New pitch your own tent glampsite

StoneCircle

1 hour ago, al_coholic said:

Holt Farm doesn't open till 12pm on the Wednesday so by that time the queue at Gate D will have gone. For the rest of the festival I dont think there is a lot of traffic through Gate D compared to Gate C so should be fine. 

That seems late? Do other glamping places open later that the festival gates?

On 5/3/2024 at 1:04 PM, Spangles said:

Mulling this over. Already bought a parking pass though and will be coming in from the east, parking in Blue as usual. Seems like it would make more sense to drive around and park in one of the other car parks, save schlepping our gubbins all across the festival to Holt. 

What's your experience of parking on the west side (is it Orange/Yellow/Pink?). We'll be arriving Weds morning, leaving early Monday morn. Heard the tailbacks can be nastier on the west than the east.

We got our general parking pass refunded. Worth emailing them. 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

That seems late? Do other glamping places open later that the festival gates?

Lovefields is also midday on Wednesday and Festibell don't open until Thursday. Festibell are in what was E22 campervan fields so it's the next field to where we pitch. 

3 hours ago, al_coholic said:

Holt Farm doesn't open till 12pm on the Wednesday so by that time the queue at Gate D will have gone. For the rest of the festival I dont think there is a lot of traffic through Gate D compared to Gate C so should be fine. 

Yeah, I meant day to day during the fest with the increased footfall caused by the new campsite.  If generally it's set up for low traffic I hope they've taken this new campsite into account.

I know ped gate C can have some queues during the fest because of the campervan fields.  And that's with it being established for years.

41 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Lovefields is also midday on Wednesday and Festibell don't open until Thursday. Festibell are in what was E22 campervan fields so it's the next field to where we pitch. 

Lovefields is Tuesday 4pm for Campers / motorhomes... So does make you think that it's a traffic management requirement. 

10 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Lovefields is Tuesday 4pm for Campers / motorhomes... So does make you think that it's a traffic management requirement. 

I have never spotted much activity in Lovefields from E21, but one year we were very close to Festibell and could see them still erecting tents on the Tuesday! Yes I would think it is a traffic management requirement too. 

2 hours ago, Jimmychoos said:

We got our general parking pass refunded. Worth emailing them. 

Did you just email See and they refunded the £55 then?

2 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

I have never spotted much activity in Lovefields from E21, but one year we were very close to Festibell and could see them still erecting tents on the Tuesday! Yes I would think it is a traffic management requirement too. 

I was really surprised, as we'd only done it in a tent before, and they make no public mention of it on their site... But they sent an email out only to /campervan / motorhome bookings. 

I didn't fully read the email when it came, but have just been back to read it again, and it does indeed seem to confirm that it's at the request of festival traffic management. 

As in previous years, we are once again offering our guests with Motorhomes and camper/caravans the opportunity to arrive earlier on Tuesday 25th June anytime after 4 pm and before 10:30 pm. We work closely with the Glastonbury Festivals Traffic Management team and we aim to reduce the congestion in the small country lanes around the Festival site and reduce the peak times for check-in at the Love Fields by offering this option.

Edited by Alvoram

On 5/5/2024 at 4:25 PM, 4AssedMonkey said:

Did you just email See and they refunded the £55 then?

I emailed SeeTickets and they've said the deadline has passed so unfortunately that's no longer an option. Are we able to sell them on here? Hopefully it can save someone a few quid on the gate.

3 minutes ago, BagpussSeesAllThings said:

I emailed SeeTickets and they've said the deadline has passed so unfortunately that's no longer an option. Are we able to sell them on here? Hopefully it can save someone a few quid on the gate.

@mike86 is looking for one in another thread!

4 minutes ago, BagpussSeesAllThings said:

Same here.  Should we start a thread on car park tickets for sale? 😉 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BagpussSeesAllThings said:

Sorry to hear that. I was surprised we could get the money back tbh. Good luck with the car pass sale!