UK Politics

kalifire

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Interesting fact....that latest MRP has labour with 41%, which is just 1% more than they got in 2017.

probably be hard to find what was predicted (say) three months  before last election and how much it was wrong by, to indicate how much they might be wrong now?

42 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

disagree with that one.

me too, don't think the greens will keep Brighton, the loss of macca and heather from there is two fewer votes. 😛 

22 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Interesting fact....that latest MRP has labour with 41%, which is just 1% more than they got in 2017.

Which is something all the 'left haters' seem to forget. Labour did well in 2017 with those gawd awful leftie policies.

Why do you think the media spent the next 2 years attacking Crobyn?

13 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

corbyn was only sh*t cos the meedia, still haven't learnt. lol

17 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Which is something all the 'left haters' seem to forget. Labour did well in 2017 with those gawd awful leftie policies.

do you know what that means?? starmer isn't as sh*t as you keep saying cos you got that from the same meegja.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

wings has found the honest voice it didn't have in all the years it was an snp lie-piece, the same years you swallowed the snp lies i ripped into you back then  for you  using wings to supportsnp lies.

if a pro indie ; pro scot greens site, is reporting that their policies are causing people to turn away, i believe there's some truth to it, especially when polling at the same time says the snp will lose loads of the seats its won previously.

even the Scottish police and Scottish prison service  won't support the Scottish govt policies and there's no complaints from the normally mouthy nats.

I am sure the few on here who were involved in the dirty independence debate will be as amused as I am that Neil is now using WOS to support his argument.

Incidentally, I believe in amongst his current odious nonsense, he still supports Scottish Independence. Do you now acknowledge that he is right about that?

Or is he only right when he agrees with you?

1 minute ago, LJS said:

I am sure the few on here who were involved in the dirty independence debate will be as amused as I am that Neil is now using WOS to support his argument.

Incidentally, I believe in amongst his current odious nonsense, he still supports Scottish Independence. Do you now acknowledge that he is right about that?

as i pointed out i'm using WOS to undermine your previous arguments.

so do you think no one has been turned off scots governing the scots by the self indulgent ramming thru of unworkable* pro-trans laws.

(* they've been proven as unworkable by scottish institutions not working to them.)

if you think no one has been turned off indie by those f**k ups, then you've got a very low opinion of your fellow scots.

10 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Modern Politics:

1) Make a sweeping statement as 'fact'
2) When proof shown that said statement is wrong change what you said
3) When it becomes obvious to you that this will not work move the goal posts
4) When this also does not work start to get angry
5) When that does not work and people who show the facts that proved your original statement to be wrong, insults are the next weapon.

Imagine if the way politics happens so often was how people acted in the real or cyber world as well.

It really would be good if politicians could just admit they were wrong.

This is the way capitalism, advertising, and corporate contracts with ordinary people often work.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

as i pointed out i'm using WOS to undermine your previous arguments.

Using someone you consistently called a liar and who I never relied on to undermine my arguments may not be your strongest card.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

so do you think no one has been turned off scots governing the scots by the self indulgent ramming thru of unworkable* pro-trans laws.

I don't agree with your description but I am absolutely sure some folk will have been turned off indy by hatemongers like the Bishop of Bath. Not quite sure how this relates to my point (which of course you haven't addressed) that support for Indy has not reduced in line with support for the SNP.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

(* they've been proven as unworkable by scottish institutions not working to them.)

if you think no one has been turned off indie by those f**k ups, then you've got a very low opinion of your fellow scots.

See above.

5 minutes ago, LJS said:

Using someone you consistently called a liar and who I never relied on to undermine my arguments may not be your strongest card.

I don't agree with your description but I am absolutely sure some folk will have been turned off indy by hatemongers like the Bishop of Bath. Not quite sure how this relates to my point (which of course you haven't addressed) that support for Indy has not reduced in line with support for the SNP.

See above.

I didn't say it had reduced in line with the reduction of SNP support just that it's surely reduced because Scots don't like how Scots are governing them.

2 hours ago, LJS said:

I think we both know why Neil now likes wings but explicitly saying it will probs get me banned… but I’m sure you know 

54 minutes ago, LJS said:

See above.

It’s mad how I can disagree with you so much re snp and Indy yet we can both see clearly that he is talking so much pish 😂

47 minutes ago, Neil said:

I didn't say it had reduced in line with the reduction of SNP support just that it's surely reduced because Scots don't like how Scots are governing them.

Look at the polls I sent you, then look at snp support over the same period. Then think really hard. Like as hard as you can. Then come back and see if what you’re saying makes sense. 

36 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

It’s mad how I can disagree with you so much re snp and Indy yet we can both see clearly that he is talking so much pish 😂

Unlike some, I have no issues with folk who disagree with me. We are all entitled to our opinions. 

13 minutes ago, LJS said:

Unlike some, I have no issues with folk who disagree with me. We are all entitled to our opinions. 

i'm not talking piss in saying that recent moves by the snp and scottish greens has disillusioned many indie supporters on being governed by scots, i've read it from people better  connected to indie than all of us here.

51 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Look at the polls I sent you, then look at snp support over the same period. Then think really hard. Like as hard as you can. Then come back and see if what you’re saying makes sense. 

i've thought really hard and decided that i'm not jumping to yourrequest.

13 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Won’t have time will they ? Thank f**k 

It is popular with a certain type of voter - Reform ones for example, and is simply to try and get those votes back (like the Brexit Ref was with UKIP).
It might even be in their manifesto.

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

It is popular with a certain type of voter - Reform ones for example, and is simply to try and get those votes back (like the Brexit Ref was with UKIP).
It might even be in their manifesto.

Yep but no time in this parliament to get it through is what I meant