Campervan Water Tank Fill

3lliott

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend anywhere to fill the water tank on our van before arrival on Tuesday afternoon? We are driving down from Manchester so don't want to travel with a full tank.

Only our second time with a van, so relative newbies. We assumed we could fill up on site, but the company we used to hire the van didn't provide an attachment. Would rather enter with a full tank and top up as we go if needs be

Thanks, E

Some garages put antifreeze in there water hoses.

I would just get the correct fitting to allow you to fill on site, or buy a funnel and use a 25lt container.

2 hours ago, 3lliott said:

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend anywhere to fill the water tank on our van before arrival on Tuesday afternoon? We are driving down from Manchester so don't want to travel with a full tank.

Only our second time with a van, so relative newbies. We assumed we could fill up on site, but the company we used to hire the van didn't provide an attachment. Would rather enter with a full tank and top up as we go if needs be

Thanks, E

It doesn't have the barrel you can roll to the fill up tap? 

Best bet is to fill your water before going to the festival then you don't have to queue to fill it and then move the filled container across several fields in the campervan fields.

7 hours ago, 3lliott said:

Hi all,

Thanks, E

Tuesday you could easily get water tanks filled up - but after that it was a bit of a pain with not enough taps in East Campervan fields. 

So I'd potentially drive down without and just give yourself a few admin hours on Tuesday. 

Alternatively get the bulk of the drive done, then fill up at a petrol station (lots offer water fill) just make sure its safe to drink or even just safe to put in your tank (it should be)

5 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Some garages put antifreeze in there water hoses.

I would just get the correct fitting to allow you to fill on site, or buy a funnel and use a 25lt container.

filling  on site is always a bad idea cos there's always a queue and a big muddy puddle to stand in, and people wanting to wash their hands after the loos - and its always a chore to move a big container full of heavy water across rough ground.

I have never seen a Campervan pull up to one of the taps in the CV fields… 

you are directed into the fields, parked up and that’s you done… no driving around site.

fill up before you leave the Campervan hire place…  it won’t cost you a lot more in the general scheme

9 hours ago, 3lliott said:

Hi all,

Thanks, E

We stay in a nearby campsite on Monday night, that gives you the opportunity to fill up before you leave for the festival! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Neil said:

filling  on site is always a bad idea cos there's always a queue and a big muddy puddle to stand in, and people wanting to wash their hands after the loos - and its always a chore to move a big container full of heavy water across rough ground.

Never a problem on the Tuesday afternoon, we did it a couple years ago with no issue. 

14 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Never a problem on the Tuesday afternoon

Ive forgotten Which day joe public can get onto the campervan fields.

I have always driven with a full water tank from the North West. Not the most efficient or best use of weight but saves dicking about on arrival!

This year I'm staying at campsite in Glastonbury Town from Saturday so can fill up there before I make the short drive to WF.

Are you planning to drink from it? I probably wouldn't use the water tank in a hire van but then I milton my water containers for the van before any single trip so I might be a bit OTT. Also echo the water/antifreeze risk at a garage.

I'd probably disinfect the tank in advance then fill at home, as it shouldn't massively affect your payload or fuel efficiency. If you're intent on filling up closer to site, depending on the size of your van and navigating it, you'll never not find a tap at a cemetery. 

On 4/15/2024 at 9:18 AM, Summertime said:

Could make yourself a power shower with one of those.

• Upvote 1