Pyramid Subs 2024

Joey Peeps

2 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Flux was a single, so of course it got way more radio play than album track Price of Gasoline.

That said, I do get your point. I'd much rather a setlist with 7 or 8 tracks from Silent Alarm and a few other* singles like Flux/The Prayer/Hunting For Witches/One More Chance/One Month Off, than the full 13 Silent Alarm tracks. They've toured Silent Alarm in full twice now. Just play the bangers at a festival.

*no singles from the last 3 albums plz

E: I thought people were talking about opening Other. A standard Woodsies set billed as SA in full is fine I guess. Would still prefer a mix for a secret set/Other opener.

Opening with Song for Clay, obviously...

On 3/8/2024 at 5:19 PM, MEGABOWL said:

Feel like I’m at a familiar point in the cycle here. As we get close to poster time I have a long list of acts who are touring and could play, that probably couldn’t realistically fit on the bill in appropriate positions. Then when the poster drops I’m disappointed they’re not all there. 

Then I dig into the names and discover new stuff, and zero in on the big names on the bill I do want to see. Get more and more excited as it gets closer.

Then the full line up comes out and loads of them clash.

Then I switch to checking the weather forecast every 7 minutes.

Then I have an amazing time despite forgetting acts I wanted to see.

Its the circle of life.

I know quoting yourself is bad form but many of you are just at the last sentence of the first paragraph above

On 3/8/2024 at 12:29 PM, Little Thief said:

Quite a bit of overlap to be fair, must be similar sources.

West Holts headliners were reconfirmed (three Js), also Squid high up on West Holts on the Fri.

Park I THINK Fontaines headlining or subbing. Hoping this isn’t true, but sounds like The Smile may not be doing it. I had them nailed for headlining Park but apparently not happening. We’ll see though.

Woodsies Sat headliner is Gossip, Sleaford subbing and Yard Act before them.

Any idea what time Squid are playing on Friday? Was surprised to see them so low down on the poster since they’re playing fairly high up.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Any idea what time Squid are playing on Friday? Was surprised to see them so low down on the poster since they’re playing fairly high up.

Looked back at the messages I received on Squid and it says ‘Squid West Holts on Friday in TV slot’, so I took TV slot to mean fairly high up on the bill.

• Upvote 1