Pyramid Subs 2024

Joey Peeps

3 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Being right in the pit was the worst place to be for Beck. That's where my mate was and he said he felt like he was the only one who was interested in Beck. Everyone else was just there for Coldplay. Whereas I was further back and had a great crowd around me (we both then went to the Other for LCD)

I was kind of halfway in for Beck and almost felt embarrassed for knowing who he was as I was surrounded by people clearly not at all arsed. 

Probably taking a massive gamble getting in to the thick of it for LCD, but given they’re likely to be one of the acts I’m most stoked for all weekend it only seems right. Hopefully luck out and find some similarly minded people there and not just a bunch of talking Coldplay fans. 

20 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Are the same people moaning about LCD and PJ Harvey headlining the field on the basis of crowd size the same people saying SZA crowd size doesn't matter and she scores really high critically? 

That Friday is shaping to be an excellent night of music for those who want to be there. 

PJ Harvey - genius

LCD - awesome

Coldplay - you know will put on the best live spectacle of the weekend and will probably have the biggest crowd

I may be at all three, or none, depending on options, but that's a pretty good top 3. 

If it is a run of pj harvey, lcd,  Coldplay on the pyramid I will be so f**king happy. 

I don't care about whether other people think those acts are too small or in the wrong stage I will be having the time of my life. 

If people around me aren't digging it I'll just move to get a better atmos. 

5 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

If it is a run of pj harvey, lcd,  Coldplay on the pyramid I will be so f**king happy. 

I don't care about whether other people think those acts are too small or in the wrong stage I will be having the time of my life. 

If people around me aren't digging it I'll just move to get a better atmos. 

In fact, I don't think I've ever done a 3 act run at the pyramid on a Friday. Last time was a Sunday for elbow/Lorde/ kendrick and it was amazing. 

41 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Are the same people moaning about LCD and PJ Harvey headlining the field on the basis of crowd size the same people saying SZA crowd size doesn't matter and she scores really high critically? 

That Friday is shaping to be an excellent night of music for those who want to be there. 

PJ Harvey - genius

LCD - awesome

Coldplay - you know will put on the best live spectacle of the weekend and will probably have the biggest crowd

I may be at all three, or none, depending on options, but that's a pretty good top 3. 

Yeah, I like it.

30 minutes ago, Little Thief said:

Yeah Pyramid stage. Got some interesting info around Park and Woodsies too, but guess that’s for another thread!

Anything different from what’s listed already on the rumours page ? 

30 minutes ago, Little Thief said:

Yeah Pyramid stage. Got some interesting info around Park and Woodsies too, but guess that’s for another thread!

info is welcome anywhere!

Not feeling good about Pulp - if they get announced i'll be over the moon tho

14 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Anything different from what’s listed already on the rumours page ? 

Quite a bit of overlap to be fair, must be similar sources.

West Holts headliners were reconfirmed (three Js), also Squid high up on West Holts on the Fri.

Park I THINK Fontaines headlining or subbing. Hoping this isn’t true, but sounds like The Smile may not be doing it. I had them nailed for headlining Park but apparently not happening. We’ll see though.

Woodsies Sat headliner is Gossip, Sleaford subbing and Yard Act before them.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

I want to be in the pit for LCD but am already stressed at the thought of trying to get out of it after they have finished. I find that for bands like Coldplay, people just start pouring in when the sub finishes without giving you a chance to get out. 

Getting out of The National before Foo Fighters was not pleasant.

1 minute ago, Little Thief said:

West Holts headliners were reconfirmed (three Js), also Squid high up on West Holts on the Fri.

Park I THINK Fontaines headlining or subbing. Hoping this isn’t true, but sounds like The Smile may not be doing it. I had them nailed for headlining Park but apparently not happening. We’ll see though.

Thanks . 

@Avalon_Fields some names for list here 

3 minutes ago, Little Thief said:

Gossip headlining Woodsies is weak as piss - thought they’d be subbing at best or possibly lower. Not doing much to shake the Glastobudget shouts.

Was kind of expecting The Smile to skip it so that’s not too surprising.

14 minutes ago, Little Thief said:

Yard act followed by sleaford mods is where I'll be at. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

No, it seems to be dying on its arse much like their other comeback a couple of years ago that everybody’s already forgotten happened. 

I mean, to all intents and purposes they're a one hit wonder. It's like Peter, Bjorn and John suddenly topping line-ups.

15 minutes ago, Little Thief said:

The Smile not playing?? nOOO

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I mean, to all intents and purposes they're a one hit wonder. It's like Peter, Bjorn and John suddenly topping line-ups.

They seem to have a weirdly dedicated fanbase in some circles tbh - the type who crave for the days of 2007 NME - but yeah, topping Woodsies is… not great.

At least that’s one more reason for me to be at Dua.