UK Politics

kalifire

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

You can’t really project results for a local election where only a select few areas are up for election onto a general election.

Lab won the WM by-election today with a 26% swing in-line with polls. 

I don't think it helps that Scotland didn't vote at all, and the question mark on whether the SNP is about to see a collapse following the messy end to Yousaf's First Minister reign and other recent issues there. Plus also Wales only had PCC elections, which tend to be something of an afterthought.

No green surge in Bristol where the greens failed to win the city council so doesn't look good for the Bristol central constituency.

Was also thinking that the greens leader doesn't expect the greens to retain Lucas's Brighton seat.if they thought they could win it one of the co- leaders would be standing there.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

No green surge in Bristol where the greens failed to win the city council so doesn't look good for the Bristol central constituency.

Was also thinking that the greens leader doesn't expect the greens to retain Lucas's Brighton seat.if they thought they could win it one of the co- leaders would be standing there.

Aren't they the biggest party there? I reckon they will win that seat in general, may win one or two elsewhere too.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

for someone with an anti flight avatar ... you dont half  complain lots about the Green Party .... since nobody started posting on here . Thought youd be a supporter of strong environmental policy 

31 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

for someone with an anti flight avatar ... you dont half  complain lots about the Green Party .... since nobody started posting on here . Thought youd be a supporter of strong environmental policy 

mostly I'm pointing out that other peoples claims for the greens in Bristol don't stand up.

we don't need a green party , particularly not the detached one we have, when the answers are in personal actions.

26 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Meanwhile 

the telegraph as trustworthy as trump!

Edited by Neil

30 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

No one ever mention lib dems anymore...but they've done ok in some places too..

they'll start to recover in the south-west around now, will prolly take a few tory seats in the ge.

17 minutes ago, Neil said:
51 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

mostly I'm pointing out that other peoples claims for the greens in Bristol don't stand

They’re now the biggest party in Bristol city council. Also you’re the only one who really mentions them 

17 minutes ago, Neil said:

e, when the answers are in personal actions.

A ludicrous argument, even by your standards 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

They’re now the biggest party in Bristol city council. Also you’re the only one who really mentions them 

but didn't win it, despite all their grandstanding.  not just me, the corbyn backing genius also mentions them repeating their over-hopeful press releases, but doesn't know what the f**k he's talking about, again.

Edited by Neil

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

A ludicrous argument, even by your standards 

its ludicris to thinking things will change for the better if we carry on f**king the climate.

i challenge you to improve your behaviour. 😛 

6 hours ago, Neil said:

but didn't win it, despite all their grandstanding.  not just me, the corbyn backing genius also mentions them repeating their over-hopeful press releases, but doesn't know what the f**k he's talking about, again.

only just about didn't win it overall, still a big win for the Greens...and does suggest they have a lot of support there and could win in a general election...they will certainly concentrate a lot of their resources there. I think it's a good thing for Green to have some MPs, what I am worried about, probably unnecessarily, is enough people vote Green/LibDem/Independents across the country and that ends up gifting Tories a surprise win like is about to happen in London (it isn't, probably).

23 hours ago, Neil said:

Never asked you where you are? north camp used to be my manor. and the tumbledown  for beer. I was brought up in Hawley; born in aldershot (at the Cambridge).

I’m very close to the Cambridge (very expensive luxury apartments) now but was born in the Louise Margaret. I haven’t moved far!

13 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’ve been reading and can’t find any . That’s why I asked . Gaza I would say is a good example of where other issues have come into play . He’d not be an mp otherwise . I’m not always In agreement with the posts but think it’s fair if you suggest something’s been said then you ( anyone ) is able to find said post . 

You cannot compare votes in by-elections to general elections................... unless a while later it suits you to do it just as I said when you questioned me on it.

Hopefully this is enough for you to know what I said was true 🙂
image.thumb.png.fcefdad7ab20738b9b0be90041872bc0.png

11 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Only when it suits.............................

And oddly they think that vegans farts create more bad gases than flying!

Almost like they think meat eaters do not fart.