Clashfinder 2024

Pateen

Would appreciate one of them putting on the SEC/ Glade onto clashfinder.

Because I'm really cool I tend to use a colour coded system to try and go through all the acts and rate the ones I want to see/ avoid etc. So I don't need them in the right order, but just on the system haha 

13 hours ago, Nduja said:

If Sofia Kourtesis, Barry Can't Swim and Confidence Man all clash at 2pm on the Friday afternoon, then that is quite mad.

Always seems to be Friday afternoon for the epic clashes.  I seem to have a brain-exploding 3 or 4 way clash every year on the Friday.

4 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Because I'm really cool I tend to use a colour coded system to try and go through all the acts and rate the ones I want to see/ avoid etc. So I don't need them in the right order, but just on the system haha 

Pointless until the stage splits are announced 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Pointless until the stage splits are announced 

You've completely ignored most of my message like haha. I'm just using clash finder to find new music, more then actually working out who i'm going to see ect. 

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

I am also team colour-code. Red for avoid, blue for interested, green for must-see, lol. And I'm not even going! I find it such a useful tool for finding new music. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It's actually quite quick and easy as he has scripts written to use the data sheet from the GF website lineup page - hence it all happens quite fats.

I do them for other festivals and have spreadsheets all set up so it does not take that long.

Oh right, is he not the guy who came up with the whole website then? *slowly pulls OBE away*

Yeah, whatever you do when the lineup is out, don't start filling in the clashfinder as he does it almost instantly when he has a moment of free time.

(I filled out a load of stages last year for it to lock and have complete stage splits in the blink of an eye)

4 hours ago, kemosabe said:

I'm also really cool, so I use a spreadsheet to note down my ratings (must-sees, nice-to-sees and can see at a less clashy festival so don't prioritise seeing at glasto), then put them in the clashfinder once halvin's got all the timings in there.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I'm also really cool, so I use a spreadsheet to note down my ratings (must-sees, nice-to-sees and can see at a less clashy festival so don't prioritise seeing at glasto), then put them in the clashfinder once halvin's got all the timings in there.

What kind of ratings are we talking here?

Marks out of 5 or 10? Not out of 6, surely? Percentages? Stars?!?!

15 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Red = Skip

Purple =  1 - Wouldn't walk away if I were having a good time and nothing else critical

Blue/Purple = 2

Blue = 3

Green/Blue = 4

Green = 5 - Can't miss.

11 minutes ago, gblock said:

Are you highlighting every single act? That’s a mission and a half surely 

Trying to keep up, but yeah.
I recognize that I'm more than a bit obsessive.

But, I can also carry over repeat acts from last year.

Edited by Mike A

45 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Haha, normally just 1 = deffo, 2 = maybe, 3 = they're at victorious so don't need to see (saves me having to cross-reference multiple clashfinders at the fest).

Then I import my husband's clashfinder highlights, which are usually 1 = deffo, 2 = probably, 3 = maybe, so I end up with a 6 colour system.

4 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

On that I really have no idea - maybe they are and an OBE should they want one is deserved.

Or at least a nice sausage roll, or something. 

16 hours ago, Mike A said:

Red = Skip

Purple =  1 - Wouldn't walk away if I were having a good time and nothing else critical

Blue/Purple = 2

Blue = 3

Green/Blue = 4

Green = 5 - Can't miss.

This is next level colour-coding. It's similar to mine though. I just use blue for 'wouldn't walk away if it was fun' to 'would be interested if nothing else was on'. 

I'd be curious what your final Clashfinder is like come June, esp as we had some crossover last year!

15 hours ago, Simsy said:

Haha, normally just 1 = deffo, 2 = maybe, 3 = they're at victorious so don't need to see (saves me having to cross-reference multiple clashfinders at the fest).

Then I import my husband's clashfinder highlights, which are usually 1 = deffo, 2 = probably, 3 = maybe, so I end up with a 6 colour system.

Mmmm. Crossreferencing against another festival and against your partners.

You've left colour-coding world and gone into the Clashfinder-multiverse.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, gblock said:

Are you highlighting every single act? That’s a mission and a half surely 

I am! Its basically me systematically going through and making sure I've listened to everything/ given it a go. Tend to do one day of one stage a day really.

I have learnt so many bands from Glastonbury clashfinder over the years. Obviously it takes a long time, and sometimes I won't finish before the festival tbf 

• Upvote 2