Have child wagons got too big/ popular?

Old_Johno

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Certainly is. I was actually a little scared when I was on the road to Hanoi. It was my first trip to the Far East, and the whole difference from my norm, blew my mind a little. Fortunately I was travelling with two friends who are extensively travelled. They appeared to be calm, so I kind of realised that it was OK to be calm. 

Sri Lanka has the maddest roads. no arguing this actual fact.

overloaded-truck-parked-on-on-a-street-i

stock-photo-rajasthan-india-march-scene-

5 hours ago, bamber said:

Sri Lanka has the maddest roads. no arguing this actual fact.

overloaded-truck-parked-on-on-a-street-i

stock-photo-rajasthan-india-march-scene-

I've never been there. However, I one knew a lady who was nearly blown up by a suicide Tamil Tiger on a motorbike (when they were active). He detonated the bomb, just as he went past her in a market area. Blew loads of people up, and she was totally splattered with their blood. She was helping to transport a fancy yacht to ts owner, and they had stopped off in Sri Lanka for provisions. 

This reminds me of the request they made before Elton came on to stand up and make more space for people. I've never seen that warning before. It's a shame it only came on about 15-mins before the start of the show - they should have done it 45-minutes before. In fairness, people did stand up and fold up their chairs - not that it really meant much of a difference because no one extra really came into our area, everyone just had more space to move about in, at least where I was. 

Maybe introduce a ban on trolleys, bike trailers, camping chairs after 7pm? At least in the main fields. f**k knows why people would want to bring kids to Glastonbury under 7/8 though. I saw some of the poor sods trying to pull their trolleys around, and whilst they look beautiful and cool and that, they were trying to negotiate Greenpeace field during the morning yoga, or get past the Fatboy Slim crowd. I mean, seriously, as a parent of two toddlers myself, I wouldn't in a million years bring the kids along, looks an absolute ballache/limit of my enjoyment.

And after seeing some of the views of the stage of people further back, I think the flag situation has gotten out of control. During an act on West Holts, two women walked in with actual advertising (coffee or something) and they weren't usual rectangular flags like a national flag, they were the long top to bottom flags one half of the flag pole, effectively creating a wall of flag for anyone stood behind them.

I mean, some of this is because people are so well prepared these days. It's the same as when people are bringing in their gear and each group has at least one four-wheeler trolley, or a sack trolley. A decade or so ago, this was all very rare to see.

22 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

During an act on West Holts, two women walked in with actual advertising (coffee or something) and they weren't usual rectangular flags like a national flag, they were the long top to bottom flags one half of the flag pole, effectively creating a wall of flag for anyone stood behind them.

Saw them! I almost lost my mind and forgot my non-violent ideals when I saw them.

6 hours ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

My girls, Glastonbury '97.

FB_IMG_1671999560925.jpg

Those girls were chauffeured in some style. Infinitely better than a 'Roller', I'd say. That said, that could easily be a Silver Cross pram - kind of like the same thing. 

About the photo - the orange cover simply has to be the outside skin of an A framed tent. Tell me I'm right, otherwise I may have to eat! Yes 'eat'! 

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2023 at 3:12 PM, Neil said:

that's why one of those backpack carriers is so fantastic, you won't lose the kid, takes all that worry away.

I don't think me or my 6 year old would have wanted him in a backpack carrier 😂

Great for very small kids though 👍

11 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

I don't think me or my 6 year old would have wanted him in a backpack carrier 😂

Great for very small kids though 👍

think mine was about 2 and a half when we used the backpack thing.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

About the photo - the orange cover simply has to be the outside skin of an A framed tent. Tell me I'm right, otherwise I may have to eat! Yes 'eat'! 

Absolutely spot on!  Chapeau! 

Flysheet from a Vango Force 10 Mk5. 

Best tent ever but eventually had to be retired. 

1 minute ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Absolutely spot on!  Chapeau! 

Flysheet from a Vango Force 10 Mk5. 

Best tent ever but eventually had to be retired. 

The first ever tent that i bought was an A framed tent. I bought it specifically for Glastonbury - a festival that a very dear friend almost had to plead with me to attend! In fact, I think that he may have pleaded and lost, and then (like the true friend / trooper he is) came back for more the following year. It was, evidently, impossible for him to process anything other than that I would love the place. And he was right, and I was, initially, wrong.

I kept that tent for quite a fair few Glastonbury's. I had problems with it not being my tent at Glastonbury, at the end. However, at the end, I also realised that I was getting quite wet when it rained There were also structural issues with the aluminium poles - they'd just given up the ghost. No need for any external force to be applied to them, they had simply reinvented themselves as a very frightened jelly type substance ie their ability to support wet through tent fabric (no, I had no idea of Niwax then, and certainly couldn't have afforded it*) was non existent.

My dad, my brothers and myself once did a self build - many many moons ago now. I can recall now being in the hut (shanty) that we used during the build of the property. It was that same 'shanty' that saw me mend / even strengthen, those tent poles, so that I could still use that tent at Glastonbury. 

* We were so poor that we had to get up before we went to bed, and lick streets clean!