2024 headline speculation

airwaves

9 hours ago, zahidf said:

Yeah I'm thinking Richard/lankum/yo la tango as garden stage headliners.

Problem with that is of the four candidates for Friday Garden headliner YLT are in Liverpool, Hawley will be just off headlining Rock'n'Roll Circus the previous night in Sheffield and if Lankum really are opposite Idles I can't imagine the big name will be on the first day.

5 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Problem with that is of the four candidates for Friday Garden headliner YLT are in Liverpool, Hawley will be just off headlining Rock'n'Roll Circus the previous night in Sheffield and if Lankum really are opposite Idles I can't imagine the big name will be on the first day.

COuld be Hawley if he hasnt got anything that day then: he does play two gigs in a row

Or a completely different garden stage headliner, like Jockstrap or Baxter Dury i guess! or Sleater Kinney

I was very critical of the line up last year but they've killed it this year. A real incredible balance of scale through the bill, and variety in a way that still feels cohesive.

Cool they got Still House Plants after the pitchfork review, but I have to confess, I had to turn it off. Gave me a headache

Edited by robith

6 hours ago, robith said:

I was very critical of the line up last year but they've killed it this year. A real incredible balance of scale through the bill, and variety in a way that still feels cohesive.

Cool they got Still House Plants after the pitchfork review, but I have to confess, I had to turn it off. Gave me a headache

Same. I quite liked it until the vocal came in.

On 4/26/2024 at 9:31 AM, SweepingTheNation said:

Garden will be Hawley on Fri, YLT on Sat and Lankum on Sat

1 hour ago, goldengirl said:

how accurate do we think the clashfinder day-splits are at the moment? (as they have changed a lot since the latest announcements).

None of the new acts have announced a day yet so it's been a case of fitting them in where seems right. Obviously I've taken into account days that have been confirmed and also when acts are elsewhere.

While we're speculating, though, the idea has been floated of Jockstrap as the big pull act in the Sunday 11pm Big Top slot, which I'm not going to change on there - the actual day splits are on the horizon so it's pointless changing things for the sake of it unless one of the big names declares a day - but in the absence of other likely candidates I can absolutely see, especially as you'd think CMAT could move into that Woods sub spot easily.

59 minutes ago, accordionandvoice said:

amazing to have Stewart Lee.  cant for the life of me understand how he's not top billed, mind. biggest name on there by a huge distance

Dare I say it, Stewart Lee is too big to play the comedy stage? That stage is normally full with much lesser known comedians performing. Might need to stick him in the Big Top like they did with John Cooper Clarke?

1 hour ago, allpointsnorth said:

Dare I say it, Stewart Lee is too big to play the comedy stage? That stage is normally full with much lesser known comedians performing. Might need to stick him in the Big Top like they did with John Cooper Clarke?

They're not even promoting him as the stage headliner! Seemingly they think people will be much more interested in Janine Harouni, which to me is just a name vaguely heard.