UK Politics

kalifire

4 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I am supposed to ignore you but as you ask I shall merely say that I have rarely, if ever, even mentioned the SNP on here so not sure where you have got that idea from.

When I have mentioned them I include them in a group of parties I might like to help form a coalition, nothing more, nothing less.

Why do you have such hatred for tjhem and most things north of the border?

If you want policies for the good of the country why would you want a coalition or evolving the SNP? Ever thought of having joined up thoughts or just thoughts would be good! I have a hatred of hollow popularists  there's more truth from spaffer or farage than an SNP policy .

Edited by Neil

34 minutes ago, Neil said:

If you want policies for the good of the country why would you want a coalition or evolving the SNP? Ever thought of having joined up thoughts or just thoughts would be good! I have a hatred of hollow popularists  there's more truth from spaffer or farage than an SNP policy .

Snp and Corbyn must keep you up at night!

Corbyn is gone and snp are imoding- you’ve got everything you want. Stop bringing them up unsolicited maybe?

22 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Corbyn isn't totally gone though, and I would argue that SNP aren't going away either.

(but, I agree that Neil is a bit obsessed with both, but then we all have our obsessions, right?)

Maybe not gone but defo his relevance is very low currently. Not heard a peep from him in the news recently. He's just brought up all the time out of nowhere on here by Neil same as the snp

47 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Snp and Corbyn must keep you up at night!

Corbyn is gone and snp are imoding- you’ve got everything you want. Stop bringing them up unsolicited maybe?

the idjuts who fall for populist twaddle are still around and that's a problem -, nobody interesting is now giving the kipper campaigning lines.

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Maybe not gone but defo his relevance is very low currently. Not heard a peep from him in the news recently. He's just brought up all the time out of nowhere on here by Neil same as the snp

his relevance is big with those who think Hamas are friends (from their posts here!)

5 hours ago, steviewevie said:

ok, so...when? There aren't that many times when Labour have been in power for a start.

Because at moment seems like Hunt wants to actually inflict pain on the country and labour.

???

am i missing something?

Hunt getting rid of non dom tax status but giving the cash away in tax cuts is not really inflicting pain on the country. Its still net positive from the status quo right?

Its upto Reeves and Starmer if they decide to maintain those tax cuts rather than spend on the public sector. Stop making excuses for Labour spinelessness. A tremendously unpopular govt, a public sector in dire need of investment and still they are apparently happy to concede the intellectual argument before a shot has been fired - ’tax cuts good, nice stuff bad’ - all hail the iron chancellor!

I am fairly sure it has not been updated since so I wonder how far the UK might have dropped down the Index of Censorship given all the new and toughen up laws we have had since 2021 when the UK was in the Third tier?

"The UK has been ranked only in the third tier of a new global index of freedom of expression due to what was described as the “chilling effect” of government policies, policing and intimidation of journalists in the legal system.

Countries including Israel, Chile, Jamaica and virtually every other western European state were all ranked ahead of the UK in the measure compiled by the advocacy group Index on Censorship

The UK was listed as only Partially Open in every key metric for the year 2021"

Is Censorship now common place and are people given different sets of rules depending on their opinion, protest subject etc? Are so me able to say things now while attempts are made to silence others?

To me the growth of Censorship is worrying and it is not just the UK but this is a UK Politics thread hence discussing the UK on this post. Have you been censored in any way?

28 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I am fairly sure it has not been updated since so I wonder how far the UK might have dropped down the Index of Censorship given all the new and toughen up laws we have had since 2021 when the UK was in the Third tier?

"The UK has been ranked only in the third tier of a new global index of freedom of expression due to what was described as the “chilling effect” of government policies, policing and intimidation of journalists in the legal system.

Countries including Israel, Chile, Jamaica and virtually every other western European state were all ranked ahead of the UK in the measure compiled by the advocacy group Index on Censorship

The UK was listed as only Partially Open in every key metric for the year 2021"

Is Censorship now common place and are people given different sets of rules depending on their opinion, protest subject etc? Are so me able to say things now while attempts are made to silence others?

To me the growth of Censorship is worrying and it is not just the UK but this is a UK Politics thread hence discussing the UK on this post. Have you been censored in any way?

only on here.

tax cutting election...rwanda bill passes and flights can start...labour vulnerable over Israel/Gaza...dishi Rishi thinks this is best time and calls an election on May 2nd?

Or would he be totally mad to call one when still so far behind in the polls.

BET NOW!

15 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

tax cutting election...rwanda bill passes and flights can start...labour vulnerable over Israel/Gaza...dishi Rishi thinks this is best time and calls an election on May 2nd?

BET NOW!

How much notice do they have to give ? 

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

BET NOW!

hmmm...

13 hours ago, mattiloy said:

???

am i missing something?

Hunt getting rid of non dom tax status but giving the cash away in tax cuts is not really inflicting pain on the country. Its still net positive from the status quo right?

Its upto Reeves and Starmer if they decide to maintain those tax cuts rather than spend on the public sector. Stop making excuses for Labour spinelessness. A tremendously unpopular govt, a public sector in dire need of investment and still they are apparently happy to concede the intellectual argument before a shot has been fired - ’tax cuts good, nice stuff bad’ - all hail the iron chancellor!

hunt is corrupt as anything and quite happy to make a shameless lie to progress hunt - he makes johnson look like an honest man

53 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

BET NOW!

I have always said May and see no reason to not think it will be May.

Any benefit from budget will be felt and it gives Labour very little time to rethink or plan their way of countering what might be done.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

20240304_102127.jpg

This sort of poll is hard when boundaries remain the same but as, I think, 2/3rds have changed it becomes nigh on impossible especially if the electorate uses tactical votes as most who do that will likely not yet know how the changes will effect where they vote

3 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I have always said May and see no reason to not think it will be May.

Any benefit from budget will be felt and it gives Labour very little time to rethink or plan their way of countering what might be done.

One good reason could be that currently looks like Tory party could get walloped.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

One good reason could be that currently looks like Tory party could get walloped.

Polls are all over the place and move quite a lot each time there is a new 'Tory Scandal' and then slowly move back to a 13 ;point lead ish for Labour.........

Given all recent history waiting really will not help them so give money away to rich people, screw Labour's plans and then go for it.

Maybe they actually could not care less if they lose as they know the next government is going to have enourmous problems so not being that government could be a good idea!

47 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Polls are all over the place and move quite a lot each time there is a new 'Tory Scandal' and then slowly move back to a 13 ;point lead ish for Labour.........

Given all recent history waiting really will not help them so give money away to rich people, screw Labour's plans and then go for it.

Maybe they actually could not care less if they lose as they know the next government is going to have enourmous problems so not being that government could be a good idea!

I expect they are still trying to decide what to do, not an easy decision. Polls aren't narrowing, they're averaging 20 points behind labour. They can go for it in the spring and hope they can get islamist antisemitic eco extremist woke big spender tax raising labour and risk wipeout...or wait till later in the year and some sort of miracle, or maybe just a slight imrovement in the economy and cost of living. I'm still betting on the autumn, but happy to be proved wrong.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I expect they are still trying to decide what to do, not an easy decision. Polls aren't narrowing, they're averaging 20 points behind labour. They can go for it in the spring and hope they can get islamist antisemitic eco extremist woke big spender tax raising labour and risk wipeout...or wait till later in the year and some sort of miracle, or maybe just a slight imrovement in the economy and cost of living. I'm still betting on the autumn, but happy to be proved wrong.

Currently polls are not narrowing but 2 weeks ago they were. Prior to that they weren't, prior to that they were - that's my point they are all over the place despite today being an average of 20 points.

Give it 2 weeks scandal free after the budget and then where will we be?

The Tories PR machine, as I keep saying, is really really good.