The KLF to Headline !!!!

Franky

10 hours ago, incident said:

They'll put another piece of merch on sale based around an idea they had 25+ years ago.

I mean whoever had the idea for alcohol was a damn site longer than 25 years ago and that’s still going 👍🥳

They could sell it from an Ice Cream van these days 😉

Mix from the recent Pyramid thing:

"

On the night of the 23rd of November, 2023, Jimmy Cauty (The JAMs / The KLF) played a selection of Ambient, Gospel and Choral tracks from The Ice Kream Van whilst the new Bricks Of Mu were laid on The People's Pyramid.
I think there had been a loose plan for Gimpo to raise The Foundation Stone on his forklift truck to the tune of HIRE & HIRE & HIRE by K2 Plant Hire Ltd (Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty.). However, Gimpo had downed a few drinks by then and there was a party atmosphere beginning around The Ice Kream Van. Jimmy played a selection of JAMs tracks from the newly remastered version of their debut album 1987 (Jimmy told me their deal with The British Library was great. Along with getting the full-length recording of Dr Wade from their Chill Out album back from them recently, Bill and Jimmy have asked to hear The Black Room sessions.). He also mixed in some new tunes, including their KLF KARE TRAK "Xmas Top Of The Pops". Jimmy finished his set by playing Jarvis Joins The JAMs."

some new to me tracks in there(around the 20 min mark), possibly brand new. also a few from 1987, which even as a die hard fan, are borderline unlistenable 🙂

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, paulshane said:

Mix from the recent Pyramid thing:

"

On the night of the 23rd of November, 2023, Jimmy Cauty (The JAMs / The KLF) played a selection of Ambient, Gospel and Choral tracks from The Ice Kream Van whilst the new Bricks Of Mu were laid on The People's Pyramid.
I think there had been a loose plan for Gimpo to raise The Foundation Stone on his forklift truck to the tune of HIRE & HIRE & HIRE by K2 Plant Hire Ltd (Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty.). However, Gimpo had downed a few drinks by then and there was a party atmosphere beginning around The Ice Kream Van. Jimmy played a selection of JAMs tracks from the newly remastered version of their debut album 1987 (Jimmy told me their deal with The British Library was great. Along with getting the full-length recording of Dr Wade from their Chill Out album back from them recently, Bill and Jimmy have asked to hear The Black Room sessions.). He also mixed in some new tunes, including their KLF KARE TRAK "Xmas Top Of The Pops". Jimmy finished his set by playing Jarvis Joins The JAMs."

some new to me tracks in there(around the 20 min mark), possibly brand new. also a few from 1987, which even as a die hard fan, are borderline unlistenable 🙂

Awesome 

Also, a new KLF book is available as of this morning:

https://www.alimentation.cc/product/those-we-look-at-with-closed-eyes/

"

Recent histories of The KLF / JAMs / The Timelords / The Justified Ancients Of Mu Mu / The K Foundation and K2 Plant Hire have appeared as filmed documentaries, Broadsides, as various printed books and website-based texts. Though almost all of these are ‘unauthorised’ by the original players, nonetheless they are accurate and true, despite their errors falsehoods and mistakes.

Those We Look At With Closed Eyes is number one in the ANTAR True Folk Tales Series and adds to the growing history haystack mentioned above. Many will consider this account by Albine Desray far closer to the truth and a more accurate history of the various events and releases generated by the above artists throughout time.

Hardback: see photographs with metric pencil for size, full sepia throughout spread over numerous pages of varying stock. All patina, creases, smudges and defects are unique and intended.

Printed in an edition of 600 copies only, unavailable elsewhere.

Each single purchase restricted to two books per order.

Total orders per person unlimited.

For orders above two copies: please contact Alimentation.

This book is entitled to be enlisted as a member of the KLF Re-enactment Society: www.klfrs.com

"

It appears to be some sort of pseudo generated AI thing, but as it's on the legit Bill Drummond shop, I have, of course, bought a copy 🙂

11 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

The "KLF" are on the bill of some festival with Vengaboys as headliner.  Is that a typo or a joke?  Can't see Drummond or Cauty turning up somehow ...

I mean, the festivals name would probably be a useful addition to your post here

but yes, the drummond kauty KLF are not going to be touring any time soon.

Edited by paulshane

In other news The KLFrs on Twitter were posting pictures of sites where you could scan a QR code.

There was one not too far from ours on Forthlin Road (Paul McCartneys auld house)

Anyway I found it on a post to the right of the street sign. Obviously cant tell you what it was.

image.thumb.jpeg.a83f0291a1dd9effa260268883ba0402.jpeg

11 hours ago, faymondo said:

In other news The KLFrs on Twitter were posting pictures of sites where you could scan a QR code.

There was one not too far from ours on Forthlin Road (Paul McCartneys auld house)

Anyway I found it on a post to the right of the street sign. Obviously cant tell you what it was.

image.thumb.jpeg.a83f0291a1dd9effa260268883ba0402.jpeg

Just saw this and went to check out one I located 10 mins drive from my house… but it’s gone. 😞