Pukkelpop 2024

Archi

1 minute ago, Semprini said:

Very happy with those names and nice to know so early which stage they will each play on!

Agreed. 

Weirdly thought to myself this morning before the name drop that there's not many better bands when you've got a beer in your hand and the sun is shining than the Vaccines. Very happy with them being announced. Skrillex in the Marquee is a surprise. 

3 minutes ago, Death By Sexy 2.0 said:

I know they've got some hype the last year, but Overmono in the Dance Hall feels weird. 2 years ago there wasn't much of a crowd in the Castello ( @Semprini will remember I think). 

Yes, was a pretty small crowd in the Castello for Overmono but tbf that stage didn't get busy all weekend. Will be a different story this time round though as they have really grown since then, and will blow up even more by the time PKP rolls round!

Is there any chance for Elbow? Their new single is amazing and their show in the Marquee in 2017 has been a bit of a surprise for me with thousands people singing most of the songs. They only announced UK shows at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Archi said:

I'm surprised to see Rise Against on the Marquee. I expected them on Main Stage with The Offspring. I hope they won't play too late, would be stupid to clash with The Offspring...

Marquee and Main Stage wont clash but I think that you will have to leave 15 minutes before Rise Against end to get a good place for watching Offspring.

What I am thinking is that if they programm rock acts in the Marquee (stage that clashes with Backyard), maybe they will make this stage dissapear and we will get a strong Marquee rock day similar to 2017, 2018 and 2019.

2 hours ago, DDave said:

Nas, Prodigy, De La Soul ruled out, all playing Lokerse on 8/8. 

Damn, that's a great line up. 

Wow. Lokerse Feesten literally stole the show this year ! 

I'm already happy with the names announced by Pukkelpop but still hope for some nice surprises and a strong undercard when I see all the missed shots in Lokeren.

Was chatting to one of the Lokerse production managers on Friday night (he also does the lights for Soulwax) and I joked that they steal lots of decent bands I want to see at PKP each year. Little did I know they had these 3 up their sleeves...

Consider Lokerse and Dour as more of a 'threat' than now RW tbh.

1 hour ago, johnybegood said:

Marquee and Main Stage wont clash but I think that you will have to leave 15 minutes before Rise Against end to get a good place for watching Offspring.

What I am thinking is that if they programm rock acts in the Marquee (stage that clashes with Backyard), maybe they will make this stage dissapear and we will get a strong Marquee rock day similar to 2017, 2018 and 2019.

Couple of metal acts are rumoured for PKP (Motionless in White, Amity Affliction), I think (or hope) the Backyard will stay. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Archi said:

I'm surprised to see Rise Against on the Marquee. I expected them on Main Stage with The Offspring. I hope they won't play too late, would be stupid to clash with The Offspring...

Main and Marquee alternate and are close to each other, it's easy to move from one to another and the field won't be full on Sunday night. Obviously you can't get a spot in front of the stage at every concert.

Giving that on Sundays, usually Main-Marquee area closes at midnight (while on the other days it closes at 3 am), I'd expect something like this:
18.45 - 19.45 Rise Against - Marquee
19.50 - 21.05 The Offspring - Main Stage
21.10 - 22.25 The Smile - Marquee
22.30 - 00.00 Queens Of The Stone Age - Main Stage

Edited by gigi21
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gigi21 said:

Main and Marquee alternate and are close to each other, it's easy to move from one to another and the field won't be full on Sunday night. Obviously you can't get a spot in front of the stage at every concert.

Giving that on Sundays, usually Main-Marquee area closes at midnight (while on the other days it closes at 3 am), I'd expect something like this:
18.45 - 19.45 Rise Against - Marquee
19.50 - 21.05 The Offspring - Main Stage
21.10 - 22.25 The Smile - Marquee
22.30 - 00.00 Queens Of The Stone Age - Main Stage

Queuing for The Smile while Offspring is on the main stage turns out to be a best case scenario for me.

Now if only Peggy Gou plays Dance Hall during The Smile so I won't miss out on something there, that would seal the deal. 

29 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Queuing for The Smile while Offspring is on the main stage turns out to be a best case scenario for me.

Now if only Peggy Gou plays Dance Hall during The Smile so I won't miss out on something there, that would seal the deal. 

It's 8 stages and we only got 19 out of 200+ names. IMO undercard is always PKP's best part, so I'll wait to make plans (and to decide IF going, of course).

METZ self confirmed for Green Man (15.08), La Route Du Rock (16.08) and Cabaret Vert (17.08).
Technically still available for the Sunday but very unlikely because of a show in Antwerp in November and because they already announced every show of their tours, including August festivals.

I was hoping for them 😞

Edited by gigi21

10 hours ago, gigi21 said:

METZ self confirmed for Green Man (15.08), La Route Du Rock (16.08) and Cabaret Vert (17.08).
Technically still available for the Sunday but very unlikely because of a show in Antwerp in November and because they already announced every show of their tours, including August festivals.

I was hoping for them 😞

METZ is playing 5-6 consecutive gigs, 3 times on their tour in november. So playing 4 times in a row in augustus obviously isn't a problem. Only 200km from Cabaret Vert (saturday) to Pukkelpop. Guess (and hope) that they will be added for Pukkelpop-sunday (in one of the last batches)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveRSV4 said:

METZ is playing 5-6 consecutive gigs, 3 times on their tour in november. So playing 4 times in a row in augustus obviously isn't a problem. Only 200km from Cabaret Vert (saturday) to Pukkelpop. Guess (and hope) that they will be added for Pukkelpop-sunday (in one of the last batches)

I hope so, but they're already selling tickets for their show in Antwerp (80 kms from Pukkelpop), so I don't see them very likely.

They also confirmed festivals that still haven't announced them. This make me think that Pukkelpop isn't a done deal still (if there's a deal).

On the other side, they only announced 4 shows in August so they'll probably try and add some more 🤞🏼

Edited by gigi21