Hospitality Help

ChloeLaura23

20 hours ago, ChloeLaura23 said:

£3,850 per person + VAT.  I had a slight crazy moment after Sundays ticket sale and almost convinced myself I could afford this, I have come to my senses now though lol 

Just don’t get scammed. Every year people get scammed buying “hospitality tickets”. You’ll see victims posting on here and Reddit in the lead up to the festival.

If I was without a ticket I would focus on the resale and look at volunteering or working the festival as a backup. I’d forget about hospitality tickets you’re probably more likely to get scammed than to actually get one and even if you do it’ll cost you close to £1000

Edited by Madyaker
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Dave_c said:

Did you happen to take a screenshot showing it saying your registration was allocated? If so and it was indeed a glitch it would be worth challenging it with them.

I showed them my screenshot and they said the festival is sold out so they cant help, and "good luck in the resale" lol , which I doubt I will be successful in! 

3 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Just don’t get scammed. Every year people get scammed buying “hospitality tickets”. You’ll see victims posting on here and Reddit in the lead up to the festival.

If I was without a ticket I would focus on the resale and look at volunteering or working the festival as a backup. I’d forget about hospitality tickets you’re probably more likely to get scammed than to actually get one and even if you do it’ll cost you close to £1000

For sure, I am definitely not going to buy any random persons ticket, I was looking for the Glasto website specific ones but I doubt I will be able to get those as I have no links to the BBC or anything 

I have been looking at volunteering but my options will be limited because I have a lung disease disability so I can't stand for lots of hours at once but hopefully I get a response from the accessibility volunteering people soon 🙂 I do live nearby the festival and I see they offer admin jobs nearer the time but not sure if that gives access to festival tickets 

21 hours ago, Skip997 said:

So, like crew tickets, they have no photos on them?

Nothing to stop them being sold on for vast amounts.

Crew tickets had photos on last year for the first time.

Most of the hospitality people I've met in the last 3 festivals come across as hugely entitled and demanding and oddly unhappy with lots of stuff - this backstage bar os really busy why isn;t there more seating . the toilets are much nicer at the pyramid stage etc etc.  but live and let live - I don't let it bother me - I found an aquaintance lastyear had hosp tickets - no cconnection to media or locals or music industry - he £1,500  per ticket for him and his wife.  he's got the mponey so why not. I don't for  moment think he had a better time than me and I volunteer so paid £0.00. I bet I had a better time than him, better camping and outstanding crew catering, surrounded by loads of people who I've been volunteering with for well over a decade. 

3 minutes ago, upstream said:

all the volunteers that I help look after (300) had photos on so I assumed that all areas would - I don't imagine they made a special condition for our area and they took the photo from the volunteer's profile from the GFEL website

Interesting!

All our crew are registered through the GFEL website, yet not one of us had a photo on our tickets.

I don't even see my ticket until I'm on site, but I am on a early vehicle pass and arrive on the Saturday.

2 hours ago, ChloeLaura23 said:

I have been looking at volunteering but my options will be limited because I have a lung disease disability so I can't stand for lots of hours at once but hopefully I get a response from the accessibility volunteering people soon 🙂 I do live nearby the festival and I see they offer admin jobs nearer the time but not sure if that gives access to festival tickets 

Oxfam will make reasonable adjustments for volunteers with a disability, not sure about the other organisations but it's worth checking with them.

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Interesting!

All our crew are registered through the GFEL website, yet not one of us had a photo on our tickets.

I don't even see my ticket until I'm on site, but I am on a early vehicle pass and arrive on the Saturday.

I am on one of those too - actually this year I blagged a contractor pass - I usually get my ticket and my teams tickets about a week before. then  I usually stroll in on the friday afternoon with all my gear and the stuff to help my little team of 12. and then have a mooch about and say hi to all our production and infra teams and help set up our control centre.  

On 11/24/2023 at 3:11 PM, ChloeLaura23 said:

I showed them my screenshot and they said the festival is sold out so they cant help, and "good luck in the resale" lol , which I doubt I will be successful in! 

For sure, I am definitely not going to buy any random persons ticket, I was looking for the Glasto website specific ones but I doubt I will be able to get those as I have no links to the BBC or anything 

From what I understand admin jobs at the farm, even those who work for the festival all year round involve working whilst the festival is on and only get limited time off to enjoy some of the acts. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2023 at 4:23 PM, Skip997 said:

Interesting!

My crew do not have photos either.

We get all ours a week or so before