Worthy View, Sticklinch, Tipis and campervans 1st Dec 12.00

sedra

Did anyone stay in the 4 man Glastonbury Bell on Worthy View last year? 
if so could you tell me where they were pitched please? 

Edited by Traci

Couple of questions from a first time Sticklincher:

1) do they have an email? I seem to recall there being a Worthy View email which catered for both WV & Sticklinch, but I may be wrong

2) do you receive anything a bit closer, be it on email or physical, about what the deal is when you get there - 'instructions', if you will. Or is it just rock up with a name/booking reference tackle?

3) Can you get your actual festival wristband from the Sticklinch gate, or does that have be done at Gate D then walk round? (I'm travelling with friends staying on Holt Farm, hence that question)

Edited by mufcok

On 5/14/2024 at 6:40 PM, Traci said:

Did anyone stay in the 4 man Glastonbury Bell on Worthy View last year? 
if so could you tell me where they were pitched please? 

i was. Just up from entrance on right. Great location for getting in and down to showers etc. Bit of A trek to festival though

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Armourman said:

i was. Just up from entrance on right. Great location for getting in and down to showers etc. Bit of A trek to festival though

Thanks 

is that’s the only place they were? 

how did you find them? Was there room to sit outside , I read in one post there was no where to sit 

• Like 1

There will be enough room at the front of the tent to sit out.  I have been i a 6 man and a two man tent in WV in the past, and everyone has their chairs out in front.  You may have to let people get past, though not an issue.

All the tents are marked into rows and numbers, and there are helpers there to assist if you need some help.

You could take a flag to help locate your tent on the way back from a long day/night too.

22 hours ago, Traci said:

Thanks 

is that’s the only place they were? 

how did you find them? Was there room to sit outside , I read in one post there was no where to sit 

they were huge, plenty room outside. There are others nearer gate but I liked our spot as it was quiet. We only went up and down once a day so didnt really  much time there. Was great for getting changed though. I would say if I preferred the scouts when it was just 2 of us ( in a 4 person one)

1 hour ago, Armourman said:

they were huge, plenty room outside. There are others nearer gate but I liked our spot as it was quiet. We only went up and down once a day so didnt really  much time there. Was great for getting changed though. I would say if I preferred the scouts when it was just 2 of us ( in a 4 person one)

Thanks 

I’ve stayed in the 2 person scout tents on WV and found them ok, but the luxury to stand is a winner 😂

On 5/18/2024 at 5:55 PM, mufcok said:

Couple of questions from a first time Sticklincher:

1) do they have an email? I seem to recall there being a Worthy View email which catered for both WV & Sticklinch, but I may be wrong

2) do you receive anything a bit closer, be it on email or physical, about what the deal is when you get there - 'instructions', if you will. Or is it just rock up with a name/booking reference tackle?

3) Can you get your actual festival wristband from the Sticklinch gate, or does that have be done at Gate D then walk round? (I'm travelling with friends staying on Holt Farm, hence that question)

I’ve stayed at Sticklinch the past 2 years now. I think the email address is just the Worthy View one.

You’ll receive an email with instructions and some more details about what’s on site. As you approach the site you’ll follow signs for Sticklinch (they will give some detailed instructions on how to get there).

If you’re parking at Sticklinch then you’ll go through bag check, then Glastonbury wristband, then Sticklinch wristband. When you get your Sticklinch wristband they will direct you to your accommodation. 🙂 the first year we stayed there we took the coach and the walk over to Sticklinch was horrendous, it was so hot. Then we drove last year and I couldn’t believe how short the walk was, around 5 minutes from car to bell tent!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bellasmum3 said:

I’ve stayed at Sticklinch the past 2 years now. I think the email address is just the Worthy View one.

You’ll receive an email with instructions and some more details about what’s on site. As you approach the site you’ll follow signs for Sticklinch (they will give some detailed instructions on how to get there).

If you’re parking at Sticklinch then you’ll go through bag check, then Glastonbury wristband, then Sticklinch wristband. When you get your Sticklinch wristband they will direct you to your accommodation. 🙂 the first year we stayed there we took the coach and the walk over to Sticklinch was horrendous, it was so hot. Then we drove last year and I couldn’t believe how short the walk was, around 5 minutes from car to bell tent!

Thanks!

Yeah believe the parking is mint. I'm actually travelling with friends who are staying on/parking at Holt Farm. That's a new addition this year (I think) but looks to be adjacent to Sticklinch, so should hopefully be able to make my way to the Sticklinch entrance from there.

I'll go in through Gate D, worst case, still not a million miles

I've stayed at worthy view for the past few festivals now. I come in from the north through Bristol and it seems that the journey time to worthy view is way longer than getting to the pink car parks. I think it takes you via the a39 to the A361 rather than a37 into the A361.

My question is, if not arriving at peak times is it possible to head towards pink car parks on the A37 then navigate to worthy view from there instead of taking what feels like a very long way round, or will there be no signs for it coming in that way?

Edited by Dave_c

21 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I've stayed at worthy view for the past few festivals now. I come in from the north through Bristol and it seems that the journey time to worthy view is way longer than getting to the pink car parks. I think it takes you via the a39 to the A361 rather than a37 into the A361.

My question is, if not arriving at peak times is it possible to head towards pink car parks on the A37 then navigate to worthy view from there instead of taking what feels like a very long way round, or will there be no signs for it coming in that way?

Pink Car Parks are west side, hence the A39>A361 route from Bristol. 

If I was staying at WV I would head down the A37 from Bristol all the way to Cockmill lane. I have only ever approached WV from the East side, but I know it is signposted from the West Side as well

3 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Pink Car Parks are west side, hence the A39>A361 route from Bristol. 

If I was staying at WV I would head down the A37 from Bristol all the way to Cockmill lane. I have only ever approached WV from the East side, but I know it is signposted from the West Side as well

I'm sure every time I went before WV and parked in pink I came in the A37 and didn't branch off along the A39, which to me seems a lot longer and from memory is where the signs tell you to go for worthy view.

5 minutes ago, Muffinmaiden said:

Having a look at the map and it looks like there’s no water point in Sticklinch. Can anyone who has stayed previously confirm if that’s correct? 

No there is water points. There are sinks near the toilets and around the tents as well

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 6:06 PM, eyebrain said:

Our group can no longer go with the 6-man scout tent in Sticklinch. Hoping there's someone who'd want to grab one, send me a message. 

Cause changing names is available until end of May, i'm getting kind of desperate. Willing to give away 6 person scout tent for a price of 4 person scout tent, which is 950£ (so 250£ discount). 

Save me! 

We are stopping at Sticklinch this year, our first time at glasto

I read a lot about traffic getting in to the festival - is it worth leaving at stupid o'clock to dodge the traffic? Is the traffic any different depending on which part of the festival you're going to (I believe there's different entrances on different sides?)

When should we leave!

It can get busy first thing on a Wednesday. My feeling is that the reason to get there early; either on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning before gates open, is to get through the gates earlier, to get a good camping spot. Camping in pre-pitched tents kind of makes this less important, as you’ll get the same thing regardless of what time you turn up.

1 hour ago, mattt97 said:

We are stopping at Sticklinch this year, our first time at glasto

I read a lot about traffic getting in to the festival - is it worth leaving at stupid o'clock to dodge the traffic? Is the traffic any different depending on which part of the festival you're going to (I believe there's different entrances on different sides?)

When should we leave!

To be honest as you already have a tent I’d wait and go after the rush! 

Agree about wait until initial rush has gone down.  I was in WV last year and we arrived early afternoon on Wednesday and pretty much drove straight in. We queued for a few minutes to get wristbands and then straight to the tent.

On 5/21/2024 at 9:48 AM, bellasmum3 said:

Any idea how close that tends to arrive?

Our lead booker, who booked two pods, had the email with a form asking for specific names for each pods but we've had nothing apart from that, as of yet