourzerotwo. "We're excited about the new maps, and the added gameplay variety, and we can't wait to wrap things up and get online with everyone."

The new downloadable content is scheduled for release this spring, and will be available on Xbox LIVE and the PlayStation Network.

Stay tuned to CharlieOscarDelta.com for more information and updates on Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare!

Edited by modey

Not quite. The Japanese, American etc. early PS3s incuded the chip ensuring full compatibility. The PS3 60gb for Europe didn't have the chip (cue much wailing and gnashing of teeth of the "why do Sony hate us Euros so much" variety) but relied on software emulation instead. For some reason the 40gb versions don't do the s/w emulation either, I have no idea why ... *googles* ... apparently it's because they [60gb PS3s] didn't ship with the emotion engine but they did still have the PS2 graphics synthesizer.

There.

my major issue is it not working with the players met online thingy, i need to add so many people from my clan but cba with writing all there names down.

ive also had good laughs with people online, then wanting to add them and not remembering there name

cmon cod4, surely a simple patch would sort that out.

Edited by t8yman

There is a free aerosmith song, dream on, available for download this weekend for guitar hero 3.

There will then be an aerosmith game for guitar hero released in the summer :P