Wide Awake festival 2024

mahoneypepe

Lovely additions those, what do we think the chances of a sell out are? I know last year they ended up basically giving away tickets. Doesn't feel like the lineup is considerably stronger this year

46 minutes ago, Bovla said:

Lovely additions those, what do we think the chances of a sell out are? I know last year they ended up basically giving away tickets. Doesn't feel like the lineup is considerably stronger this year

I think cheap tickets are very unlikely. Def bigger bands with King Gizzard/Slowdive/Young fathers this year. Might not sell out mind, but i think will be close

On 4/23/2024 at 12:57 PM, zahidf said:

I think cheap tickets are very unlikely. Def bigger bands with King Gizzard/Slowdive/Young fathers this year. Might not sell out mind, but i think will be close

I'm not so sure, think they mentioned they were 60 percent sold in February so can't imagine it's a huge amount more now as the bulk of the big acts had been announced by then. Almost every year they try get rid of the remaining tickets and usually someone on here posts a cheap ticket link or discounted VIP upgrade so I'm hopeful of picking one up closer the date. 

8 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I've made a playlist for this, all the acts in (new) poster order, with songs selected being as far as poss those they've played most often at recent shows (ie like the big playlists I used to do for Glastonbury) 

thanks for this mate will be much easier to check out some acts I don’t know than searching individually 

are you still making the glasto playlists any more ? Have been really handy in the past. Went looking for one this year but couldn’t see one of yours at first glance 

Speaking of which, 50 percent off tickets code on kaboodle with code 'Dazed50'

Many thanks Gnaster Womble, just snapped them up. Out of interest, how did you hear about the discount - was it via an email from Kaboodle? If so I'll have to get on their circulation list.

18 hours ago, internetjef said:

thanks for this mate will be much easier to check out some acts I don’t know than searching individually 

are you still making the glasto playlists any more ? Have been really handy in the past. Went looking for one this year but couldn’t see one of yours at first glance 

No worries!

I haven't done a Glasto one this year or last, after this place went sour and for various reasons I've not found the time. I've just been doing ones for this and End of the Road, much easier and better hit rate, and recently some collaborative Glasto ones on OOF.

Your best bet for Glasto this year is @northernringo's - 

• Thanks 1