UK Politics

kalifire

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

no idea what this means. my analysis was tory signs in manchester means nothing cause Labour will walk it. Tell me what you think it means?

not shocked aye, last time turnout was under 35 %

if you're going to dismiss a therory at least be sharp enough to recognise all parts of that theory, and  how more than one thing could be the reason for a wrong conclusion, rather than the theory being bad.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

In case you’re interested this explains the PCC role a bit. I’d always recommend to vote!

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/voting-and-elections/how-elections-work/types-elections/police-and-crime-commissioners

Thanks although like councils which I definately vote at . It’s all influenced massively by govt 

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Thanks although like councils which I definately vote at . It’s all influenced massively by govt 

votes for stuff like pcc, mayors is trying to shift the blame for low service away from govt, where govt controls the money, and therefore the levels of service.

2 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

no idea what this means. my analysis was tory signs in manchester means nothing cause Labour will walk it. Tell me what you think it means?

well I'm talking Greater Manchester...and there are council elections all over and in some areas, believe it or not, Tories do win council seats, and actually the area where I work (Cheadle) has a Tory MP. 

55 minutes ago, Neil said:

if you're going to dismiss a therory at least be sharp enough to recognise all parts of that theory, and  how more than one thing could be the reason for a wrong conclusion, rather than the theory being bad.

So what is your conclusion for 'there are lots of Tory posters up in X place but no Labour ones' , cause to me there is an implication that it means something and is indicative of a lack of Labour support. When it isn't cause they will walk the Manchester local elections.

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

So what is your conclusion for 'there are lots of Tory posters up in X place but no Labour ones' , cause to me there is an implication that it means something and is indicative of a lack of Labour support. When it isn't cause they will walk the Manchester local elections.

I'm saying the conclusion was based on stevies judgement and comparisons with past perceptions. His judgement can be bad and the theory of visible support still good.  So you shouldn't dismiss the theory without looking where things went wrong for the conclusion.

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

My kid's first time voting today. She says she is sick of the same old and wants proper change, so is voting Reform.

I didn't have you down as old enough to have a kid of voting age.

55 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I started very young.

You must be setting a bad example if she's considering voting for the kippers.

13 hours ago, steviewevie said:

So...I extrapolate from that...turnout is going to be low.

Spare a thought for the poor poll clerks working today. I've done it in the past - 16 hour days & if it's a low turnout, words can't express how mind numbingly boring it is! Sometimes sat there for an hour waiting for the next voter to come in!

54 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

What can you do?...kids these days...

Not my kid who has just Landed himself a stupidly big wage for his second job.

A wage that's better than most people  get from a whole lifetime of work.

not sure he knows how lucky he is.

He's Living rent free with his auntie so also saving loads.

2 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Why would he when it makes him look as thick as pigshit? Especially when he was the arsehole who introduced the legislation in the first place?

He's missing the attention.

And anyway already exposed he's thick as pigshit  by him not understanding the covid restrictions.