BBC radio 1 big weekend 2024

jj200

23 hours ago, MatthewTurner said:

I’m not too sure, it does not say anyone else is TBC. So suggests not. 

I have noticed we are losing 30-60 minutes this year as what is likely part of the licensing condition. Acts are starting at 13:00 rather than 12:00/12:30.

When's the curfew this year?

59 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Radio 1 have seemingly leaked AJ Tracey added to the Sunday? 

IMG_7531.png

IMG_7532.png

Good spot! It looks like theres an opening headliner missing from Saturday as well as a couple more acts across the weekend on the Main Stage or New Music Stage

31 minutes ago, MatthewTurner said:

Good spot! It looks like theres an opening headliner missing from Saturday as well as a couple more acts across the weekend on the Main Stage or New Music Stage

It looks like opening headliners aren't necessarily happening. I wouldn't count on it by any means

The poster doesn't say 'more TBA' on main stage like sunday does - although currently they both have 9 acts (with sunday also saying more tba) so who knows eh

If a big name was being added i'd be shocked if they weren't suggesting it etc

2 hours ago, gfa said:

It looks like opening headliners aren't necessarily happening. I wouldn't count on it by any means

The poster doesn't say 'more TBA' on main stage like sunday does - although currently they both have 9 acts (with sunday also saying more tba) so who knows eh

If a big name was being added i'd be shocked if they weren't suggesting it etc

It will be interesting to see. You’re right on the Saturday poster there doesn’t seem to be anyone else TBC.

I think as per the full poster just posted, what they’ve done is push the Saturday ‘headlining opener’ into the Friday night headline slot, so that they still have the same 4 headliners they would have had over the weekend rather than 5. A little bit of a cost saving possibly. 

I remember last time I went to a big weekend was the 2018 Swansea one. Bought tickets for Taylor headlining only for Florence and the machine to be announced as the actual headliner. Not entirely sure what happened but what are the chances of that happening again this year, for better or worse. IE Raye gets overshadowed by another act or Coldplay do a shorter set for someone else headlining 

12 minutes ago, Riggins said:

What's the deal with the postcodes, any verification or can we just enter a random postcode to unlock it? 

Its hit and miss, seen some peoples get cancelled for random postcodes, others have been fine.

"To secure tickets from Pots 1 & 2 you will need to enter the postcode of your home address at the time of purchase. Anyone breaking the rules and regulations governing the ticket purchasing process may have any purchased tickets cancelled without notice.

In order to stop people using false addresses, we will ask you to provide proof of residence at the address given during the ticket buying process. This will be done by cross-referencing ticketholders registered addresses on their Ticketmaster Account against the approved list of postcodes for Pot 1 or Pot 2 (whichever applies)."

Will be intrigued by this. For example, last year we used a family member's address who lived in pot 1 to unlock tickets. However in the booking process I must've used my regular address (def not in pot 1). So who knows if they will cancel tickets this year

3 hours ago, nathanh said:

Its hit and miss, seen some peoples get cancelled for random postcodes, others have been fine.

Interesting, assuming prob a no refund situation if cancelled. Will be my first try for tickets so let's see how it goes