Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

Just now, Doohickey said:

I knew I couldn't be the only one.  This is the majority of Brothers entries so far (109+), with another 40 unopened to go.

I don't know if its monumental stupidity or triumph of hope over experience. Or I just really want to get to the festival again.

IMG_1426.jpg

how much of this are you drinking ? 

3 minutes ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

The Guardian competition is also live now. https://www.theguardian.com/info/2024/apr/15/nominate-a-friend-to-go-to-glastonbury-festival-2024 
All I need is some friends to nominate me...(in all likelihood I only need the one ticket as should have a PA application).

It is worth noting that the ts and cs are somewhat inconsistent.
Clause 8 reads: The nominees of the 10 winners will each receive two General Admission Full Weekend tickets for Glastonbury festival 2024.
Clause 11 reads: The prize tickets will be issued in the name of the nominee and their guest and will be sent to the nominee by post by Wednesday 19 June 2024.

So it looks like tickets are in the name of the nominator and nominee, but it really isn't clear given clause 8 suggests 2 tickets go to the nominees. 

21 minutes ago, Doohickey said:

I knew I couldn't be the only one.  This is the majority of Brothers entries so far (109+), with another 40 unopened to go.

I don't know if its monumental stupidity or triumph of hope over experience. Or I just really want to get to the festival again.

IMG_1426.jpg

Looks very pretty (much nicer than the contents anyway). Perhaps you could sell it as an art installation?

Just now, dizzymoo said:

Looks very pretty (much nicer than the contents anyway). Perhaps you could sell it as an art installation?

I was wondering what I could build out of them when the competition is over. I got as far as deciding hot glue maybe a way to join them, but I don't know what what form the arrangement should take. 

1 hour ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

It is worth noting that the ts and cs are somewhat inconsistent.
Clause 8 reads: The nominees of the 10 winners will each receive two General Admission Full Weekend tickets for Glastonbury festival 2024.
Clause 11 reads: The prize tickets will be issued in the name of the nominee and their guest and will be sent to the nominee by post by Wednesday 19 June 2024.

So it looks like tickets are in the name of the nominator and nominee, but it really isn't clear given clause 8 suggests 2 tickets go to the nominees. 

Seems pretty clear and consistent to me.

The nominee gets two tickets - one of them is in their name, the other in the name of their guest which could be but doesn't have to be the original nominator. Don't see it suggesting that the nominator automatically gets one of the tickets anywhere.

20 minutes ago, incident said:

The nominee gets two tickets - one of them is in their name, the other in the name of their guest which could be but doesn't have to be the original nominator. Don't see it suggesting that the nominator automatically gets one of the tickets anywhere.

Agreed

21 minutes ago, incident said:

Quite right. I'm too tired.

18 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I’m now full of cheese, cider and chocolate again. I hope I make it to Glastonbury as I’ll need the farm to walk it all off 🤣

You and I both! I finished the last of my chocolate yesterday and I simply cannot face any more. It’s lovely but that’s precisely the bloody issue!!

23 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Further info on Vodafone competition coming later.

Screenshot_20240415_150910_X.thumb.jpg.79e707e54b2f8dbcdee4b3bc54f18b23.jpg

from memory last year they asked easy to answer questions and asked people to reply to their posts with the answer to be entered into the competition

3 hours ago, cb4747 said:

I enter a lot of competitions 🤪

I do too (via Loquax). 

The most expensive prize I won was a high end hand made garden table which sat 10 people and was about £3.5K to buy retail. I received the table when me and my wife were right skint. I sold it within the week on ebay for £650. It less than I had hoped (I was asking £850 for it) to get, but it sure did come in handy at the time.

I also entered a PG tips competition while drunk one evening. They had asked what the taste of PG Tips invoked for you. I had thought of putting in a proper entry and saying something like it tasted of nectar. However, a bit of naughtiness crept into me and what I actually wrote down was the word 'vomit'. The main prize was for a car, and the 2nd prize was a years supply of PG Tips. They gave me 2nd prize for my entry - which meant that they wanted me to vomit every day for a year. i guess they had the last laugh on that one. Mind you, I did give the years supply of vouchers to one of my brothers and a mate who were sharing a house and were also very skint at that time. Not only that, but the both of them were heavy tea drinkers - so it all panned out well in the end. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Doohickey said:

I was wondering what I could build out of them when the competition is over. I got as far as deciding hot glue maybe a way to join them, but I don't know what what form the arrangement should take. 

You could build a tall top hat out of them. Contact Crazyfool01 (The Master) for guidance on how to construct. 

• Thanks 1